4 month old MKC with RUSTED exhaust tips! - Lincoln MKC Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 02-28-2016, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
5.0 Candy REDCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
4 month old MKC with RUSTED exhaust tips!

So I was about to give the MKC it's Saturday wash inside my garage, when I noticed the exhaust tips full of rust! Decided to leave it as is, it's not that dirty anyways till I take it in Monday.
What kind of cheap crap are they making these exhaust tips out of, most BASIC cars nowadays use mild stainless for exhausts, especially for the tips.....If this is Lincoln's idea of a "Luxury" ride they need to step up....this to me is completely unacceptable.....4 months and rusting?
Before I take it in, I intend to give Lincoln concierge a call and tear a strip off their backs.....I can just imagine how these would look after a couple of winters.....check your tips guys, specifically the newer 2016's!
I want these replaced.....NO exhaust tip should be rusting out in 120 days of ownership!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2386.JPG
Views:	238
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	4137  

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.

Last edited by 5.0 Candy REDCS; 02-28-2016 at 01:34 AM.
5.0 Candy REDCS is offline  
post #2 of 33 Old 02-28-2016, 08:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Near Chicago IL
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
A byproduct of Direct injected engines is soot on the exhaust tips which may be a bit corrosive. A little bar keepers friend stainless sink cleaner should clean that up. My CTS was notorious for the same issue.

2016 MKC
Platinum White - Wht Sands/Espresso
Reserve 300
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
Premium Reversible Cargo Mat
blankster is offline  
post #3 of 33 Old 02-28-2016, 08:33 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
So I was about to give the MKC it's Saturday wash inside my garage, when I noticed the exhaust tips full of rust! Decided to leave it as is, it's not that dirty anyways till I take it in Monday.
What kind of cheap crap are they making these exhaust tips out of, most BASIC cars nowadays use mild stainless for exhausts, especially for the tips.....If this is Lincoln's idea of a "Luxury" ride they need to step up....this to me is completely unacceptable.....4 months and rusting?
Before I take it in, I intend to give Lincoln concierge a call and tear a strip off their backs.....I can just imagine how these would look after a couple of winters.....check your tips guys, specifically the newer 2016's!
I want these replaced.....NO exhaust tip should be rusting out in 120 days of ownership!
Good luck with concierge..others at least get a "sorry" when they call concierge, I don't even get that. Lincoln has these "concierges" that sound all good but as another poster noted they are worthless. It's lincoln's "pretend" luxury making it sound like you have someone dedicated in your corner to help. it's been a joke for me. They have not helped in one way in the 14 months, 14 service visits I have..all they say is "we can't do anything until you bring the car back in". Number 15 (bringing the car back) this week and it wasn't even going in for the windshield which would have been another trip had I not caught it...

My tips are like that too, used the bar keeper and other products but it's "stained"/"rusted" for good it seems. Did help and clean it up some and look better but they will never look new again. Give up on this car.
20MKC15 likes this.
LnkisaPOS is offline  
 
post #4 of 33 Old 02-28-2016, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
5.0 Candy REDCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Blankster,I get soot...to me these exhaust tips seem to be made from basic steel with a a top plating, if these were mild stainless steel,there would not be a buildup of rust going on...I have Borla exhaust on my Mustang GT and 5 years later they still look the same way the day they were installed.
I spoke with the Concierge last night,and he was saying all exhausts are essentially stainless HOWEVER they had some 2014 and 2015 exhausts that a developed rust, which is why they switched to stainless steel...he logged my complaint and sent a notification to my dealer to set up an appointment, I'll drive in the morning and let them have a look.
What appears to me is, when the tips were rolled, the plating created fine cracks within the plating and salt is reacting with the mild steel.Not happy,exhaust tips rusting under 4 months!!!

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
5.0 Candy REDCS is offline  
post #5 of 33 Old 02-28-2016, 08:38 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
Blankster,I get soot...to me these exhaust tips seem to be made from basic steel with a a top plating, if these were mild stainless steel,there would not be a buildup of rust going on...I have Borla exhaust on my Mustang GT and 5 years later they still look the same way the day they were installed.
I spoke with the Concierge last night,and he was saying all exhausts are essentially stainless HOWEVER they had some 2014 and 2015 exhausts that a developed rust, which is why they switched to stainless steel...he logged my complaint and sent a notification to my dealer to set up an appointment, I'll drive in the morning and let them have a look.
What appears to me is, when the tips were rolled, the plating created fine cracks within the plating and salt is reacting with the mild steel.Not happy,exhaust tips rusting under 4 months!!!
So are you saying they will replace it?
Wow can't get Lincoln to fix more serious issues for me and they are that willing to replace your exhaust tips over some dirt/rust?
LnkisaPOS is offline  
post #6 of 33 Old 02-28-2016, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
5.0 Candy REDCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
LnKisaPOS....did you see the recent post I left for you in your thread? It might be helpful to you.
I'll hold Lincoln to a higher standard....as they advertise to a HIGHER standard...generally speaking, dealerships here in Canada do come through for customers, I'm not worried about that, I'm just pissed because of my down time having to deal with parts that SHOULD be of a better quality ( as per price point)...they will get their time at solving this one, one must be a little patient and pliable, and work with them....I have yet to be screwed around with my dealership, they always came through for me....I'm not throwing the baby with the bath water!
I'll make it very clear I am expecting this part of the exhaust to be replaced....thank you very much, but I CAN clean up any exhaust LOL I'm looking to have this crap replaced!

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
5.0 Candy REDCS is offline  
post #7 of 33 Old 02-28-2016, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
5.0 Candy REDCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Trust me, THEY will be replaced...

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
5.0 Candy REDCS is offline  
post #8 of 33 Old 02-28-2016, 09:08 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
LnKisaPOS....did you see the recent post I left for you in your thread? It might be helpful to you.
I'll hold Lincoln to a higher standard....as they advertise to a HIGHER standard...generally speaking, dealerships here in Canada do come through for customers, I'm not worried about that, I'm just pissed because of my down time having to deal with parts that SHOULD be of a better quality ( as per price point)...they will get their time at solving this one, one must be a little patient and pliable, and work with them....I have yet to be screwed around with my dealership, they always came through for me....I'm not throwing the baby with the bath water!
I'll make it very clear I am expecting this part of the exhaust to be replaced....thank you very much, but I CAN clean up any exhaust LOL I'm looking to have this crap replaced!
Thanks for the advice but I HAVE been trying to hold Lincoln to a higher standard for the 14 months I've owned the car. That's the problem I see ... There is no "higher standard" for luxury for Lincoln. They have so far missed the boat over the other luxury brands I've owned, not even close at least for my experience. Agree with others here that Lincoln has a long way to go and the rate they are they will NEVER get there. I've accepted that they are not luxury and I made a big mistake. I thought it was just me but after reading and lurking the last 10 months it's sad to see its not just me. The lack of quality, the lack of real service, and the joke dealing with Lincoln, it seems to be all over the place us and Canada (I'm US)and country guys service department.... My goodness.
And the poor poster who has had to bring his car back three times for a 30 minute modem replacement dictated by Lincoln..multiple trips back and a need for "diagnostics", are they kidding?
the horror stories I read, in a way it's comforting, at least I'm not the only one being treated like an idiot LOL.
LnkisaPOS is offline  
post #9 of 33 Old 02-28-2016, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
5.0 Candy REDCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Well, if it makes you feel any better, a close friend of mine decided to purchase a full loaded Mercedes S class 500s for a substantially premium price....well over $130,000 taxes extra....they have had issues with door alignment, power windows switch gear jamming,front driver seat mechanicals replaced twice, and trunk that does NOT release the latch....Their previous car was a 7 series BMW, also a flag ship car and that also had a myriad of problems (the reason they traded it in )....Cars are overtly complex nowadays,and with that comes issues and parts failure,or both!

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
5.0 Candy REDCS is offline  
post #10 of 33 Old 02-28-2016, 09:56 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
Well, if it makes you feel any better, a close friend of mine decided to purchase a full loaded Mercedes S class 500s for a substantially premium price....well over $130,000 taxes extra....they have had issues with door alignment, power windows switch gear jamming,front driver seat mechanicals replaced twice, and trunk that does NOT release the latch....Their previous car was a 7 series BMW, also a flag ship car and that also had a myriad of problems (the reason they traded it in )....Cars are overtly complex nowadays,and with that comes issues and parts failure,or both!
I can guarantee from dealing with MB that they are handling the problems appropriately...my issue with Lincoln is they are not...

That's the difference between your treatment with a REAL luxury brand as opposed to my experience here..not even close....my point.

Yes every car/manufacturer is vulnerable to problems, simple QC and larger ones, but it's how they handle and deal with it that makes them a worthwhile company that deserves my $$$. I've been extremely lucky with seriously zero problems with all my other cars, luxury brand and not. So I'm really getting walloped here for my first experience and Lincoln has done nothing to help only make things worse and treat me like a complete idiot. Just feel so robbed right now...
LnkisaPOS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome