post #1 of 118 Old 06-29-2014, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fuel Economy

Contemplating an MKC either 2.0 or 2.3.

Curious for those of you that may have one already how you're doing on gas mileage. I was slightly disappointed by the mileage figures of 19/26 and 18/26 for 2.0 and 2.3 with AWD for turbo 4 cal engines. I was hoping maybe Lincoln would have had an 8 speed auto ready for release that may have helped bump that up a bit but I do love the rest of the car.

Anybody beat the EPA estimates at all? Anyway way under them?
post #2 of 118 Old 06-30-2014, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I have been waiting for any reports of actual MPG. The general Ford Ecoboost experience had been MPG grossly under the EPA ratings. Now the MKC numbers seem low to begin with, so maybe they are realistic, but I sure want to see some real world reports.

We can coax our BMW X3 3.5i to get 29 MPG at 75 MPH...handily beating the EPA rating.
post #3 of 118 Old 06-30-2014, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd92 View Post
I have been waiting for any reports of actual MPG. The general Ford Ecoboost experience had been MPG grossly under the EPA ratings. Now the MKC numbers seem low to begin with, so maybe they are realistic, but I sure want to see some real world reports.

We can coax our BMW X3 3.5i to get 29 MPG at 75 MPH...handily beating the EPA rating.
You may have been asked but what is the incentive to possibly trade the BMW? old model year or just adding the MKC to the fold? what do you not like about the BMW?
Thanks

post #4 of 118 Old 06-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

I already said we are keeping the BMW no matter if we get an MKC. The MKC will replace a 2007 Mazda CX-9 that has 90K miles. It's still like new, but time to replace it.

There is nothing we don't like about the BMW. It's the 7th BMW I have owned. I have never owned a Lincoln and the MKC is there 1st Lincoln that has even interested us. We have driven one 3 times now and really like it.
post #5 of 118 Old 06-30-2014, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Todd.

I've had a similar experience with my 2012 A4 Quattro. The EPA is only about 31 on the highway but I can usually get about 33. I had two Acura TL's in the past too and I usually could get a mpg or two higher than rated on those as well.

Hoping the MKC isn't a guzzler on gas. They also rate it as using regular gas yet on their hp figures they footnote that they used 93 octane to achieve them.

Curious if the economy drops with regular too.
post #6 of 118 Old 07-13-2014, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just got mine and I have averaged 20.6 mpg with the 2.3. Only have 400 miles on it so the engine has not broken in yet.
post #7 of 118 Old 07-13-2014, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

I have yet to own a car that gets different mileage depending on age. FWIW, modern vehicles are don't have a 'break-in' and haven't for a long time.

What type of driving for 20.6 MPG (which is awful unless mostly stop and go city).
post #8 of 118 Old 07-13-2014, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd92 View Post
I have yet to own a car that gets different mileage depending on age. FWIW, modern vehicles are don't have a 'break-in' and haven't for a long time.

What type of driving for 20.6 MPG (which is awful unless mostly stop and go city).

Not getting optimal fuel economy in a new engine is actually very common though each motor can be a little different. I've seen it in quite a few cars though. Fueleconomy.gov which performs EPA testing also mentions engine break-in as a factor stating about 3 to 5k miles as a break-in period.
post #9 of 118 Old 07-13-2014, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am getting 22-23 MPG average according to the fuel economy gauge on the MKC. This is with the 2.0 engine. My mother on the other hand is getting 17-18 MPG as she drives a bit more aggresively than me. This is mainly local driving almost no highway so far. On the 30 mile highway drive back home from the dealership with me at the wheel, the computer indicated 26 MPG.
post #10 of 118 Old 07-13-2014, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
without pics I don't believe any poster really has one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page