55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 161 Old 07-25-2014, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lincoln MKC Quality/Issues Thread

Thought it might be a good idea if we had a place for all the issues/quality complaints. I'm not saying there are or will be massive issues, but I think threads like this are valuable to potential shoppers...
rocmkc, JasDmw, goepfrich and 2 others like this.
post #2 of 161 Old 07-25-2014, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rear license plate valence improperly installed

Pics on my thread Warning! Read if you own/picking up mkc
post #3 of 161 Old 07-31-2014, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
A few things to keep an eye on. I saw these on showroom models so it could be early production issues.
1. Look under your front seat..the air duct is flimsy and may not be properly installed, comes out. It may be designed that way so it won't be damaged if kicked by back seat passengers.
2. a few particles of something in the paint
3. Observe the rear tailgate seam, on one,the passenger side, it had a rough area, like it may have been hit when the tailgate was installed and then touched up but the metal was not.
4. Drivers side , amber refelector around the front wheel was recessed below the level of the the trim piece..other side was flush which is correct.
5. Walking up to the vehicle the welcome mat and lighting did not come on even though the settings were correct. May have been something else, they did activate when pressing the unlock button.
6. Rear cargo pillar trim drivers side not installed correctly, gap between trim piece and roof headliner.
All minor but all the more reason they should not occur on a $40,000+ vehicle
MONICART, goepfrich, Katie and 2 others like this.

post #4 of 161 Old 08-01-2014, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I did not know where to post this message, but anyhow, the two fog lights ( the two led bar located where the fog light usually are ) turn on only at parking light position on the light control switch. The fog lamps are off at the autolamps position on the light control switch. Is it possible to have the fog light on on the autolamps position ?

By the way.....after 1700 km, i'm still very satisfied with my car.
post #5 of 161 Old 08-01-2014, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedeli View Post
I did not know where to post this message, but anyhow, the two fog lights ( the two led bar located where the fog light usually are ) turn on only at parking light position on the light control switch. The fog lamps are off at the autolamps position on the light control switch. Is it possible to have the fog light on on the autolamps position ?

By the way.....after 1700 km, i'm still very satisfied with my car.
That is strange, maybe they are just meant to be parking lights? So you're saying there's no separate fog lights switch and they aren't controlled at all in "auto"? I'm assuming it's the strip on the right side of this pic, and based on the location I would have thought they were fog lights.

post #6 of 161 Old 08-01-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg021 View Post
That is strange, maybe they are just meant to be parking lights? So you're saying there's no separate fog lights switch and they aren't controlled at all in "auto"? I'm assuming it's the strip on the right side of this pic, and based on the location I would have thought they were fog lights.

I also think that they are fog lights...........at autolamps position, only the light pipes underneath the headlamps are on.........I think that the fog light should be on.............is it the same situation for you guys? ( I mean that only the light pipes is on at autolamps position )
post #7 of 161 Old 08-01-2014, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedeli View Post
I also think that they are fog lights...........at autolamps position, only the light pipes underneath the headlamps are on.........I think that the fog light should be on.............is it the same situation for you guys? ( I mean that only the light pipes is on at autolamps position )
I think you can control these lights mentioned in the vehicle setup (Lighting?), controlled by the left "buttons" on the steering wheel. They may be considered Daytime Running Lights, as I know the MKC does not have "fog" lights per se.
post #8 of 161 Old 08-01-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
I think you can control these lights mentioned in the vehicle setup (Lighting?), controlled by the left "buttons" on the steering wheel. They may be considered Daytime Running Lights, as I know the MKC does not have "fog" lights per se.
I just realized that I do not have that ''daytime light'' feature in
the vehicle setup.
This is very strange, since I have the auto highbeam feature and also
because my vehicule is pretty well equipped (2.3L, tech package...etc)

I guess this is a matter of regulation here in Canada.
post #9 of 161 Old 08-01-2014, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Interesting how every car is different. My car uses the headlights as DRL's. I have no fogs.

Wife's car has a separate selector on the lighting stick so the headlights can be in auto and the fog lights can be turned on/off independent of that.

Is there any way you've found to turn these lights on while in auto via menu setting or otherwise? If not then they would really just be parking lights...
post #10 of 161 Old 08-02-2014, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe they come on when car is in "drive".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page