post #5 of Old 04-25-2017, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
kingofheartsx44

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankster View Post
"I know that the 2018 MKC is getting some design alterations that may improve upon features and interior space."

MKC follows the Escape in terms of refresh/redesign - No major changes are expected until MY 2019 at the earliest. Also confirmed by my dealer - There is also no "retooling" gap scheduled for the plant where they are built prior to the MY 2018 production (starting 8/28) which would indicate minor changes at best.
I was thinking that the mid-year refresh would happen in 2019 as well, but the I mentioned my concern to my dealer when I took the MKC for a test drive. The rep said they were told that the grill design would be updated on the '18s to match the rest of the Lincoln lineup, but otherwise didn't know any other specifics.

I'm a little hung up on the adaptive cruise control and active park assist. The Escape has the enhanced park assist and the adaptive cruise control comes with pre-collision assist. The MKC is behind on both of these features in the 2017 model. I would be really disappointed if the 2018 model didn't update these features, or potentially add stop & go. I'm leaning towards the Escape for the moment and that Lightning Blue paint is really slick. Those driver assist updates would tip the scales back towards the MKC for me, especially due to price between a fully-loaded MKC Reserve and Escape Titanium. Otherwise, Lightning Blue may not be available for the 2018 Escape.

Last edited by kingofheartsx44; 04-25-2017 at 11:10 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome