Lincoln MKC Forum - View Single Post - MKC 2.3 AWD vs Escape Titanium 4WD
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 04-26-2017, 09:21 AM
MKC4ME

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I came from 13+ years of driving Toyotas looking for more of a luxury vehicle that I could acquire from an in-town dealership, resulting in my selection of the MKC. From what I could see, all of the technology options available on the Escape were available on the MKC, and some were available first or only on the MKC. The big difference is the packaging of the options and some of the terminology.

I'm not sure what you mean by "enhanced" park assist but my MKC has "active" park assist which works for parallel parking (but no longer perpendicular parking). I haven't really got the hang of using it because it involves automatic steering and manual forward/reverse operation. I tend to find that the vehicle is turning in much closer to the vehicle in front than I would feel comfortable doing and the tendency is to stop the operation which then means I have to finish it manually. It has active and fixed guidelines with the rear view camera for reverse perpendicular parking.

The adaptive cruise control works great, and I've found that if a slower vehicle pulls in front the MKC applies some braking and slows down more quickly than I could react myself. I feel though that there could be a false sense of security created because if you are driving without the adaptive cruise control on, it's not going to slow down automatically but will pre-charge the brake system. The blind spot information system and cross traffic alert are very desirable features and I miss them on my vehicles that don't have them.

My MKC also has the auto-stop/start feature and I have gotten used to it though I would be inclined to turn it off in stop and go driving on a major highway, and use the auto-hold feature instead. Although some drivers prefer the performance of the 2.3 L engine, I am finding the 2.0 L engine to be quite adequate, and comparable to other offerings in this class of vehicle (ie Lexus NX200T).

Good luck with your choice!

2017 Lincoln MKC Reserve 2.0T AWD
Palladium White Gold with Cappuccino Interior
Tech Package, THX and Towing Package
Built 2017-03-22

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome