Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Frequent Stalling Issues

7K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Remy Cameron 
#1 ·
Please see the e-mail below that I sent last week to Lincoln Customer Care

Attention: Terry Erb, Director, Lincoln - Marketing, Sales & Service

On May 28th, 2015 I purchased a 2015 Lincoln MKC All-wheel Drive with the 2.3L 14 GTDI Ecoboost Engine, fully loaded
(the only major option that I did not get was the park assist/lane warning system). I also purchased a 72 month extended warranty and service plan. I am an architect with projects all over the province and I require a safe and reliable vehicle.

The car has been serviced regularly as per the manufacturer’s recommendation, I use premium gas and also purchased a set of winter tires and rims.

Early last fall I started having serious issues with the car - it would hesitate when accelerating from a stop, the tachometer would fluctuate wildly and then the car would stall. This would happen after the car had been driven for an extended period and the engine was warm.

In October I took the car in Barrie Ford because it was convenient for me since I had a project in the area. The dealer checked the car a reported that they “could not duplicate the issue” and sent me on my way. I told it there on three other occasions and various parts were replaced. The car was functioning better (not perfect) until about a week ago when it started to stall again. I have not driven the car since it stalled at a traffic light Wednesday evening after being driven for 25 minutes.

I have made an appointment to take the car Monday morning May 1st to Yonge-Steeles Ford- Lincoln.

The car is not safe to drive and I am losing income by not being able to drive to my projects and carry on business.

I no longer have confidence in the car or The Lincoln Motor Company’s ability to fix it properly. This car is a “lemon” and although there are no “Lemon Laws” in Canada I expect The Lincoln Motor Company to stand behind their products.

I would like to return the car and receive a full refund of my purchase price. I have already sent a similar request to Customer Care yesterday morning.

I expect a prompt response from you after you review the service records and information.

Yours Sincerely,

Jonathan Weizel Architect
36 Janesville Road
Thornhill, ON. L4J 6Z9
Tel.(905)707-1996
Fax.(905)707-3474
E-mail: jrweizel@rogers.com

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I have the same car and engine you have. This started with my car about two months ago. At a stop light I would have to keep my foot on the gas and brake or the car would stall. It would not do it all the time. When on the thruway the car would start to stall and restart back up. I was afraid to drive because not knowing when this was going to happen. I could never duplicate this at the dealer and they could never find it. One day I was driving and at a light,again it happen. I just so happen to be near my dealer and pulled into the service bay and it was steadily stalling and the tach was going crazy. As I sat in the car in park I had my foot on the gas as it was ready to stall. A service advisor came over and said he had never seen this before. So they gave me a car to use. They told me they called ford and found out what the problem was. The Oil Pan Separator needed to be replaced. This was causing the engine to think it was ready to stall. As old as I am I never heard of this part. But low and behold a week later I got my car back and it has never happen again. The service advisor stated he has worked long at ford and never replaced this part before. Mention this to you dealership and see what happens. Good luck.

#4 ·
Did you get a response from Terry Erb or one of his associates? I wrote to him about a month ago outlining all the issues (and there have been many) with my 2015 MKC. A couple of days later I got a call from the manager of Client Relations. We discussed all of the outstanding issues I had with the car as well as all previous and now resolved issues. The manager was very helpful and got everything taken care of and to my satisfaction. It was obvious that she was trying to gain my loyalty to Lincoln again. I had to make several more visits to the dealership to get everything taken care of but so far so good.

#7 ·
The dealer phoned today and said to come and pick up my car, they could not replicate the issue. The dealer and Lincoln Care also refused to check the oil pan separator as suggested by jeepwhite1. Lincoln Care said that "they do not support the Lincoln MKC Forum". To add insult to injury the dealer charged me $40.00 for the gas that the service manager used driving my car on the weekend and then it took them more than 35 minutes to retrieve my car because it was blocked by other vehicles.
This f_cking car is a piece of sh_t and I will get rid of it as soon as I can.

#8 ·
I'm really sorry to hear that. By Lincoln Care do you mean the person that contacted you from Terry Erb's office? I would contact them again as well as Terry directly. It seems Lincoln won't do anything unless you keep bugging them often enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.