Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Lane keeping system problem

9K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  symetry 
#1 ·
Well I've officially had my new MKC 10 days,
Have 500 miles on it.
and

Today the lane keeping alert, vibrating steering wheel, stopped working.

Tried setting it to different intensity , nothing,

Then it worked 1 time , 1 time only.
Can not get it to alert again. The assist part still works.

Funny, how quickly you can get use to something....then....all of sudden it stops,
and you miss it.

Oh well guess I'll wait a week or so to see if any other bugs surface....then visit the dealer.

:(

Jim

#3 · (Edited)
Mine only has provision for 3 settings.

1. Alert(vibrate)
2. Assit
2 .Alert and assist

I drove it a few days on alert only, then set it to alert and assist, drove a few days,
and I like that setting, as it lightly assists away from the lane lines ,.
Helps on our narrow roads.

Jim

#4 ·
I'm not aware of an audible alert (only vibrate) unless you cross over the line too many times without signalling - then it suggest taking a rest break.

I couldn't seem to get the system to work after a routine maintenance visit but rediscovered the on-off switch at the end of the left steering wheel stock.

Also, the settings may be tied to a MyKey which would mean they default to the setting associated with that key.

Reactions: symetry
#5 ·
DANG....!!!

I'm bettin thats my problem,

I remember touching that little button, on the end of the turn signal stick,
I didn't know that was the on/off switch for lane alert.

I can't find it in the manual.

I will check that later today , when I go out.

Thanks brother.

Jim

#6 ·
Ok ,
Got it figured out.

I was accustom to drivingin "alert" mode only, where the camera alerts, by steering wheel vidration, when car gets close to the lane marks.

Then when I switched to "Alert and Aid" it only helps steer the car to the center of lane, but will "Alert" if you coninue to drift too far off center of lane.

OK...
My system is working as it should..

I'm still learnng about this car.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.