Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Problem with hatch not aligned

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Max 
#1 ·
I Noticed this past weekend I as washing my MKC left side of the rear hatch is not lining up on my 2015 Lincoln MKC

#2 ·
I had a similar issue on my 2016. Dealer adjusted it perfectly under warranty. Don’t try to do it yourself it’s very heavy and tricky to adjust.

#4 · (Edited)
I purchased my Mkc last November and have had issues since the day we purchased it. It was used and the hatched did not work and was written into my purchase agreement that the dealership would fix it. The changed out the hatch module but that has not worked and has gotten worse over time. I went to Lincoln with the tb and my extended warranty to get it fixed and they told me the extended warranty only covers $200 after my deductible and I still have to pay $1500.

My thoughts is if this is affecting both mkc’s and escape’s they should just make it a recall. I am tired of trying to shut my tailgate 7 or 8 times before it shuts.

Anyone else?

#6 ·
My mother's 2015 mkc having similar tailgate issues since she got it. Been to dealer numerous times. Extended warranty paid for most of it. Dealer let warranty lapse, now needs new battery(old one is only 15 months old), and $800 to replace tailgate control modem. When will there be a recall issued?