MKX Teasers - Lincoln MKC Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 04-19-2014, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
MKX Teasers

Lincoln is officially launching the brand in China, which should put an end to any speculation that Ford is planning to mothball the brand (at least for now). The Concept said to preview the MKX will debut at the Beijing show tomorrow, Easter Sunday.

So far they've released a video and one photo showing off the LED's. Let's see if Lincoln is serious about taking some of Buick's market share. So far the signs are encouraging. There's also a link to the gallery of a mock dealership, which look beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMipL2x2hZ8

https://www.autoblog.com/photos/linc...photo-2545897/

post #2 of 24 Old 04-20-2014, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
MKX Concept

Nice looking rig. I especially like the rear view. I still prefer the proportions of the MKC, and if shopping in this size class I would probably lean toward the new Edge or Murano. But I do like where Lincoln is going. Like the MKC, the production model will probably be pretty close to the concept. I will be envious if this gets the new Nano EcoBoost V6, although honestly I'll be surprised if it doesn't.

The LINK in case the pictures still aren't working for everybody.

post #3 of 24 Old 04-20-2014, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

post #4 of 24 Old 04-20-2014, 10:11 AM

hopefullly they do well there. lots of money in asia
post #5 of 24 Old 04-21-2014, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I think this concept is looking really good. I like what Lincoln has done with both the head and taillights of the MKX concept. It was genius to put the headlights into the grille. It integrates so well with the grille now. It looks very sleek, and the view from the top looking at the roof is really cool too.

post #6 of 24 Old 04-21-2014, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
MKX looks great to me, i love it. Seems like with every new vehicle Lincoln shows they improve on their design. I don't see much toning down needed from what were seeing. Already starting to imagine the production model

post #7 of 24 Old 04-21-2014, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMarco View Post
MKX looks great to me, i love it. Seems like with every new vehicle Lincoln shows they improve on their design. I don't see much toning down needed from what were seeing. Already starting to imagine the production model
The addition of door handles and realistic mirrors seem to be the most obvious candidates for revision. The exhaust finishers will probably be altered, but I hope they don't go to round tips like they did on the MKC. Even the 21" wheels are realistic with acceptable sidewall for production. I am interested to see if they leave the grille design as-is. I would like to see body color fender flares as opposed to the black ones shown, but that's a personal preference and I don't expect it to change.
post #8 of 24 Old 04-22-2014, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I'm not particularly joy jumping at the MKX. It looks fine, I suppose, I still see too much of the outgoing in the rework. Not to mention those tail lamps. Definitely not my tea in that cup.

I am confused however that Lincoln showed the MKX sans interior to a market overwhelmingly obsessed with interior class. Not to mention the massive size of the MKX. I personally think the MKC will do much better in China than MKX, but I think the motivator for the the MKX Chinese launch was more pandering than anything.

Flatter the Chinese with a big global launch with the hope that you scratch my back, I'l scratch yours...
post #9 of 24 Old 04-22-2014, 04:10 PM

has it been released now? one of the chinese auto shows just passed correct?
post #10 of 24 Old 04-22-2014, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humpty dumpty View Post
I'm not particularly joy jumping at the MKX. It looks fine, I suppose, I still see too much of the outgoing in the rework. Not to mention those tail lamps. Definitely not my tea in that cup.

I am confused however that Lincoln showed the MKX sans interior to a market overwhelmingly obsessed with interior class. Not to mention the massive size of the MKX. I personally think the MKC will do much better in China than MKX, but I think the motivator for the the MKX Chinese launch was more pandering than anything.

Flatter the Chinese with a big global launch with the hope that you scratch my back, I'l scratch yours...
I guess they see a growing demand for an even larger SUV for that market and other markets in that part of the world.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page