Lincoln debuts new dealership fragrance to cover old people smell - Lincoln MKC Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By humpty dumpty
  • 1 Post By Radius

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 08-15-2014, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lincoln debuts new dealership fragrance to cover old people smell

Though it is working hard to change, Lincoln has been associated with older folks for a while now. Older folks have a reputation for smelling like, well, old people. All this has led Lincoln to create a fragrance that will flow through its dealerships' air vents to make the place smell nice. It has hints of green tea, jasmine and tonka in it. It's called the Essence of Lincoln.

While the Essence of Lincoln might sound crazy, Lincoln experience training manager Dennis Carnevale says it's "a subtle, yet powerful tool for our dealers to use to help clients make an emotional connection to their store and the Lincoln brand.

As long as it smells good, I guess this is a good move.

Lincoln tries to hide the old people smell with new dealership perfume

post #2 of 10 Old 08-15-2014, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I'm not surprised one bit, I think MB or some other major luxury car maker did this already. At least Lincoln isn't the last.

post #3 of 10 Old 08-18-2014, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I get you were trying to be funny, but your humor makes a lot less sense when you consider for about one second most Lincolns are sold in joint Ford dealerships...

It also makes little sense if you consult our demographic thread, as the MKC has clearly shown to be attracting a much different audience than the stereotype says. Average age of all Luxury shoppers sits in the high 50's Lincolns is 61. Not for anything but if you're going to make old folks jokes why not do the same for Mercedes, Lexus et all?

I'm in my late 20's BTW
Mojo likes this.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-19-2014, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I really didn't mean it to be taken that seriously. Lincoln making its own fragrance is pretty funny without me even making jokes. Only other company that I know does that is Hollister. Take that for what you will.

post #5 of 10 Old 08-19-2014, 05:14 PM

I didn't find it to be funny at all, it may be funny to you but seeing the way lincoln is growing and how as a brand they're changing, this is a great way to add to the whole experience.

post #6 of 10 Old 08-21-2014, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hilarious!
post #7 of 10 Old 08-26-2014, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It's a little funny, in the ridiculous corporate ideas sense. I've never been in a car dealership that smelled bad, does that mean everyone else is already scenting?

As for truly ridiculous, the MB S-Class has dedicated ducting for an air purification and fragrance system.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-26-2014, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
From an interview with the Perfumer, Rene Mogenthalar (worked with Ralph Lauren, CK and Elizabeth Taylor)

Quote:
Perfumers are memory makers,” Morgenthaler said. “The sense of smell is very closely connected with a person’s overall perceptions of an experience.”
Quote:
“While every sense plays a part in forming a client’s perception of an experience, scent has one of the strongest connections to not only memory, but emotion,” said Dennis Carnevale, Lincoln experience training manager. “Essence of Lincoln is a subtle, yet powerful tool for our dealers to use to help clients make an emotional connection to their store and the Lincoln brand.”
post #9 of 10 Old 08-26-2014, 05:38 PM

Good to see they got someone that worked with some good brands, those brands have some decent cologne's. RL Blue is nice

post #10 of 10 Old 09-16-2014, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
What the Dealers should do is hurry up and build out the new showroom, then worry about how it smells. Walk in to the typical Lincoln dealer and it doesn't compare to the typical BMW, Audi, Lexus, etc. dealership. I know it's part of Lincoln Motor Company's plan, but now that they have the MKZ, MKC, and the new MKX on the way they need to get moving. We have a Land Rover and a BMW, and its hard to convince my wife that the MKC is a great choice when it looks like we are walking into a Ford dealer.

If you have seen the pictures of the Lincoln dealership they are planning in China its clear they know what needs to be done. Get it done!
JefffromNH likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page