• 1 Post By sg021

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 11-07-2014, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lincoln opens an ultra-luxury store in China

Lincoln recently opened its first ultra=luxury showrooms in three cities across China. The new showrooms are in the cities of Beijing, Shanghai and Hangzhou.

These new showrooms are "living spaces" with just a few Lincoln models on display to give customers an idea of the range of vehicles available. This is being dubbed, "The Lincoln Way."

Quote:
"The launch of the Lincoln Way in China is the result of our global team researching a wide array of luxury brands," said Lincoln China president Robert Parker. "We believe the resulting customer experience will reshape luxury automotive ownership in China today."
Families come into the showroom which has home like features such as a tea room and lounge seating. Lincoln is hoping to be able to define itself as different from the rest in China through its products and a re-imagined buying experience.

by the end of the year the company will open eight stores across the country before expanding to 50 cities by 2016.

post #2 of 10 Old 11-07-2014, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
WOW, that is impressive. China has come a long way I guess. I always thought most chinese were flat broke poor, but thats not the case if Lincoln is building these palaces!
post #3 of 10 Old 11-07-2014, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Is there some press release where I could get the Shanghai address. I will be there next month and would be interested in dropping in (although the town is hugely spread out).
China has a large and growing upper middle class. It is actually a bit late to come on the auto scene now (Buick has been there in a big way for a long time), but there is no time like right now.............

post #4 of 10 Old 11-07-2014, 02:54 PM

Garage
I found it, thanks. Seems this Yongda Group is already the big dog agency, handling Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Porsche, BMW, Audi.

Shanghai Yongda Lincoln Center
Address: No.1447, Luo Shan Road, Pudong District, Shanghai
VIP hotline: [IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG]+86-21-5033-6789

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/shangh...110200308.html
Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
post #5 of 10 Old 11-07-2014, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
That is something I would have expect from a brand like Bentley, good to see Lincoln has done this.

post #6 of 10 Old 11-07-2014, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
You only get one chance to make a first impression...

My Lincoln dealer sure as **** doesn't look like that
TxTom likes this.
post #7 of 10 Old 11-09-2014, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg021 View Post
You only get one chance to make a first impression...

My Lincoln dealer sure as **** doesn't look like that
I've felt for a long time that this could be a factor why Lincoln struggles to be accepted as a "real" American luxury brand. Since becoming a Lincoln owner, I've have noticed all aspects of the brand and I must say that many of their dealerships look "tired", including mine.
post #8 of 10 Old 12-05-2014, 07:19 PM

Garage
Posting from Shanghai*
Yesterday I was in in the Pudong neighborhood where the dealership was located, but did not have time to run it down.
Certainly it is the right area- all the high end retail (Luis Vitton, Rolex, etc.) nearby, as well as Bentley, Maserati, etc.
It will be interesting to return here and see how much traction they can get in the market. The streets are dense with Q5 class vehicles.
post #9 of 10 Old 12-09-2014, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I think that doing something like this is a great way to elevate the Lincoln brand in China. In NA Lincoln has to battle against its reputation a bit, but in China they are able to start from scratch. If this is the first impression that you get of Lincoln it makes the brand seem pretty impressive and luxurious.

post #10 of 10 Old 12-10-2014, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter090 View Post
I think that doing something like this is a great way to elevate the Lincoln brand in China. In NA Lincoln has to battle against its reputation a bit, but in China they are able to start from scratch. If this is the first impression that you get of Lincoln it makes the brand seem pretty impressive and luxurious.
They're actually not starting from scratch at all in China...

Quote:
And even though Lincoln is just getting started there, the brand has something many premium makers lack: a rich history of celebrities and American presidents as customers.

After conducting extensive one-on-one interviews with wealthy consumers in China, Kumar Galhotra is optimistic because a strong brand history carries a lot of weight in the country.

“They think of Lincoln as presidential,” says the Ford vice president who became president of Lincoln in September. The brand’s Black Label upscale trim package now being offered in the U.S. is being marketed in China instead under the Presidential moniker.
https://www.mkcforum.com/forum/car-lo...-lincolns.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page