• 1 Post By kmccart

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-26-2015, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
LIncoln Continental Concept leaked

An accidental teaser has come out from Lincoln that gives us some info on the upcoming Lincoln Continental. It is an unfinished site that mentions the 2017 Continental, which suggests that the car will be making it to production.

We don't get any photos of the car on the site, all we get is a description.

The one concrete detail we get from the site is about "e-latch door handles" and possibly chairs that actually massage you.

My guess is that the Continental will be a halo car for the brand.

JefffromNH and greg9233 like this.
post #2 of 2 Old 03-26-2015, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
As a Lincoln owner, I was invited to a couple clinics to view prototypes and give feedback. The first clinic featured two cars. One was very formal (a new Town Car?) and the second was an elegant, breezy sedan with some styling cues of the '56 Continental, but as a sedan. Both were presented against competitors and were hands down the best looking choices. The second clinic was just one car - the evolution of the "elegant, breezy" prototype, more refined and looking more like a production vehicle. It was again presented alongside 4 competitors and was by far the preferable choice. This time, there was a finished interior. Very well done and with lots of rear seat room and amenities (for the Chinese market, I suspect, where business people often have a driver and ride in the back). There was a new kind of door handle they were testing; mounted higher than normal (the base of the window trim) and "electronic" or push button. At both clinics, the car was referred to as the Continental. I'll be curious to see how the car's development has progressed with the release now approaching! Along with the current MKZ, MKC and new MKX this spring, this car would represent the fourth of the "4 new models" promised a couple years ago when Lincoln was rebranded The Lincoln Motor Company.
greg9233 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page