LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 01-12-2016, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Check Out the New Lincoln Continental!

Here it is!

And the most exciting part is the door handle, take that as you will.

The new Continental will have a turbocharged V6 making 406 horsepower.

The Most Impressive Part Of The Lincoln Continental Is The Door Handles

post #2 of 14 Old 01-12-2016, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Saw the pictures of the interior -- looks amazing. It's the kind of car where you almost prefer sitting in the back.

And yes, apparently the massage option will also be available on those rear seats.

2016 MKC Black Label
Indulgence Theme
Notorious color
2.3L Ecoboost AWD
THX II
Sync 3 v3.0
Technology package
Climate package
Class II Trailer Towing
19-inch wheels
11/2015 Build
post #3 of 14 Old 01-12-2016, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Door handles are cool but I hope one day they do away with handles all together.
Where are the pictures of the lighted Lincoln symbol?

Can't believe they didn't have the blue one at the show. Looks so much better IMO. It's like expresso's blue MKC!
espressomac likes this.

Last edited by mmoretti; 01-12-2016 at 10:18 PM.

post #4 of 14 Old 01-14-2016, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liking that rear interior.......HOME JAMES, please....just in case I take a nap while these seats massage me, DO wake me up when we arrive,Oh and call home and tell the kitchen I want venison for dinner!!!!!.
Ok, let me be official....HATE those door handles, a LOT! I bet they cause quite a bit of wind turbulence ....and the 400+ hp sounds good,overall not too impressed, too watered down from the initial direction they displayed with the mockup model!

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
post #5 of 14 Old 01-14-2016, 12:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
Liking that rear interior.......HOME JAMES, please....just in case I take a nap while these seats massage me, DO wake me up when we arrive,Oh and call home and tell the kitchen I want venison for dinner!!!!!.
Ok, let me be official....HATE those door handles, a LOT! I bet they cause quite a bit of wind turbulence ....and the 400+ hp sounds good,overall not too impressed, too watered down from the initial direction they displayed with the mockup model!
This seats do look quite comfy...was looking at some concept car (European) that literally had a reclining chair with foot rest like your house.

Candy how do you not like those cool door handles? I'm surprised. I would prefer no handles that stick out but these are better than regular handles.

Anyone know if it has a heads up display in it?
Also, I don't notice any pictures with the Lincoln symbol lit up. When I saw the concept in NY it looked like the symbol was lighted, and the pictures on the website gave the appearance it was lighted too. Maybe it was the the way the lights at the car show were hitting it. I thought the Lincoln symbol on it was lit up like the Mercedes GLA lights the Mercedes symbol.

love the headlights too. I also like the way they integrated the sync screen and the gear buttons to the sides.
post #6 of 14 Old 01-14-2016, 07:34 AM

There's good size, then there's overkill...to me they are just too large, extending to the front and rear and further stretching them out,and they are Chrome!!!! ummmm not for me, I also do not like the placement, to high up on the belt line.....they just look odd rather than inviting.
Ideally, no handles, or sculpted into the panel,and def NOT in chrome.
I remember we just had a discussion on the lighted emblem a couple of weeks ago, mmoretti, you LOVED it,and I suggested getting some after market for yours but you were saying you hate after market add ons LOL, remember? that would have been a classy cool touch,especially if it was tied into My colours" and you can choose your own colour!
Heads up display would be a bonus too, I'm not holding my breath tho....you know, with windows open, I can just imagine the turbulence caused with those door handles, don't be surprised if you get all kinds of whistling sounds too,I mean, they are just HUGE!
This design is sort of caught between wanting to be a full size limo and a large sedan, and achieving neither!
The blue concept looked incredible very forward thinking,beautiful lines, and the lights in the front end were just incredible....this in contrast is very,mainstream....not that evoking at all....the concept would/could have brought the Bentley down on it's knees ( pompous brand )....
Till I see this in person I will reserve final judgement.....by my first impressions are not that positive.
Why even embark on a concept car, then have the finished product that distant from the original direction shown ??? read MANY positive comments on the concept,this just almost feels like a let down....and this colour??? are you guys blind (at Lincoln) that blue was just incredible....to switch it out for this,whatever sexy name they are going to throw at it, still looks plain Jane white (not that anything is plain about Jane lol) or a shade of light silver....in this case, they totally lost direction!

Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
post #7 of 14 Old 01-14-2016, 09:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
There's good size, then there's overkill...to me they are just too large, extending to the front and rear and further stretching them out,and they are Chrome!!!! ummmm not for me, I also do not like the placement, to high up on the belt line.....they just look odd rather than inviting.
Ideally, no handles, or sculpted into the panel,and def NOT in chrome.
I remember we just had a discussion on the lighted emblem a couple of weeks ago, mmoretti, you LOVED it,and I suggested getting some after market for yours but you were saying you hate after market add ons LOL, remember? that would have been a classy cool touch,especially if it was tied into My colours" and you can choose your own colour!
Heads up display would be a bonus too, I'm not holding my breath tho....you know, with windows open, I can just imagine the turbulence caused with those door handles, don't be surprised if you get all kinds of whistling sounds too,I mean, they are just HUGE!
This design is sort of caught between wanting to be a full size limo and a large sedan, and achieving neither!
The blue concept looked incredible very forward thinking,beautiful lines, and the lights in the front end were just incredible....this in contrast is very,mainstream....not that evoking at all....the concept would/could have brought the Bentley down on it's knees ( pompous brand )....
Till I see this in person I will reserve final judgement.....by my first impressions are not that positive.
Why even embark on a concept car, then have the finished product that distant from the original direction shown ??? read MANY positive comments on the concept,this just almost feels like a let down....and this colour??? are you guys blind (at Lincoln) that blue was just incredible....to switch it out for this,whatever sexy name they are going to throw at it, still looks plain Jane white (not that anything is plain about Jane lol) or a shade of light silver....in this case, they totally lost direction!
When I got home from dropping my son off from school this morning I happen to put on the TV which is something I don't normally do and it was on the channel on the news that was doing a piece on the Detroit auto show and they were specifically talking about the Lincoln Continental How disappointing it was to see that white one up there when they panned around the show to show all the other brands with eye-catching Reds,blues,yellows, dark grays....what were they thinking? Just blends in with all the other white cars like you say. That color just doesn't highlight the design, body lines, accents....just doesn't do the design and lighting any justice at all- no offense to white car owners. And to have that at a major reveal/auto show? So disappointing. Fire the guy who picked white LOL, I probably would have walked right by it and not noticed the cool detail of the headlights and new grille. Contrary to most on here I like the new Lincoln linked grille with the little Lincoln symbols (or so they appear).

Agree the position of those handles will be awkward at first because we are so used to the others. I'd like to try that out in person too. When I first got my MKC it took me a bit to get used to the push button gears. I kept reaching for a shifter LOL. But now I don't ever want a shifter again. What they really need to do is just allow us to use our smartphones as a key, door open, with no handles. Push a button on your phone and the door pops open. It will move that way, I think I read the European manufacturers (maybe it was MB specifically) are working on that. We just have too many gadgets to carry.

This morning on that show in the news they also showed and talked about that new Buick sedan (avista)Never liked anything Buick but that thing looks pretty sweet actually. And of course they had an awesome color to show it off...
post #8 of 14 Old 01-14-2016, 09:54 AM

No way, no how, no way in a million years will I ever contemplate a Buick (GM product)...maybe when I turn 90, and that's a long way away hehehehehe
Those door handles in the Lincoln Continental are noting but handles really....the actual door latch is electronically activated, in both opening and closing (soft close)....so why they went that route with such a massive handle is beyond me....sleek, they ARE NOT!
My "C" is a pearl white and love it...a white paint on that conti is just wrong....body lines, curves and bulges just get eaten up....The original blue was just stunning! and that also would have worked to showcase the chrome on the door handles as well,they possibly would have looked good with a nice rich contrast colour such as that electric blue on the concept car!
All it takes is but one wrong step to kill a good launch of ANY car!

Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
post #9 of 14 Old 01-14-2016, 10:00 AM

I also am getting sick and tired of the flip down head rests...c'mon guys this is 2015..... retracting them into the seat back and a sweet small release button on the side would add to the feel of luxury
.....same thing with my 2011 Mustang GTCS and my 2016 "C"...they just block rear view, so you have to have them flipped forward....how stupid is that?
My pet peeve is when I have friends riding with me in the back and I mention to them to flip them down before they leave.....but they always leave them UP! GRRRRRR lol

Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
post #10 of 14 Old 01-14-2016, 10:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
No way, no how, no way in a million years will I ever contemplate a Buick (GM product)...maybe when I turn 90, and that's a long way away hehehehehe
Those door handles in the Lincoln Continental are noting but handles really....the actual door latch is electronically activated, in both opening and closing (soft close)....so why they went that route with such a massive handle is beyond me....sleek, they ARE NOT!
My "C" is a pearl white and love it...a white paint on that conti is just wrong....body lines, curves and bulges just get eaten up....The original blue was just stunning! and that also would have worked to showcase the chrome on the door handles as well,they possibly would have looked good with a nice rich contrast colour such as that electric blue on the concept car!
All it takes is but one wrong step to kill a good launch of ANY car!
Yeah when you look at the handles from back to front of car they look huge and stick out too much. Why so big when they were trying to accomplish "sleek"? I do love the way they open. They need to make them way more low profile but maybe they fear "bigger" hands will have a problem with the way it activates? They could easily tie this (door opening) to the app too.

Candy don't mean to always be knocking white (after the last two days of light snow/rain my black car is looking white right now and filled with rocks and sludge ). That pearl white is actually really nice. My husband wants to get that on an explorer (he better not when they have bronze fire and a green color)

Can you take a close up picture like I attached. Look at the flake in my paint up close, how cool does that look? I want to blow it up and make it into a picture. Need to get some clearer close ups with my better camera when I can wash my car again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	3770  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page