THX sound system - Page 4 - Lincoln MKC Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 43 Old 10-08-2016, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
I drove an MKX with the Revel Ultima system as a loaner for 3 days. That system pounds pretty good. It's a definite step up from the THXII. Bass response was much better in it. I'm still very pleased with THX II. It blows away any Alpine or Beats system from Chrysler.

2015 MKC Reserve FWD: Ruby Red, THX, Technology Package
post #32 of 43 Old 10-10-2016, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
My 2016 MKC regretfully did not have a THX system, just the factory stock sound system....when I enquired about the lack of MKC's on their lot without THX sound, the answer I got was that a lot of customers balked at the cost,so unless you ordered your MKC to suit you, you're out of luck.....I had a MKX as a loner with the THX and I found it light years ahead of the stock sound system.....I would have gotten it if I ordered the MKC from factory, but I bought from what they had on the lot...the one I chose was fully loaded other than the tow package and the THX.
I always upgraded my sound in whatever car I bought...just never liked what I heard in 99.9 of them, additional amps ( usually Fosgates ) and speakers along with head were always the norm for me... in the case of my Mustang I upgraded all speakers, added a 12" woofer on it's own dedicated amp and high end speakers all around,I retained the original head because it has certain electronics that I did not want to loose,but overall a vast improvement over the stocker!

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
post #33 of 43 Old 05-29-2018, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
My 2016 MKC regretfully did not have a THX system, just the factory stock sound system....when I enquired about the lack of MKC's on their lot without THX sound, the answer I got was that a lot of customers balked at the cost,so unless you ordered your MKC to suit you, you're out of luck.....I had a MKX as a loner with the THX and I found it light years ahead of the stock sound system.....I would have gotten it if I ordered the MKC from factory, but I bought from what they had on the lot...the one I chose was fully loaded other than the tow package and the THX.
I always upgraded my sound in whatever car I bought...just never liked what I heard in 99.9 of them, additional amps ( usually Fosgates ) and speakers along with head were always the norm for me... in the case of my Mustang I upgraded all speakers, added a 12" woofer on it's own dedicated amp and high end speakers all around,I retained the original head because it has certain electronics that I did not want to loose,but overall a vast improvement over the stocker!
I would guess then that you would not be a fan the 8-track player in my 1970 Lincoln Coupe!
SubVette likes this.

2015 Lincoln MKC Sapphire Blue 2.0L
2006 Lincoln LT Pickup
1977 Lincoln Town Coupe
1969 Ford Galaxie XL GT
1970 Ford XL Sportsroof
1937 Lincoln Zephyr Sedan

post #34 of 43 Old 06-14-2018, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the THX II System in my 2018 MKC and think it is well worth the additional $995. I say that as someone who also thought it was well worth spending $7,000 on an "entry level audiophile" home stereo system.*

THE UPSIDES: As others have said, what you get for your extra money is "accuracy." For example, while you will hear the notes of a string bass or a guitar on the standard "Premium" system, with the THX system you will also hear the "thwack" of the bassists finger when he strikes a string and the "squeak" when a guitarist slides his fingers along the strings when changing from one chord to another. If you are into vocal music, you will hear the singer sing the notes and taking a breath. And I can't count how many times I've listened to a familiar song and heard an instrument in the background for the first time that I never knew was there. The HD radio sounds terrific when the signal is strong. And the DSP Surround Sound mode works particularly well with singer-songwriter performances, jazz, and the like.

THE DOWNSIDES: More accuracy exposes flaws in the source material. For that reason, low quality MP3 and some SiriusXM channels with low bit rate and high compression probably sound better on the standard "Premium" system. And, as others have pointed out, there is no subwoofer -- if you like rap or hip hop and you want a lot of bass "sound pressure" to rattle your windows and make the body panels buzz, the THX system definitely won't do it for you.
SubVette likes this.

2018 MKC AWD RESERVE
BLACK VELVET EXTERIOR / EBONY INTERIOR
THX II AUDIO
19" 5 SPK PNTD ALUM WHEELS
CLIMATE PACKAGE
post #35 of 43 Old 06-27-2018, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We've had two MKC's, one with THX, one base system.

GET THE THX. Way better sound.
post #36 of 43 Old 11-06-2018, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
THX is the only feature that is not on my Reserve....The dealer had plenty of MKC's on the lot....none had THX :-(....I mostly play CD's on the standard system and can coax a decent sound outta it...but I had the option to order a factory built with THX and wait the couple of months, I did not want the wait!

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
post #37 of 43 Old 11-07-2018, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
A loaner we had was equipped with the THX system and since it is the only option my wife's MKC didn't come with I was interested in hearing it. Nice system but not worth the money IMO. It has a digital specialization option and a drivers side stage setting, etc but overall I was not fully blown away like I thought I might be. My wife barely noticed a difference and since it's her car that's all that matters.

2018 Midnight Black Metallic AWD Infiniti Q50S Red Sport | Burger MS JB4 | 395awhp/430awtq
2018 Ruby Red Metallic AWD Lincoln MK-C Reserve | 2.3l on 20's - Wife's
post #38 of 43 Old 11-08-2018, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SubVette Send a message via MSN to SubVette Send a message via Yahoo to SubVette
I searched for an MKC with this option and found the one I ended up with, However, I always buy the upgraded radios... I own a recording studio and will use this system to check out playbacks in vehicles. It's that good. This is not a bassy loud entertainment system. It is very flat out of the box which will turn off a lot of people who expect an ear-jarring experience. This radio does not tick those boxes.

It isn't an in your face 1000Watt sub, bending door panels. It's CLEAN, ACCURATE, and Flat.

I do increase the treble and Bass because a lot of my listening is 70s music with no dynamic range or heavy bottom. But it sounds great nevertheless.

When I played some modern hip-hop, the bass was handled well by the sub,. Not boomy or floppy but tight

If one likes orchestration like Movie soundtracks, this system is great. For heavy booming stop light pounding bass, not so much.

Sounds great with any modern recording in any format. Well worth the option IMO.
KenZ, MKC4ME and symetry like this.

2019 Lincoln MKC Reserve
MKC Climate Package
MKC Technology Package

Enhanced THX II Certified Audio System
19-inch Machined Aluminum Wheels with Premium Painted Pockets

Last edited by SubVette; 11-08-2018 at 10:54 PM.
post #39 of 43 Old 11-10-2018, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SubVette Send a message via MSN to SubVette Send a message via Yahoo to SubVette
Available as an option in 2019 Lincoln MKC and MKT vehicles equipped with the Reserve package and above, the world-class THX II Certified Audio System features a range of innovations in sound technology from the acoustic minds at THX. The system puts out 700 watts of power and features 14 strategically placed speakers (including three slot speakers and a subwoofer) to envelop passengers in a truly immersive sound experience.

It does what it says

2019 Lincoln MKC Reserve
MKC Climate Package
MKC Technology Package

Enhanced THX II Certified Audio System
19-inch Machined Aluminum Wheels with Premium Painted Pockets
post #40 of 43 Old 12-29-2018, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
THX sound problem

In the past week, when I start my (2015) MKC, the sound only comes out of the rear speakers. This happens _most_ of the time, but not always. If you push the steering wheel button to say commands, the usual "Please say a command" is very muffled and barely audible. After about 5-10 minutes, suddenly the front speakers kick in and the sound is normal again. Turn the car off and then restart, and it happens again. Has this happened to anyone else? I want to collect information before I contact the dealer, since with my luck, it won't happen if I leave the car there and I'll waste my time. (I even recorded it happening with my cell phone on video, although I don't know if I captured the audio well.)

I'm thinking it's a problem with the amplifier, but I wanted more input from our community before I go in to ask for repairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page