Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Battery

11K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  TourGuide 
#1 ·
I have the original battery in 2016 MKC Reserve, BXT-47H6. It is in a tight space, hard to check fluid levels. I checked resting voltage after sitting all night and read 12.04 volts, i know this is not the optimal way of checking. Has anyone replaced with a higher cca AGM? Replacement specs group 47 and 48, any experience with these two sizes? Any tips on checking fluid?

#12 ·
When the dealer replaced mine he mentioned it was a bit of work to get it out.. Newer vehicles have batteries all over the place - On the Grand Cherokee its under the passenger seat.

#14 ·
I just replaced my battery after it died last week. 4 1/2 years old is typical for a car that sits at the airport for weeks at a time in winter. However, it was the worst battery to remove I have ever dealt with. Changing a battery should be a 5 minute job. I had to wrestle this thing out of its nest. Terrible engineering. While I was in there I had a look at the air filter. Another engineering fail. The most convoluted airbox design possible, with the filter bottom as part of the airbox shell. The intake splits into two going into the airbox. Just silly nonsense.

#16 ·
I had to replace the battery in my 2016 for 51,xxx miles on it yesterday. Took a bit longer than expected. This will help you if you need to do this yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg8SXVUETE0
Look like the video is gone. Do you have another link? By just looking at it, the Airbox comes out and should pull out from there. I saw one on an Escape, and they removed the entire wiper cowl and drain pan was taken out, seemed overkill but what do I know? hehe

#17 ·
Almost every weekend I put the MKC on my Ctec charger/maintainer. Left the vehicle at the airport, parked outside in record cold temps for two weeks. It started right up, no problems so keeping it charged when at home allowed it to maintain off the charger. The Ctec was a good investment, I use it all the time, on my F150 during the week. In cold country a good charged battery is a necessity. When I had the oil changed the battery was checked and passed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.