Are your MKC Headlights not bright enough??? - Lincoln MKC Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-21-2019, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Are your MKC Headlights not bright enough???

My wife has a 2015 MKC and she has trouble seeing at night to begin with. She now drives some country roads in the a.m. to get to work and she is a bit nervous with fall being around the corner and deer being more active in the a.m. I did a lot of research and found that that one of the brightest performing bulbs were the Osram Xenarc Night Breaker Laser D3S. I replaced the stock Osram HIDs with the Osram Xenarc Night Breaker Laser D3S. HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!! The Stock Osram lumen output for the high beams are 980 LUX. The Night Breaker Laser low beams are 1380 LUX. My wife is so happy (Happy wife, happy life. Just want to put that out there in case anyone else thought that their headlights seemed a bit weak or are just in need of a performance upgrade.

***WARNING*** Replacing these bulbs IS NOT a simple process. There are no videos or literature on the web to access, that I could find, to complete the process. Please Beware if you attempt to take on this task on your own! If you do not have a lot of mechanical/auto-body experience, then I would recommend that you take it to your local Lincoln dealer to have them replace these bulbs.

2015 MKC Reserve
Silver Sand/Hazelnut
RSVR EQP GRP 102A
2.3 Ecoboost AWD
THX Sound System
19" 5 Spoke Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
post #2 of 4 Old 09-21-2019, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Care to tell us what you needed to do? what needed to be removed to access it, etc...

2017 Burgundy MKC AWD Reserve 2.3L 20" rims, Tech Package, Climate Package,
post #3 of 4 Old 09-21-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The correct way to do it, and the way the Lincoln Dealer will do it, is to remove the front end/bumper in order to remove the headlight unit. It takes them about 2 hours to do the job.

There is a way to access the bulbs by going through the wheel wells. The easiest way to do that is to remove the wheels, and the front part of the wheel well trim and pulling down the wheel well. this is kinda cheating, however, it does not allow for very much room to maneuver with the bulbs. The spring that holds the bulbs in are kind of difficult to undo and lock into place with such cramped quarters. Being that the bulbs I purchased are $178, I would not recommend this approach. The stock replacements from Ford are $300. (Yikes). FYI.......It cost me $143 for Lincoln to replace the bulbs. LOL.

2015 MKC Reserve
Silver Sand/Hazelnut
RSVR EQP GRP 102A
2.3 Ecoboost AWD
THX Sound System
19" 5 Spoke Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package

post #4 of 4 Old 10-15-2019, 10:20 PM

Thanks for this info. I live in the country lots of woods deer etc and have found mine are ok definitely the least brightest lights I have had on a car in a while, but not replacing unless one goes out or some front end repair is needed which I would replace both with these based on your review ....prob more so since apparently the front bumper has to be removed ... wow...thanks again

Kyle

2015 MKC/ 2.3 AWD Platinum White Tri Coat Met. W/White Sands Int., Reserve, 20" Wheels, THX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page