post #1 of 5 Old 10-02-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Airbag lights stays on...and more...Forscan

Hi guys and gals,

I have a 2015 MKC that was crashed. I think I fixed everything(new bags, setbelts and sensors) then I had my airbag module reset. Anyhow my airbag light is still on. I ordered a Foscan cable and I am downloading forscan now. I know there are some of you that have some experience with forscan on the MKC; any advice or help? I also need to reset my transmission adaptation. Then I will try to get into some programming. I would like a digital temp gauge and digital speedo. And why not a black label home screen.

Thanks
Sanman
post #2 of 5 Old 10-03-2019, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
One more question

I had to replace the drivers seatbelt lock and pretensioner due to deployment. Would a fault in the seatbelt system show up as a seatbelt light or a airbag light?

Sanman68
post #3 of 5 Old 10-04-2019, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Forscan Diagnostics

OK,

My ELM327 cable came from amazon today! Using Forscan I was able to diagnose my airbag light in very little time. If you need diagnostic software or a code reader or want to program something in your MKC use FORSCAN. It is a free program.

Back to my problem. The seatbelt pretensioner circuit C resistance is below the threshold. That is the only code keeping my airbag light on. Probably if I unplug and replug in the cable The resistance will be in line. Not sure yet, but this will be a lot easier to fix than some of the other stuff. Really good news.

Thanks for listening
Sanman68

post #4 of 5 Old 10-05-2019, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Transmission adaptation

I have been working on my 2015 Lincoln MKC for a while now. I bought it from a salvage auction. Obviously it had been in an accident. The side curtain airbags had been deployed and the driver seatbelt pretensioners were blown. Also the car was hit on the passenger front tire and drove the driveshaft into the transmission cracking the case.

I repaired the front suspension, repaired and replaced all the damaged sheet metal, installed new air bags and seat belt pretensioner. I had the transmission replaced and had the airbag module reset.

After I was done with all of that the car looks great and it had 2 problems. The airbag light was still on and the transmission shift hard between 2-3 and 4-5 I think. I needed some diagnostic help. I have done all of the work myself and I wanted to keep going. I got forscan for my laptop and a cable. I was able to run a diagnostic on my whole car, locate the reason for the airbag light and reset my transmission adaptation.

The airbag light was on due to the seatbelt pretensioner plug not being fully seated. I have not tested the transmission since the adaptation reset. There were some other codes the I cleared. They were left over from the crash and repair.

Sanman68
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (2).png
Views:	18
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	5569  
Bob Evans and Buckeye like this.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-05-2019, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)