2015 MKC amplifier issue volume reduces and static - Lincoln MKC Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-17-2019, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2015 MKC amplifier issue volume reduces and static

My Lincoln MKC Reserve has an issue with static, volume increases and decreases all the time and sounds very tinny. The display and all the functions of the radio work just fine, but the volume, pops, static and tinny sound lead me to believe the amplifier is gone.

Where is the amplifier located: in the console is my guess, but it may be in the rear quarter. Any videos that show removal and placement?

It is a 14 speaker system with THX3 and no subwoofer. Part number EJ7Z 18B849E (that could be an AB as well) Does anyone know where I can find a used one or get it rebuilt? I did call United on the east coast and they want $300 to rebuild. I am looking for any options. Thanks
post #2 of 3 Old 10-18-2019, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtolimited View Post
My Lincoln MKC Reserve has an issue with static, volume increases and decreases all the time and sounds very tinny. The display and all the functions of the radio work just fine, but the volume, pops, static and tinny sound lead me to believe the amplifier is gone.

Where is the amplifier located: in the console is my guess, but it may be in the rear quarter. Any videos that show removal and placement?

It is a 14 speaker system with THX3 and no subwoofer. Part number EJ7Z 18B849E (that could be an AB as well) Does anyone know where I can find a used one or get it rebuilt? I did call United on the east coast and they want $300 to rebuild. I am looking for any options. Thanks
The amp going bad on the 2015 MKC is a known problem. I have seen several different posts about it. When mine went bad, it was about 6 months out-of-warranty and I was quoted $1041 ($666 parts/$375 labor) to replace it at Lincoln. I asked the service manager if he could talk to Lincoln and do anything for me to get the price down on a known defect. He called me back a day later and told me they could replace it at no charge. Might be worth asking?
post #3 of 3 Old 10-23-2019, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just replaced mine on last week. No matter what you will have to take it in to ford to have them program it (reset the error codes when you switch the amp) I bought mine from eBay a ford dealership was selling one. paid $362.35 + $130 at ford for them to reset it. I first tried buying one from Tascaparts.com and after a couple of emails back and forth they wanted another $300 deposit till I sent them back the original amp to send back to ford. That's why I went with the eBay order and still have the old amp in case that was not the problem. I could not find any other way to replace the ford amp any cheaper.

The amp is in the back by the spare tire. Just take the back cover off and put down the back passengers diver side seat and its right there. 3 cables remove by hand easy. Nothing holding it down.

Link to the amp
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...bC1sNC1nYXM%3D
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-For...AAAOSwEARa~vLa

Last edited by Cram; 10-23-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page