Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Rear lights not working

10K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  fadinaz17 
#1 ·
We just got a 2015 MKC 2.3L with about 30,000 miles on it. We also noticed that the whole section of tail lights and brake lights are not working, but the reverse lights do come on. I would love to check a fuse first, but there is none listed in the owners manual. I have not had any luck with searches. Has anybody else had any experiences with this before we send it to the dealer?

#2 ·
Probably related to some module somewhere. Nothing in today’s car are simple.

#3 ·
Dealer looked today, couldn't find a problem so was going to order 1 light and play process of elimination. As they were putting it back together, they started working. Said the vehicle thinks the lift gate is not closed but it is not alerting inside to say the liftgate is not closed. Half hour down the road, they are out again. Sounds like this will be a fun game of which sensor or latch is faulty.

#4 ·
I know this is an older post, The rear tail / turn lights on the lift gate are enabled/disabled by the Rear Gate Trunk Module. The lift gate latch has 5 switches built into it, one of these switches sends a signal the the RGTM that the lift gate is open, when the lift gate is open, the lights turn off. Not sure why Ford/Lincoln thought they had to turn off the lights when the lift gate opens, anyways, on my 2015 MKC, the lower marker/reverse lights come on RED when the lift gate goes up for safety.
If the latch, RGTM, or wiring is bad, it could turn off the lift gate lights.

#5 ·
I know this is an older post, The rear tail / turn lights on the lift gate are enabled/disabled by the Rear Gate Trunk Module. The lift gate latch has 5 switches built into it, one of these switches sends a signal the the RGTM that the lift gate is open, when the lift gate is open, the lights turn off. Not sure why Ford/Lincoln thought they had to turn off the lights when the lift gate opens, anyways, on my 2015 MKC, the lower marker/reverse lights come on RED when the lift gate goes up for safety. If the latch, RGTM, or wiring is bad, it could turn off the lift gate lights.
I’m having this same problem with my 2015 MKC I have had it in the dealership 3 times trying to get this problem fixed. But no one can find the problem at all. I’m going to check the rear hatch and go from there

#7 ·
I im having the same issue with my 2015 Lincoln Mkc. The bottom right corner fog light is out. And my strip led light and both taillights. But my reverse lights work. The dealership said there is power going to it. Just hoping this can be an easy cheap fix. It’s dangerous driving like this. But I have no choice at them moment. Please ANY advice you can give or suggestions I’m willing to take
Did you ever figure this out. I'm having the identical problem.. plus passenger heated seat lights stay on and the seat isnt. Baffled...