Welcome to mkcforum.com - please post an introduction - Lincoln MKC Forum
 16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 12-18-2013, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
mkcadmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Welcome to mkcforum.com - please post an introduction

Welcome to mkcforum.com - The very first Lincoln MKC forum! As a new member we ask that you post an intro about yourself.

mkcadmin is offline  
post #2 of 44 Old 03-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bring on the MKC

Hello fellow MKC forum members. I've been watching the the development of the MKC since the gorgeous concept car was shown on the auto show circuit. Although I am not yet committed to purchasing an MKC, it is definitely near the top of the list. Our current daily drivers are a 2012 Q5 and 2013 X1. We love the Q5, and unless we start having mechanical issues we intend to keep it for a while. The X1 on the other hand has been a HUGE disappointment. I'm looking for something to replace the BMW by the end of the year. I have my preferred brands, but I tend to ignore badges and buy what suits my needs. I haven't purchased a domestic brand in nearly 14 years. The [not so] short list in no particular order: MKC, Grand Cherokee, 2015 Edge, 2015 Outback, Q5 TDI, XC60 and 2015 Murano. I'm also keeping an eye on the Lexus NX, but I find the new Lexus grille design to range from homely to downright offensive, so I'm not terribly optimistic that the NX will make the cut. The Cherokee was on the list, but there seem to be a lot of issues with that model in its first year, and most V6 owners seem to struggle to break the 20-mpg barrier.

Last edited by HotRod; 03-11-2014 at 02:52 PM.
HotRod is offline  
post #3 of 44 Old 03-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Bring on the MKC, indeed!

Hello fellow MKC forum members! Let me echo HotRod's introduction above with my own. I, too, have been watching the MKC development since the concept car debuted. My current daily driver is a 2004 Acura TL, with no less than 158,000 miles on it. This is the car I have kept the longest and put the most miles on in my lifetime -- and it has been virtually bulletproof until the past two months. Probably kept it too long, but I am hoping it can limp into the summer in time for the MKC to come out. HotRod - on my very short list is the Q5 - glad to hear you have been happy with it. I think it will come down to either the Q5 or MKC. I am also waiting to see the upcoming TLX, but the concept car, though not bad, was a disappointment to me. The RDX is also on the list, but I find it rather unexciting. I look forward to comparing the Q5 and MKC - we'll see who wins that battle!
rocmkc is offline  
 
post #4 of 44 Old 03-12-2014, 12:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocmkc View Post
Hello fellow MKC forum members! Let me echo HotRod's introduction above with my own. I, too, have been watching the MKC development since the concept car debuted. My current daily driver is a 2004 Acura TL, with no less than 158,000 miles on it. This is the car I have kept the longest and put the most miles on in my lifetime -- and it has been virtually bulletproof until the past two months. Probably kept it too long, but I am hoping it can limp into the summer in time for the MKC to come out. HotRod - on my very short list is the Q5 - glad to hear you have been happy with it. I think it will come down to either the Q5 or MKC. I am also waiting to see the upcoming TLX, but the concept car, though not bad, was a disappointment to me. The RDX is also on the list, but I find it rather unexciting. I look forward to comparing the Q5 and MKC - we'll see who wins that battle!
Welcome rocmkc. Sounds like we have similar tastes. My first car was a Honda, and my son is still driving my 2002 RSX. I'm just so disappointed in the direction Honda has taken the Acura brand. I gave the RDX serious consideration before buying the X1, but it just fell short in too many areas. I've remained a member of the Acurazine community, and after hearing the many owner complaints, I'm sure I made the right decision. If Acura addresses some of the issues with the midcycle refresh, I might revisit the RDX as an option. Sadly, I'm not optimistic. A V6 TLX wagon with SH-AWD would get my attention also, but again it seems highly unlikely.
HotRod is offline  
post #5 of 44 Old 03-12-2014, 05:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
Welcome rocmkc. Sounds like we have similar tastes. My first car was a Honda, and my son is still driving my 2002 RSX. I'm just so disappointed in the direction Honda has taken the Acura brand. I gave the RDX serious consideration before buying the X1, but it just fell short in too many areas. I've remained a member of the Acurazine community, and after hearing the many owner complaints, I'm sure I made the right decision. If Acura addresses some of the issues with the midcycle refresh, I might revisit the RDX as an option. Sadly, I'm not optimistic. A V6 TLX wagon with SH-AWD would get my attention also, but again it seems highly unlikely.
Welcome...

When looking at the Q5 in comparison with those mentioned, including the MKC, I found the loaded model 3.0 TSi price $60k=/-, and the MKC AWD Reserve $48k+. Also, for the Q5, no Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and the Nav system/interface seems to me somewhat antiquated. Am I not correct on this? Plus I think a new Q5 must be in the works, maybe a year away? Also, is the Cadillac SRX on your list at all? Thanks for any comments, as I'm down to the MKC vs SRX.
TxTom is online now  
post #6 of 44 Old 03-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
Welcome...

When looking at the Q5 in comparison with those mentioned, including the MKC, I found the loaded model 3.0 TSi price $60k=/-, and the MKC AWD Reserve $48k+. Also, for the Q5, no Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and the Nav system/interface seems to me somewhat antiquated. Am I not correct on this? Plus I think a new Q5 must be in the works, maybe a year away? Also, is the Cadillac SRX on your list at all? Thanks for any comments, as I'm down to the MKC vs SRX.
The Q5 3.0T is in a different league from a performance standpoint. The 2.0T will be the comparable model. I would be looking at the TDI. An all new model manufactured at Audi's new Mexico plant is expected in the next year - probably as a 2016 model.

I'm happy to get into a detailed comparison, but maybe we should start a new thread? I feel like we're hijacking the introduction thread. And no, I'm not considering the SRX myself, although I'm sure many will.
HotRod is offline  
post #7 of 44 Old 03-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
TxTom, thanks for your info & thoughts. Like HotRod, I would probably go for the TDI model of the Q5, and also like HotRod, the Cadillac is not really on my list. I do know someone who owns one and is "satisfied", but I've talked to two Q5 owners who were very enthusiastic about their vehicle in a way that the Cadillac owner was not. That's not say to say the SRX is not a good car - it is for sure - but it just hasn't interested me like the Q5 and the MKC. The MKC just has a great design, and I love driving the Escape upon which it is based.

HotRod - you are correct we seem to have similar tastes. And opinions as well - I agree with you completely about the direction (or should we say mis-direction) that Acura has taken in the past few years. It's a matter of personal taste, of course, but I really think my generation TL ('04-'08) was the last good looking vehicle to come out of Acura's stylists. The RDX looks bland compared to virtually all of its competition, especially the MKC.

And yes, I guess you're right - we probably should start a new thread!!!
rocmkc is offline  
post #8 of 44 Old 07-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Kissimmee, Fl
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone. I have been waiting for the Mkc since last Christmas. I thought I had one a few weeks ago but a dealer in ft myers fl didn't deliver on a promise to my dealer. Anyway, my dealer ordered one for me with the exact options I wanted. Reserve package, technology, climate and 19 inch wheels. Build date was yesterday so I am hoping on having it in 2 to 3 weeks. I currently have a ford c-max which is an amazing car but am looking to more luxury and comfort.
TxTom and MONICART like this.
jerroz is offline  
post #9 of 44 Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Kissimmee, Fl
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Waiting for delivery

Hi everyone,
I have been fortunate to have owned many cars in my lifetime, starting with a 1929 Model A Ford, and no, I didn't buy it new. I do believe it was one of the most reliable cars I have owned. The first new car I owned was a 1957 Ford and now I have a 2013 C-Max. All 3 have served me well so the MKC will be my 4th Ford product. My name is Jerry and my wife's name is Roslyn, ergo my userid of jerroz and when I say my, I mean OUR.
Our MKC has been on order for some time. It has a build date of 7/18 so the dealer expects arrival in Winter Haven, FL by 4 August. I am hoping that will happen. The MKC we ordered is a 2.0 version, white platinum with the Reserve package and options are Technology, Climate and 19 inch wheels.
We are both retired and like to go to the Florida Beaches. Most of our travel is in Florida but occasionally we take a trip up north. We are hoping the MKC will be a great car for traveling long distances. Some one told me that cooled seats really help on a long trip and these hot Florida days.
This is probably more than anyone wants to know about me but I did a post and the administrator told me to do an introduction so here it is.

Good luck to everyone on this forum. I hope you all are driving the MKC very soon.
jerroz is offline  
post #10 of 44 Old 08-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerroz View Post
Hi everyone,
I have been fortunate to have owned many cars in my lifetime, starting with a 1929 Model A Ford, and no, I didn't buy it new. I do believe it was one of the most reliable cars I have owned. The first new car I owned was a 1957 Ford and now I have a 2013 C-Max. All 3 have served me well so the MKC will be my 4th Ford product. My name is Jerry and my wife's name is Roslyn, ergo my userid of jerroz and when I say my, I mean OUR.
Our MKC has been on order for some time. It has a build date of 7/18 so the dealer expects arrival in Winter Haven, FL by 4 August. I am hoping that will happen. The MKC we ordered is a 2.0 version, white platinum with the Reserve package and options are Technology, Climate and 19 inch wheels.
We are both retired and like to go to the Florida Beaches. Most of our travel is in Florida but occasionally we take a trip up north. We are hoping the MKC will be a great car for traveling long distances. Some one told me that cooled seats really help on a long trip and these hot Florida days.
This is probably more than anyone wants to know about me but I did a post and the administrator told me to do an introduction so here it is.

Good luck to everyone on this forum. I hope you all are driving the MKC very soon.
Welcome...and let us know what color interior did you select, and is it FWD or AWD? Thanks...(mine was also built on 7/18, and is on a railcar headed to Texas...due by 8/13)
TxTom is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome