LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 07-25-2015, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hello

New MKC owner in Canada. This is our first Lincoln, purchased in May 2015. We are a young family of 4 and really like the vehicle so far

Going on our first long road trip in August!
post #2 of 18 Old 07-25-2015, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslanderWest View Post
New MKC owner in Canada. This is our first Lincoln, purchased in May 2015. We are a young family of 4 and really like the vehicle so far

Welcome to the forum.

Many of us are adding a signature that shows our MKC's "vitals" including the build date. If you want to join us in doing that click on your screen name, then on About Me, and add the signature: Year, Interior/Exterior Color, 2.0/2.3, AWD/FWD, Equipment Group, Options and build date.

The MKC will be a great road trip car. Smooth, quiet, comfortable, with decent gas mileage. On your road trip you're likely to turn heads while people try to figure out what you're driving as there are relatively few of them out there on the road.

Wishing you miles and miles of carefree driving!!

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
White Platinum Exterior /White Sands Interior
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

Build Date: 11/20/14
post #3 of 18 Old 07-26-2015, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Just returned from a 1,900 mile road trip last week. Trouble free thru rain and hot weather on mostly two lane hi ways thru NV and OR. ran 55 in OR and 75 in NV and averaged 26.6 for the trip. Very quit and great seats for long haul travel. The 2.3 Ego Boost (285 hp) sure comes in handy as does the slick all wheel drive system.
Much better road car then my c-5 vette.
You will really enjoy yours..

post #4 of 18 Old 07-26-2015, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Thumbs up Good Luck. Have Fun.

Quote:

Hi
Sounds like Fun. Great SUV. I have one too.
Pete
IslanderWest likes this.
post #5 of 18 Old 07-27-2015, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferman44 View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Many of us are adding a signature that shows our MKC's "vitals" including the build date. If you want to join us in doing that click on your screen name, then on About Me, and add the signature: Year, Interior/Exterior Color, 2.0/2.3, AWD/FWD, Equipment Group, Options and build date.

The MKC will be a great road trip car. Smooth, quiet, comfortable, with decent gas mileage. On your road trip you're likely to turn heads while people try to figure out what you're driving as there are relatively few of them out there on the road.

Wishing you miles and miles of carefree driving!!
Thanks...! Signature 'vitals' added.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
White Platinum Exterior /Ebony Interior/Select Package / Select Plus Package / Power Liftgate
Build Date: 03/25/15
post #6 of 18 Old 07-27-2015, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goepfrich View Post
Just returned from a 1,900 mile road trip last week. Trouble free thru rain and hot weather on mostly two lane hi ways thru NV and OR. ran 55 in OR and 75 in NV and averaged 26.6 for the trip. Very quit and great seats for long haul travel. The 2.3 Ego Boost (285 hp) sure comes in handy as does the slick all wheel drive system.
Much better road car then my c-5 vette.
You will really enjoy yours..
You are in Sedona?...beautiful place! We will be going through OR as well (WA & CA too). Looking forward to testing it out with some long distance driving. Did you find the 'comfort' mode useful at all during your trip?

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
White Platinum Exterior /Ebony Interior/Select Package / Select Plus Package / Power Liftgate
Build Date: 03/25/15
post #7 of 18 Old 07-27-2015, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Thanks...! Signature 'vitals' added.
Awesome. Thanks.

We have almost identical cars!! For 2016 the power liftgate is part of the Select package (as it probably should be). Not that Lincoln is giving it away -I think they raised the MSRP for the package by $500.

Hope you enjoy the forum and find it helpful.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

post #8 of 18 Old 07-27-2015, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I keep my mkc in sport mode all the time. Have 9,964 miles on the car and have tried all of the different settings and find the sport setting very comfortable and not to mushy for all but fun canyon driving. When I select S with the transmission button it feels a bit more firm then in D setting.
post #9 of 18 Old 07-29-2015, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I was very happy to see that you got 26.6 mpg on your trip with the gas guzzling 2.3. I thought that the movement towards turbo's from V-6's were done with the intent of providing better fuel efficiency, but not in the MKC. In mixed driving I am struggling to average 20mpg and if I had opted for the 2.0 I believe there is only a 2 mpg difference. I look forward to my first long trip.

- Sapphire Metallic (Dark Blue) w/White Sand Leather
- Reserve Equip. Group
- 2.3 Engine/AWD
- Technology Pkg. & Climate Pkg.
- 19" Wheels
- Built 11-14

post #10 of 18 Old 07-29-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk4500 View Post
I was very happy to see that you got 26.6 mpg on your trip with the gas guzzling 2.3. I thought that the movement towards turbo's from V-6's were done with the intent of providing better fuel efficiency, but not in the MKC. In mixed driving I am struggling to average 20mpg and if I had opted for the 2.0 I believe there is only a 2 mpg difference. I look forward to my first long trip.
How many miles do you have on her? I think I read in one of the forum threads that the gas mileage improves over time (make that miles).

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page