Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
"Whatever you are, be a good one."

Is the MKC a good crossover?
Welcome to the forum, Abraham!!

We love our MKC. The looks inside and out really appealed to my wife. When she took one on an extended test drive, there was no looking back. We've only had her for 6 months, but so far we have absolutely no regrets whatsoever. My wife says that every time she drives it, she is amazed at how smooth, quiet, and comfortable the ride is.

2015 is the first production year for the MKC so some owners have experienced first model year bugs. I would say that they are more typical of the very earliest build dates (summer/early fall of 2015), but not exclusively so. If you are seriously considering getting one (especially if it would be a 2015), I would suggest taking it out overnight (most dealerships will let you take an extended test drive if they think they'll make a sale) and read through the threads on this forum to identify some of the bugs that other owners have discovered.

Good luck and let us know if/when you buy.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
White Platinum Exterior /White Sands Interior
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

Build Date: 11/20/14
post #3 of 5 Old 08-20-2015, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Shopped a lot of premium brands and always came back to the MKC. You get a lot of content for the money and as you've seen in this forum, Lincoln will negotiate and offer rebates and 0% financing making the car a very good deal when compared to the BMW's, Lexus and Audi's of the world. My concern is reliability, and after just 2 months on the road I've had a number of what I call minor glitches...small problems related only to the abundance of technology in the car. Sometimes a feature like text messaging or voice activation or the Driver Alert System works, and some time they don't. Not a major issue at this early stage. I'm putting together a list for my first visit to the service dept. and that will be the true test of whether I end up being happy with the car or not.

It does concern me that in my geographical area all the Lincoln dealerships are combined with Ford. Lexus, Acura, Audi, Mercedes, etc don't do this with their lesser brands hence their mechanics and entire staff are well versed on just that line of premium cars. I am not looking forward to speaking with a technician who has to know all about the 4 Lincoln products as well as about 8-10 Ford products. Lincoln needs to set themselves apart from Ford as a premium product. Sorry for the long post and getting off the subject but as a long time marketing professional this really bugs me. However, don't discount the MKC because regarding the basics of the car - engine, braking, smooth ride, interior comfort, exterior good looks, etc have all been excellent. Good luck making your decision!
PeterSilecchio likes this.

- Sapphire Metallic (Dark Blue) w/White Sand Leather
- Reserve Equip. Group
- 2.3 Engine/AWD
- Technology Pkg. & Climate Pkg.
- 19" Wheels
- Built 11-14

post #4 of 5 Old 08-20-2015, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
So True

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk4500 View Post
Shopped a lot of premium brands and always came back to the MKC. You get a lot of content for the money and as you've seen in this forum, Lincoln will negotiate and offer rebates and 0% financing making the car a very good deal when compared to the BMW's, Lexus and Audi's of the world. My concern is reliability, and after just 2 months on the road I've had a number of what I call minor glitches...small problems related only to the abundance of technology in the car. Sometimes a feature like text messaging or voice activation or the Driver Alert System works, and some time they don't. Not a major issue at this early stage. I'm putting together a list for my first visit to the service dept. and that will be the true test of whether I end up being happy with the car or not.

It does concern me that in my geographical area all the Lincoln dealerships are combined with Ford. Lexus, Acura, Audi, Mercedes, etc don't do this with their lesser brands hence their mechanics and entire staff are well versed on just that line of premium cars. I am not looking forward to speaking with a technician who has to know all about the 4 Lincoln products as well as about 8-10 Ford products. Lincoln needs to set themselves apart from Ford as a premium product. Sorry for the long post and getting off the subject but as a long time marketing professional this really bugs me. However, don't discount the MKC because regarding the basics of the car - engine, braking, smooth ride, interior comfort, exterior good looks, etc have all been excellent. Good luck making your decision!
We Paid for a Premium Car. I want Premium Service. Not the Typical Runaround You get when you Deal with Lesser Priced Cars.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-21-2015, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I agree with you Peter, and that's my concern. I paid over $40k for the MKC and I expect premium treatment for both me and my car. When I bring the car into my Lincoln/Ford dealerships I will see that they are working on a bunch of Fiesta's, C-Max, Taurus, Mustangs, etc. Their web site shows that Ford sells 12 current models while I believe Lincoln sells 4, for a total of 16 different kinds of cars that need to be serviced at one dealership. That's quite a task for one dealership to handle well. I eagerly await my first service visit, but I don't expect it to be like walking into the service dept of the premium car dealerships. Of course if they fix the car right the first time, then I will be pleased, so I hope I'm wrong about my preconceptions! I am a snowbird and live in the DC area in the summer where most all dealerships are Lincoln/Ford combo's, but when I go to FL for the winter most of their dealerships are Lincoln stand alones, so it will be interesting to compare the experiences.

- Sapphire Metallic (Dark Blue) w/White Sand Leather
- Reserve Equip. Group
- 2.3 Engine/AWD
- Technology Pkg. & Climate Pkg.
- 19" Wheels
- Built 11-14

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page