Looking at a 2016 MKC - Lincoln MKC Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-27-2015, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Looking at a 2016 MKC

I've had my eye on the MKC since the introduction. I currently have a 2011 Ford Edge but want to get something a bit smaller (its actually my wife's car). The 2016 Edge and MKX are larger than the model I have so that was a deal breaker. I waited for the 2016 MKC for the Sync3. The original Sync system in the Edge was a bit buggy and the updates were a pain to install (by the customer). Sync3 will update via the home wireless network which is real plus going forward.

The dealer by me has a 2016 MKC Reserve (white with the off-white interior) with all the options except trailer towing coming in. Also Lincoln just offered me additional bonus cash in addition to all incentives.

Any comments on the MKC overall? Expected real mileage on the 2.3? Rear seat room? Are you all happy campers?
post #2 of 5 Old 08-27-2015, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Nice to see that Ford/Lincoln loyalty

I'm the same way, usually I stick with the same/similar brands and now more than ever with Ford with the drastic changes they have made.

Have you by any chance looked into vehicles from competing brands?

post #3 of 5 Old 08-27-2015, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMarco View Post
Nice to see that Ford/Lincoln loyalty

I'm the same way, usually I stick with the same/similar brands and now more than ever with Ford with the drastic changes they have made.

Have you by any chance looked into vehicles from competing brands?
I also own a Jeep Wrangler (It actually replaced a Cadillac CTS). Thought of a loaded Escape but I know a refresh is coming shortly and you can't get some of technology items that are available on the MKC. Thought of a Jeep Cherokee but the wife seems to like the MKC and foreign cars are a definate "NO" for her. Again we are looking for smaller vehicle than our current Edge since the kids are almost out the door. I thought Audi A5 but that is a bit long in the tooth. New Edge and MKX are too big for us. Nothing from GM right now. BMW X3 a maybe - Might have her take a look. The next generation Cadillac SRX might be interesting, but that is maybe next year. So it looks to me like MKC is in a good spot right now.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-27-2015, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Recently purchased a 2016. Looked at some of the vehicles you considered as well (jeep,bmw). Wife liked the MKC best.

Overall thoughts so far (only about a week or so in)
Rear seat is pretty tight.
Sync 3 works really well.
Sirius data is pretty slick - shows gas stations with prices/movies/traffic - yes, your phone has this as well, but it's nice to have it integrated.
Phone integration is great - will read texts, can voice respond, control Pandora.
Like the selectable ride options (sport/normal/comfort) and rides and drives really well.
Seats are very comfortable.
We have the 2.0L and it's surprisingly up to the challenge of moving a fairly heavy vehicle.
Many ways to control various settings. Center console buttons, touch screen, voice, steering wheel buttons, makes changes very convenient.

No real negatives or complaints so far. I've been impressed.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-27-2015, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I just leased a 2016 reserve 2.3 with all the options. Excellent vehicle and I am very happy with it with one caveat. Sync 3 is great but the navigation never worked upon delivery and it has been at the dealer for a week now (see my thread "new owner"). Hopefully it will be fixed by the end of next week.
At least the base 2.0 FWD I was given a as a loaner drives really well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page