4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 08-30-2015, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
A Couple of 2016 Questions

Looked at a loaded 2016 Reserve 300 with all options yesterday and I have a couple of questions

I see on the climate package it list heated wiper park - what does that mean? I see nothing in the windshield that indicates a heat element. So how does it work. Salesman did not know.

Looking at White Sands interior - People who have it do you feel its a pain to keep it clean?
post #2 of 28 Old 08-30-2015, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
We have the white sands interior. In a very short period of time, we noticed dye transfer from jeans. We had the seats cleaned and a sealant applied to the leather and since then they have looked as good as new.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
White Platinum Exterior /White Sands Interior
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

Build Date: 11/20/14
post #3 of 28 Old 08-30-2015, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferman44 View Post
We have the white sands interior. In a very short period of time, we noticed dye transfer from jeans. We had the seats cleaned and a sealant applied to the leather and since then they have looked as good as new.

What type of sealant? dealer installed? Were they able to remove the dye stain?

post #4 of 28 Old 08-30-2015, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think this is a new feature, must mean it has heated wipers, but it is strange verbiage. I am very pleased with the climate package on my 2015, and it is worth it in cold climates. I also have White Sands interior and have had no problems keeping it clean, so don't fret if you prefer it to black.
post #5 of 28 Old 08-30-2015, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankster View Post
Looked at a loaded 2016 Reserve 300 with all options yesterday and I have a couple of questions

I see on the climate package it list heated wiper park - what does that mean? I see nothing in the windshield that indicates a heat element. So how does it work. Salesman did not know.

Looking at White Sands interior - People who have it do you feel its a pain to keep it clean?
Its not heated wipers, if you look at the windshield where the wipers reset when not in use... they have put defrost wire on the glass, just like your rear defroster. This heats up, keeping the wipers from sticking at rest and helps to keep the ice from building up on them.

-Rayo

2016 MKC - Burgundy Velvet / Ebony
2.3L EcoBoost, Reserve 300A
Tech, Climate, Trailer, THX, 20"s
July 15, 2015 Build
post #6 of 28 Old 08-30-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
What type of sealant? dealer installed? Were they able to remove the dye stain?
Yes, the dye transfer came out (it was minimal). I would never purchase a sealant package from a dealership because I think they are a rip off for what they charge, but our dealership offered us complimentary interior/exterior sealant packages and after researching the product, we decided to take them up on their offer.

There are a lot of great leather sealant products on the market that you can apply yourself. If you Google Auto Geek, they have a detailing forum and I'm sure you'll be able to find and purchase a high quality product from them that will do the trick.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

post #7 of 28 Old 08-31-2015, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayoVac View Post
Its not heated wipers, if you look at the windshield where the wipers reset when not in use... they have put defrost wire on the glass, just like your rear defroster. This heats up, keeping the wipers from sticking at rest and helps to keep the ice from building up on them.

We looked at the windshield on the 2016 that had the climate package and didn't see anything different so thats is why I was asking. I actually contacted Lincoln this morning and asked them about the feature and they didn't know either. Maybe I'll look again.

Regarding the white sands we like the look but were a bit concerned. I am a bit of a fanatic regarding my vehicles and the wife worried that I would go nuts keeping it clean. Its just me and my wife now (for the most part) so we don't have to worry about kids messing it up. Just trying to decide if we should pull the trigger. Our 2011 Ford Edge has been a great vehicle but we are looking a little smaller and more up-scale.
post #8 of 28 Old 08-31-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
We looked at the windshield on the 2016 that had the climate package and didn't see anything different so thats is why I was asking. I actually contacted Lincoln this morning and asked them about the feature and they didn't know either. Maybe I'll look again.

Regarding the white sands we like the look but were a bit concerned. I am a bit of a fanatic regarding my vehicles and the wife worried that I would go nuts keeping it clean. Its just me and my wife now (for the most part) so we don't have to worry about kids messing it up. Just trying to decide if we should pull the trigger. Our 2011 Ford Edge has been a great vehicle but we are looking a little smaller and more up-scale.
If you're concerned about the white sands, have you looked at the hazelnut interior? Depending on which exterior color you're interested, it is available with exterior colors of black, silver, or white when you buy the reserve equipment package.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L

post #9 of 28 Old 08-31-2015, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferman44 View Post
If you're concerned about the white sands, have you looked at the hazelnut interior? Depending on which exterior color you're interested, it is available with exterior colors of black, silver, or white when you buy the reserve equipment package.
I had the Hazelnut in my 2015 MKC... I really liked the color, very nice interior.

-Rayo

2016 MKC - Burgundy Velvet / Ebony
2.3L EcoBoost, Reserve 300A
Tech, Climate, Trailer, THX, 20"s
July 15, 2015 Build
post #10 of 28 Old 09-08-2015, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

I looked a little closer this weekend and compared a 2016 to a 2015 with the climate package - I did see some very faint wires in the lower windshield on the 2016 where the wipers park. So now I (and the wife) need to decide on whether to pull the trigger on the loaded white/white sand at the dealer near by.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page