3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 09-24-2015, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New 2016 Owner!

Picked up our 2016 Reserve 300 last night. Looking forward to taking it for a bit of a road trip tonight picking up our daughter at college. Coming out of a loaded 2011 Ford Edge that had Sync 2. Sync 3 seems to be light years ahead! I will post additional observations and photos when time permits.

Platinum White with Wht Sands/Espresso
espressomac likes this.

2016 MKC - August 2015 build
Platinum White - Wht Sands/Espresso
Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
Premium Reversible Cargo Mat
post #2 of 38 Old 09-24-2015, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Congrats. Wishing you trouble-free miles. We have the white on white too, but got the Select equipment package as my wife did not want a pano roof. Too bad the ventilated seats were not an option on the Select. That was the only "extra" the Reserve offered that she really wanted.

Anyway, after you get back from your trip, let us know what you think. We took ours on a day trip last Sunday and it was like driving/riding on a cloud.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
White Platinum Exterior /White Sands Interior
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

Build Date: 11/20/14
post #3 of 38 Old 09-25-2015, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferman44 View Post
Congrats. Wishing you trouble-free miles. We have the white on white too, but got the Select equipment package as my wife did not want a pano roof. Too bad the ventilated seats were not an option on the Select. That was the only "extra" the Reserve offered that she really wanted.

Anyway, after you get back from your trip, let us know what you think. We took ours on a day trip last Sunday and it was like driving/riding on a cloud.
Well we took our first road (150 miles) and I must say my wife and I are very pleased. I have owned Cadillacs (CTS), Buicks (Riviera), Jeeps (Grand Cherokee), and Chryslers (300C), Fords (came out of a 2011 Edge) and Mercurys. The MKC is probably the nicest vehicle we have owned to date! We keep finding new features and little touches that separate Lincoln from other Ford Products. The MKC is more than a dolled-up Escape.

MKC value - Or MKC stickers for a little less then the 2010 CTS I had as a company car and the quality of the interior, ride and features blows the CTS away!

Performance - Steering is spot on! On-center feel is fantastic. This is the first vehicle I have had with electric steering and I am now a believer. Regarding the 2.3, the 305 ft lbs of torque means the vehicle does not have to downshift to moderately accelerate from 70 or hunt gears to maintain a crusing speed. I can't even detect the transmission shifting. You can really feel the power/torque compared to our former 2011 Edge with the 3.5. The IP cluster indicated 27 MPG averaging 65 MPH.

Ride and comfort - Church quite! Seats are fantastic! Ride control really works! The dash displays the ride mode (per the salesman the 2015 does not). We were in comfort mode for the whole trip and had no complaints. Looking forward to trying the other ride modes. Standard sound system is pretty nice! Still would like to see how the THX system performs

Sync 3 Vs Sync 2 - Its like having an IPAD in your dash. Voice commands work the first time! Lighting fast. Easy to understand! The pinch feature on the nav window is really nice for zooming in and out. Still have not connected the phones or setup the WIFI link for software updates. Also I need to go through the menus to see what other features are burried in there.

Overall Technology - Amazing how far vehicles have come in just 5 years compared to the 2011 Edge. For the safety features the technology package offers its really a nice to have. Especially the lane-keeping feature. With a vehicle like this with all potential distractions (and with me being a little older) I'm glad I got it.

Regarding the climate package - We will see how it works this winter.
espressomac likes this.

Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats

post #4 of 38 Old 09-25-2015, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Thanks for posting your impressions Blankster. I have a 2016 on its way... I guess I feel like I already know what to expect having had the 2015... but I still like seeing other peoples viewpoints... especially on the 2016.

And yes... the 2015 dash would indicate whether you were in Sport, Normal or Comfort, with the rings around the two circles changing from no color for normal, blue for comfort and red for sport.

I am excited to spend more time with Sync3. I have had MFT since it came out... so I am ready for the change. I played with Sync3 in an Escape for about 20 mins... but that is not near enough time to really get a "everyday" feeling about how well it behaves vs. MFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankster View Post
Well we took our first road (150 miles) and I must say my wife and I are very pleased. I have owned Cadillacs (CTS), Buicks (Riviera), Jeeps (Grand Cherokee), and Chryslers (300C), Fords (came out of a 2011 Edge) and Mercurys. The MKC is probably the nicest vehicle we have owned to date! We keep finding new features and little touches that separate Lincoln from other Ford Products. The MKC is more than a dolled-up Escape.

MKC value - Or MKC stickers for a little less then the 2010 CTS I had as a company car and the quality of the interior, ride and features blows the CTS away!

Performance - Steering is spot on! On-center feel is fantastic. This is the first vehicle I have had with electric steering and I am now a believer. Regarding the 2.3, the 305 ft lbs of torque means the vehicle does not have to downshift to moderately accelerate from 70 or hunt gears to maintain a crusing speed. I can't even detect the transmission shifting. You can really feel the power/torque compared to our former 2011 Edge with the 3.5. The IP cluster indicated 27 MPG averaging 65 MPH.

Ride and comfort - Church quite! Seats are fantastic! Ride control really works! The dash displays the ride mode (per the salesman the 2015 does not). We were in comfort mode for the whole trip and had no complaints. Looking forward to trying the other ride modes. Standard sound system is pretty nice! Still would like to see how the THX system performs

Sync 3 Vs Sync 2 - Its like having an IPAD in your dash. Voice commands work the first time! Lighting fast. Easy to understand! The pinch feature on the nav window is really nice for zooming in and out. Still have not connected the phones or setup the WIFI link for software updates. Also I need to go through the menus to see what other features are burried in there.

Overall Technology - Amazing how far vehicles have come in just 5 years compared to the 2011 Edge. For the safety features the technology package offers its really a nice to have. Especially the lane-keeping feature. With a vehicle like this with all potential distractions (and with me being a little older) I'm glad I got it.

Regarding the climate package - We will see how it works this winter.

-Rayo

2016 MKC - Burgundy Velvet / Ebony
2.3L EcoBoost, Reserve 300A
Tech, Climate, Trailer, THX, 20"s
July 15, 2015 Build
post #5 of 38 Old 09-25-2015, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayoVac View Post
Thanks for posting your impressions Blankster. I have a 2016 on its way... I guess I feel like I already know what to expect having had the 2015... but I still like seeing other peoples viewpoints... especially on the 2016.

And yes... the 2015 dash would indicate whether you were in Sport, Normal or Comfort, with the rings around the two circles changing from no color for normal, blue for comfort and red for sport.

I am excited to spend more time with Sync3. I have had MFT since it came out... so I am ready for the change. I played with Sync3 in an Escape for about 20 mins... but that is not near enough time to really get a "everyday" feeling about how well it behaves vs. MFT.
The dash actually says "Comfort".

Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
post #6 of 38 Old 09-25-2015, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankster View Post
The dash actually says "Comfort".
Ohhh... gotcha... yeah I don't think the 2015 did that... just the differentiation of the colored rings. Cool! Does it say normal when in normal or nothing?

-Rayo

2016 MKC - Burgundy Velvet / Ebony
2.3L EcoBoost, Reserve 300A
Tech, Climate, Trailer, THX, 20"s
July 15, 2015 Build
post #7 of 38 Old 09-25-2015, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
RayoVac, my 2015 (built July 2014) display shows as you indicated above = blue rings and "Comfort" for Comfort mode, nothing for Normal mode and red rings and "Sport" for Sport mode.
post #8 of 38 Old 09-25-2015, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmccart View Post
RayoVac, my 2015 (built July 2014) display shows as you indicated above = blue rings and "Comfort" for Comfort mode, nothing for Normal mode and red rings and "Sport" for Sport mode.
It was probably a running change for MY 2015. I will try other modes to see what is displayed later today or tomorrow.

Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
post #9 of 38 Old 09-25-2015, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Rayo no MKX? I thought for sure you were going for it. Was that list you posted in MKX forum the reasons why?
post #10 of 38 Old 09-25-2015, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Mine shows what mode on my dash like said with different colors to distinguish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page