• 1 Post By blankster

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 12-22-2015, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
MKX Owner

Joined because I have a friend just getting ready to retire, and since I am a "car guy", he wanted my recommendation on a Retirement Gift (Car) for himself. I suggested the MKC, and have been doing a lot of research for him. I found this site and have been reading through most of the posts. I might even consider an MKC when I decided to trade in a couple of years.
Curious if anyone has had experience with Lincoln only dealers v/s Ford/Lincoln dealers. I used a Ford/Lincoln dealer when I ordered my 2014 MKX, mainly because I was trading in a 13 F-150 Platinum, and thought I could get a better trade price than at the Lincoln only dealer. I don't have any complaints about service at the Ford/Lincoln dealer, but will probably go Lincoln only dealer next time just to see what kind of an upgrade they give in service. I have a 79 Wedgewood Blue Continental Mark V as one of my collector cars with only 17,000 original miles, 3 Thunderbirds (56, 59, 04), and 2 Mustangs, (66 and 2012 converts). Definitely enjoying this site. The MKX Forum doesn't seem to get as much action.
post #2 of 4 Old 12-22-2015, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
I have a Lincoln only dealer (Napleton Glenview IL) and so far thay have been better than the Cadillac dealer I dealt with before. We went from a 2011 Ford Edge (similar to a MKX) to the MKC. I'm also close to retiring and we wanted smaller and more up-scale (kids are half out the door). The MKC has delivered on all points so far.
rocmkc likes this.

2016 MKC - August 2015 build
Platinum White - Wht Sands/Espresso
Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
Premium Reversible Cargo Mat
post #3 of 4 Old 12-22-2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I guess you are near me. I got my 14 MKX at Buss Ford/Lincoln in McHenry. Bought 2 f-150's from them. Considering Libertyville Lincoln next time, since they are about 10 miles away. One thing I have noticed is that Napelton is showing discounted pricing on their site when almost none of the other dealers are showing anything except the small rebate..

post #4 of 4 Old 12-22-2015, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
We bought from a Ford\Lincoln dealer. Did not have a choice based on location. However, the Lincoln brand is supposed to be separated from Ford (separate area of showroom as a minimum) & service should be "Lincoln" quality (free loaners, etc). We love our MKC. Service\dealer experience has been OK but not terrific.
Certainly not at a level with BMW (we traded a BMW for the MKC) or Volvo (my daily driver).

2016 MKC
White TriCoat Metallic/Hazelnut Interior
Reserve
20' Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
THX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page