3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 01-15-2016, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation A Horrible Experience with 2015 MKC

Where do I begin. We picked up our beautiful Silver Sand MKC in Dec. 14. On the way home from dealer, the sunroof starting a popping sound. Back to the dealer and had it repaired. Now our fun begins:

Three key fobs do not work
Welcome lighting turned off because of proximity to fob in house
No satellite radio for 7 months
Dead battery
Brakes had to be repaired
Rattling sounds from cargo area
A/C malfunctioned
Mirrors shake
And about 5 other repairs. In shop third time for sunroof. We have had a loaner so far 42 days, since the day we got it. That does not include the days for other items.
Dana Lincoln in Staten Island claims they hardly worked on car, although we have every work order. Lincoln Headquarters for goodwill will give us one month towards lease. Otherwise, too bad! This is the worst car I have ever owned and would not trust Dana nor Lincoln ever again. For my money, I can go to a junk yard and pick up a better vehicle.
Disgusted by the dealership for saying they can not substantiate any complaint
, even though we have 8 work orders proving they lied.
New dealership immediately found brakes were very bad and sunroof needs to be replaced a year later.

Good luck to anyone thinking of buying a MKC and going to Dana in Staten Island , NY.
post #2 of 29 Old 01-15-2016, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Thumbs down

Janice Richards,

I sympathize with you and your issues with your MKC. I too have had numerous issues with mine starting with the factory ordering process.

Here is a brief list of my MKC's issues:

-Vehicle ordered from Lincoln dealer in Red Deer AB, Canada on July 18, 2014
-Vehicle delivered October 29th, 2014-why did it take so long to get this vehicle, we were advised 6 to 8 weeks is the normal, we waited 15 weeks.
No one was every able to answer this question.
-November 14, navigation stopped working, just over two weeks after delivery, took until February to get resolved, what a joke.
-November 17th, satellite radio reception issue, stopped receiving signal to the point where it could not be listened to as a gap every five seconds or so, again what a joke.
-November 17th, the front struts start making noise, turns out the front struts were leaking and had to be replaced.
-March 24, took vehicle in for non-existing heated seats, was advised there was a TSB to replace the system as the heated seats not working is a known concern.
-April 28th, 2015, took MKC in for first scheduled maintenance, was advised by servicing dealer that the so called free maintenance was never registered to me or this vehicle so I had to pay out of pocket to get the service completed. I had to deal with this issue myself with the selling dealer to get reimbursed.
-April 28th, 2015, took vehicle in for transmission shifting issue. Torque converter had to be replaced. At 7670km’s? Wow.
-June 9th, 2015, satellite radio finally addressed. However since that repair, the satellite radio sound is very poor. Dealer looking into concern.
-June 17th, 2015, vehicle returns for more transmission work as first repair didn’t fix the problem. Now at 9065km’s. Now had to get transmission internal control assembly replaced. Wow 9065km and second time the transmission was opened up to be repaired.
-November 20th, 2015, took vehicle in again for satellite radio sound issue and poor operation of heated seats.
Parts are ordered for the radio but seats were found to be “Within Spec”. So we guess “Spec” to Ford is barely operating.
-January 18, 2015, second satellite radio antenna replaced due to an updated parts package for reception, they couldn't get it right the first time? Heated seats still take 15 minutes to feel any warmth.

I have been in contact with Lincoln Canada during every issue. Now here in Canada there is a serious lack of interest in helping customers with issues. I started with calling Lincoln. That turned out to be a mistake since I was advised that when a customer calls, Lincoln makes notes of customer's concerns. Yet every time I called no one could refer to any notes. So I started emailing Lincoln. It went months before I received any answers. Finally I started CC'ing Mark Fields. Turns out this is the way to get emails replied to. Yet after all these issues here is the last response from the so called "Executive Liaison":

I apologize for the experience you have had with Ford of Canada. I can assure you that at the Executive Offices, we take this very seriously and will address this internally based on your feedback.
I understand that your vehicle is currently at a Lincoln dealer in Edmonton. Please stay in touch with the dealership staff tending to you as they are in the best position to give you updates on your Lincoln MKC.

Regards,

Rachael | Ford of Canada | Executive Liaison

My wife and I both took this to mean, if you have a problem, talk to your dealer as Ford/Lincoln really doesn't care. I guess I complained too much. So I emailed Mark Fields one last time to voice my displeasure with Ford's/Lincoln's customer service-It Sucks!

I know many MKC customers have had very few or no issues. To those people I say count yourselves as one of the lucky ones.
As for me I am done with this vehicle and I wouldn't recommend anyone buy or lease a new Ford or Lincoln product.

cjc96

Last edited by cjc96; 01-15-2016 at 10:16 PM.
post #3 of 29 Old 01-15-2016, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
This post will get pulled shortly because they don't let you say anything negative about a dealership by name it seems whether it's true or not.

I'm not far away from your story with my MKC either....
Lincoln doesn't care they have our money...
Dealerships don't care, they made their money too

Lucky for you leased your piece of garbage..and get to dump it eventually..I'm not so lucky....

post #4 of 29 Old 01-15-2016, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I've had a few MKC problems as I have with all the cars I've owned in my 60 years. I guess I handle the BS better than others.
post #5 of 29 Old 01-15-2016, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
I've had a few MKC problems as I have with all the cars I've owned in my 60 years. I guess I handle the BS better than others.
Key to your comment is "a few problems". The folks above have had more than a "few problems in 60 years" but quite a bit more in a short amount of time on an expensive vehicle. How would you handle THAT much BS as you say? If you are so used to,"problems with all of your cars" in 60 years what kind of quality cars are you buying? Because I've NEVER had problems even remotely close to what I've experienced...with a car, with a dealership, with a car company. In fact my last car a Cadillac was completely problem free for 8 years 90k miles. And why should any of us have to put up with ANY level of BS at all? Glad you can handle yourself better than us I guess...walk in our shoes...
post #6 of 29 Old 01-16-2016, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I agree with you. We are very glad you had such good luck with your cars. I am sure paying 50,000 for a car and having a loaner for 46 days is just BS. In the normal world, I work very hard for my salary Nd when I get a new car, its for the reputation of the car and what I am looking for in it.
However, when you are dealing with major issues 8 times in 12 months, lose of financial layouts, it is more than BS.
Hat's off to you if you do not mind this.

Hopefully you will never go through this
post #7 of 29 Old 01-16-2016, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I don't know that bad dealerships or bad service are limited to Lincoln. Luckily I have a great Ford/Lincoln dealership in my immediate area (within 5 minutes) - and I have not had the issues you have had with my 2015 MKC (or my 2013 MKZh either).

Your story is similar to a story I had with a 2010 Acura. It was well over $50K when I got it new in 2010 and the problems I had with the car and the dealership BS are similar to yours. And that dealership was about an hours drive away so the driving back and forth was time consuming. Most people consider Acura as the "gold standard" for sales and service, to me it is not even the "coal standard". I was so annoyed - you will never see another Acura in my garage ever again and I probably would have issues with someone visiting me parking an Acura in my driveway.

I definitely sympathize. There are a lot of brands and dealerships to choose from.
post #8 of 29 Old 01-16-2016, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
You are so right. It is luck of the draw. I thank you for your ear and understanding.

Leasing definitely saved us from this nightmare.

JRich
post #9 of 29 Old 01-16-2016, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoretti View Post
Key to your comment is "a few problems". The folks above have had more than a "few problems in 60 years" but quite a bit more in a short amount of time on an expensive vehicle. How would you handle THAT much BS as you say? If you are so used to,"problems with all of your cars" in 60 years what kind of quality cars are you buying? Because I've NEVER had problems even remotely close to what I've experienced...with a car, with a dealership, with a car company. In fact my last car a Cadillac was completely problem free for 8 years 90k miles. And why should any of us have to put up with ANY level of BS at all? Glad you can handle yourself better than us I guess...walk in our shoes...
Well articulated.... are we looking for a group lawsuit?
Seems there are a lot of reported issues going on...some more serious then others,For the price point these MKC are selling for, they are NOT exuding confidence....I'm beginning to get concerned about my purchase! I think in my case, the MOST troubling by far is the lack of "engagement" by Lincoln with their customers...Christ, I bought a "full" carbon bike made by Specialized, and the level of commitment I get from that company is TOP NOTCH, granted, it's a bike...but knowing the company that builds them stands behind their product feel good.
I get 3 years full service,and adjustments and get treated as a customer should be!
My lift gate started acting up again, I found a grommet that carries the wiring from the roof line to the gate itself, located on the left rear, drivers side was pulled out and had to slip it back in....I assumed it may have caused the issue, offering resistance as the gate was closing,so I'll see what happens next! opened a log book and maintaining that with dates, times, issues, and resolve or lack off, including who and when I spoke with weather dealer or Lincoln....This may be used in future litigation!

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
post #10 of 29 Old 01-16-2016, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoretti View Post
I've owned mostly Ford with a few GM vehicles through the years. I keep vehicles no more than 4 years or 30,000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page