4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 05-31-2016, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Considering the MKC Black Label

Hi all, I've been lurking here for a few days and just registered today.

The lease on my BMW X1 is expiring in a few months and I'm shopping for a new vehicle. I'm looking for something more upscale and prepared to buy something in the $50k range. I've been a BMW customer over most of the past decade, but they haven't updated the X3 in years, and I'm not crazy about the new X1.

I also looked at the Audi Q3 & Q5, and same issue there -- they are dated vehicles.

I'm considering the following vehicles:

Jaguar F-Pace - very nice car, but I would have to get a lower trim level and it would not have that many options.

Range Rover Evoque - I can get this nicely equipped, but not loaded

MKC Black Label - I'm leaning towards the MKC since I can get it fully loaded with all the options. I test drove one at the dealership, and the interior is absolutely beautiful with everything wrapped in either leather or suede.

I would be getting a 2017 model.

So I have a couple of questions:

How is the reliability? I see some complaints about things like the modem and such, but in general are there lots of issues with this vehicle, or only a few small issues that are getting sorted out? I've never owned a Ford or Lincoln vehicle before, so not sure how reliable they are.

The white leather interior offered in the Black Label is beautiful, but I'm worried about it getting dirty. Is there some kind of protectant that you can put on light colored leather so it doesn't become permanently stained? I'm also considering the dark brown interior. The car I test drove had the black suede seats with the red stitching, and while it was nice, I think it was a case of a luxury vehicle trying to look sporty. I think something more lavish and less sporty would suit the MKC better.
post #2 of 18 Old 05-31-2016, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi Eric,

Just FYI, the X3 is getting updated for 2017 model runs. I had priced one out at the dealer for order, it's based on a new platform and has a new I4 engine.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-31-2016, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Our 2016 Reserve 2.3 has been bullet-proof so far and we really enjoy it! Regarding the white seats, they are not available on the 2017 MKC anymore and is replaced by Cappuccino which is darker. That may carry into the Black Label line also. Nice thing about the MKC is the ability to run regular fuel or premium as opposed to the European vehicles that require premium. Where I live premium runs about $1.00 more per gallon than regular.

2016 MKC - August 2015 build
Platinum White - Wht Sands/Espresso
Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
Premium Reversible Cargo Mat

post #4 of 18 Old 05-31-2016, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Actually, blankster, Black Label Lincolns have unique interiors not shared with the regular models. The interiors all have a "theme" name. Not all themes are available on all models (MKC, MKZ, MKX) but the "Modern Heritage" theme does have white leather with black dash and doorsills and red stitching. It's quite striking. Cappuccino replaces White Sands in the regular MKC models, which was actually more of a Creme color than "White"...

(Formerly) 2015 MKC 2.3 AWD Reserve
Midnight Sapphire Metallic - White Sands/Espresso interior
THX | Tech Pkg. | Climate Pkg. | 19" Wheels
Build date: July 2014

Last edited by kmccart; 05-31-2016 at 04:33 PM.
post #5 of 18 Old 05-31-2016, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmccart View Post
Actually, blankster, Black Label Lincolns have unique interiors not shared with the regular models. The interiors all have a "theme" name. Not all themes are available on all models (MKC, MKZ, MKX) but the "Modern Heritage" theme does have white leather with black dash and doorsills and red stitching. It's quite striking. Cappuccino replaces White Sands in the regular MKC models, which was actually more of a Creme color than "White"...

I know that that there are differences with the Black Label models. I went to the Lincoln site to try and configure a 2017 Black Label but it reverts to the 2016 version where I do see white is available. I was speculating a bit that it might change for '17 MY.

2016 MKC - August 2015 build
Platinum White - Wht Sands/Espresso
Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
Premium Reversible Cargo Mat
post #6 of 18 Old 05-31-2016, 04:52 PM

True, but Cappuccino wouldn't replace them, even if they charge themes for 2017. Cappuccino is only used in regular models...that was the point I was trying to make.

post #7 of 18 Old 06-01-2016, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
We got a 2.3 Black Label Notorious with the Indulgence theme and are very, very happy with it. It replaced a 3.2 Q5 that had the upgraded Milano leather interior of Audi's Luxury package, and I have to say the Black Label's leather feels better, as well as the very nice standard MKC Leather of Weir. We thought that was good!

I'm enjoying taking the Black Label to the dealer for free car washes. Not only do they do a great job, but I get a bit of me time waiting in their nice Black Label lounge. The first scheduled service is coming up and true to their word, they will pick up the car when they drop off a loaner.

As Black Label owners, Lincoln has sent us free tickets to a local wine and food festival, a really nice book on the history of the Lincoln brand, and some other goodies. They have a special dedicated 800 number which has been very helpful answering any questions. I think Lincoln is doing a great job of making the Black Label experience rather amazing. Certainly better than Audi, and I thought Audi was good.

Haven't had our chef culinary experience at the restaurant in Miami Beach yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Couldn't be happier with our MKC.

2016 MKC Black Label
Indulgence Theme
Notorious color
2.3L Ecoboost AWD
THX II
Sync 3 v3.0
Technology package
Climate package
Class II Trailer Towing
19-inch wheels
11/2015 Build
post #8 of 18 Old 06-01-2016, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by espressomac View Post
We got a 2.3 Black Label Notorious with the Indulgence theme and are very, very happy with it. It replaced a 3.2 Q5 that had the upgraded Milano leather interior of Audi's Luxury package, and I have to say the Black Label's leather feels better, as well as the very nice standard MKC Leather of Weir. We thought that was good!

I'm enjoying taking the Black Label to the dealer for free car washes. Not only do they do a great job, but I get a bit of me time waiting in their nice Black Label lounge. The first scheduled service is coming up and true to their word, they will pick up the car when they drop off a loaner.

As Black Label owners, Lincoln has sent us free tickets to a local wine and food festival, a really nice book on the history of the Lincoln brand, and some other goodies. They have a special dedicated 800 number which has been very helpful answering any questions. I think Lincoln is doing a great job of making the Black Label experience rather amazing. Certainly better than Audi, and I thought Audi was good.

Haven't had our chef culinary experience at the restaurant in Miami Beach yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Couldn't be happier with our MKC.
Amen to the above....
Black label was not available to us in Canada I believe....I went with a fully loaded Reserve and could not be more happy with this ride...quite refined, incredible interior and as far as the mechanicals are concerned, I have had ZERO issues!
My lift gate needed reprogramming which was done by Lincoln and was fine after that service, one of my wiper blades was not making full glass contact, so they replaced all 3 wiper blades ( including the rear) with new at no extra charge and everything's been fine.
A member on here seem to have had some issues with their modem, mine works perfectly from the get go... NO ISSUES, early 2015/2016's MIGHT have had some issues with them, seems the ones that did have problematic modems had them replaced by dealer and all seem fine (other than the one member)....
Mine's a 2016 fully loaded reserve,and my modem have worked flawlessly from the get go!
Am I happy with my MKC? very much so...
As much as I would like white or light cream seats, I tend to steer clear of such delicate colours....even something as simple as blue jeans might ( will ) impart dyes into such light coloured leather, been there, done that, and found it to be quite sensitive to everyday use....I chose the black on black interior which I am very happy about, and a triple plus for ease of maintenance...
Congrats on your new purchase!
2015 MSM likes this.

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
post #9 of 18 Old 06-01-2016, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all of the info.

I'm thinking the Indulgence theme may be the best of the interior themes. The car I test drove was the Center Stage theme, and while it was nice, I feel like a theme like that is better suited for a sports car. I think the other themes provide a more luxurious feel, and Indulgence should wear better because of the darker color. As for exterior colors, I'd probably just go with something simple like silver or white.
post #10 of 18 Old 06-01-2016, 07:51 PM

I was at my dealer today and there was a (non-Black Label) 2017 MKZ on the showroom floor. Burgundy Velvet with the Cappuccino interior. It seemed to be "whiter" than either the White Sands interior on the MKC or the Light Dune interior that used to be on the MKZ and which Cappuccino replaced. It was complemented by a charcoal dash, carpeting, steering wheel and door sills and greyish wood trim. It looked quite nice. Sometimes I think crème or tan colored interiors look too yellow, but this looked rather elegant. I would buy it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page