Lincoln MKC Forum banner

This car is Junk

7K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  mi77915 
#1 ·
Lets start with the basics. Trying to create an account and long into this site is like hacking into the Federal Reserve Bank..nuff said.
This a forum dudes...dont make it complicated! Car? Total junk. A Ford Escape with a nice technology package. Mini SUV, rough ride, Vibration and compact feel. Regret, mistake at 900 miles. If you guys love this car pass me what you a smoking! This is a Lincoln? Really? Its a Ford Escape. I made the mistake and dropped 34K on this POS. Can any of you HONESTLY say this rides and feels like a Lincoln? My back is still hurting 15 minutes after I got done driving it home. lol Considering this car? Buy a Honda CRV. Bigger and much nicer ride. Save 5 k.

#3 ·
Like Buckeye suggested - changing the ride setting to comfort does help. I do understand that if you are used to a bigger vehicle, then the ride here is not really comparable. My previous Edge rode smoother because of the mass of the vehicle and the suspension setup. The Edge also had seats that were the reason I gave the vehicle back at lease end. They make the Edge seats (or at least they did on the 16 models) with recycled foam material. After 36 months I could feel the steel under structure digging into my hamstrings on longer (and sometimes shorter) trips. That thing had a lot going for it - including the fun to drive factor (I had the sport) - but the seats killed the deal. Lots of vehicles have compromises or known issues in one place or another.

If you are really that unhappy - consider getting rid of it. Yes I know you'll be upside down - life is too short to be that unhappy.

#6 ·
LMAO. Honda CRV? That is the biggest joke I've read. Yes, the MKC is based on the Escape, but it's far from the Escape. My brother in law has a newer CRV. Our MKC 2.3 Reserve rides better , is quieter, has MUCH more power, has a better stereo (THX), infotainment is better and the seats are much more comfortable. I won't even get into the aesthetics of the it. The CRV has a bigger back seat and storage area. After that, the MKC wins hands down.

As mentioned earlier, the CRV's 1.5 Turbo has be plagued with oil consumption issues and fuel dilution problems.

If you spent 34K, you're comparing a base model MKC (probably FWD), which doesn't have the Adjustable Suspension.

#8 ·
Josh Redmond, You are right it is just a Escape with extra tech. That tech includes dynamic ride control, Premium Leather (I did not think I would notice "bridge of weir" leather but it is amazing) better engine options (base engine is premium for the escape) and I could continue for a long time. The ford escape is a perfectly good car, why buy a Lincoln? Because you appreciate these extra appointments.

Reactions: RMM and Brannigan
#10 ·
A Honda CR-V is far and away better than a Lincoln. Lincoln's are built like garbage. You can walk into any mechanics garage and just ask. Hondas on the other hand are built with quality and will last many many more miles without any problems compared to a Lincoln. A 5 second Google search will show you that. If your sold by leather seats a little more power and a few bells and whistles you will probably will never use past the first 6 months then you deserve the hink of junk you spent 40k on. I can wrap a pile of dog crap in a ribbon and charge you big dollars for it too.. but hey it's still a pile of crap. Enjoy your many trips to the stealership for repairs for the life of the car.

#14 ·
I call bs I have had 3 Lincoln’s an ls that my wife totaled and she feels the car saved her life then bought a 2007 mkc all wheel drive wife would have nothing but a Lincoln we put 130000 miles on that car never saw the shop but oil change she wanted an mkc because where we live we get lots of snow my neighbor has the crvI have had topull him several times he gets stuck constantly there all wheel drive is junk one wheel spins your done

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.