Lincoln MKC Forum banner

What does the MKC mean?

40K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  abkeno 
#1 ·
Not what does MKC stand for, but what does MKC mean to Lincoln?

Well I think you can view it as analogous to the Cayenne for Porsche. Read me out before you bite my head off, thats all I ask. Consider that the Cayenne was launched as a bread and butter volume model with profits intended to be reinvested into the 911 franchise.

So where does Lincoln come into this? Consider the MKC is entering into the HOTTEST luxury segment, the compact SUV/crossover tranche. The future of Lincolns vehicles depends on the MKC setting fire to the entire segment. Its only with profits from a volume model that they can reinvest back into crafting a desirable flagship or a niche coupe...

#5 ·
no MKZ is not the flagship, that would be MKS if anything, the large saloon. @golfball clearly you didnt hear me out, this was not about what does MKC mean, but what MKC stands for to Lincoln. They need that cash flow to come streaming in to finance future models. The only way Lincoln can become truely competitive again is if they begin funding their own operations.

Sharing costs with Ford i feel is actually detrimental. When the big company wants to cut costs they simply plug and play Ford characteristics into lincolns. Now thats not inherently a bad thing but it does take a certain luster away from Lincoln products..

#17 ·
MK is Mark
Z = Zephyr
S = Sedan
T = Town Car (Replaced Town Car)
X = Crossover (Large)
C = Crossover (Compact)

Waiting for the Navigator to be called MKN.
never happening LOL, you know its going to be killed before that happens. ITs interesting though how ashamed Lincoln is of the Navigator and the MKT. They're hidden in all marketing materials and advertising...

#21 ·
M ost K inetic C ar LOL

#22 ·
...and for the ladies: M y K itty C at LOL!

#29 ·
Diverse names have been given for MKC.. lol my kinda crossover. cool!

Now saying about what MKC it means to Lincoln. Companies are not just run by a single car. There needs to be other attractions as well. MKC is a luxury sports crossover that is not overly priced as are its rivals like Q5 and is a better car in respect of mileage etc. So that's, I guess what it means to Lincoln.

#30 ·
MKC= MarK Compact (Sports Utility)
MKZ= MarK Zephyr
MKX= MarK X(Cross)over
MKS= Mark Sedan

of course most of these are now non-relevant,
as many of them have been renamed since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.