63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 112 Old 07-16-2015, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk4500 View Post
Thanks Golferman, I now have my signature. To answer your questions, the discount was made up of 4 parts 1) As a Costco member I signed up (free) for their car buying program and I was told by many people that for a dealer to become part of their program they must establish discounts that are approved by Costco, and that Costco negotiates a good deal for their members. 2) Lincoln was offering many discounts but you can only get one so I took the best one available - $2k off. 3) Financing is separate and their 0% 48 months was a no brainer, and lastly 4) I continued to negotiate in addition to what was already done in #'s 1-3. As an example, I am a snowbird and live in the Mid-Atlantic area (so I did not qualify for the AWD Northeast discount (if I lived about 100 miles north, I would have...darn it!) so in the winter I live in FL and although I may occasionally travel up north in the winter I could give or take the AWD, however I certainly did not need the Climate package (heated rear seats, heated steering wheel and a few other relatively minor items) so after quite a bit of negotiating the dealer agreed to give me that $580 Climate pkg for $100. Please keep in mind that inventory of the 15's are getting lower as each week went by and I could not find the colors and options I wanted within a 150 mile dealership search, so that car was the closest to my wish list and he had already had it on his lot for about 4 months so I guess it was a win-win. Although the dealers always win and we just hope we can walk away with what we consider the best deal possible...and I think I did. And lastly, you are correct - the discount was off the price of the car only. Add tags and taxes (6% where I live).
I noticed your signature. Thanks. If you have time, it would help to add your build date as some problems have been traced to the time when the vehicle was built.

We actually had the same problem with inventory that you did, even way back in February when we bought.....which is why we didn't wait for better incentives. We searched every dealership within 250 miles. We wanted white/white, AWD, Select, Select Plus, with the power liftgate. The only one we found that was configured that way also had a climate package. We told the dealer that if he wanted to sell us the car, he'd have to eat the cost of the climate package because like you, we don't need heated passenger seats or a heated steering wheel. I will say after having it, however, the auto high beams and auto wipers are kind of nice, but nothing we would miss if we didn't have them.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
White Platinum Exterior /White Sands Interior
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

Build Date: 11/20/14
post #102 of 112 Old 08-04-2015, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoretti View Post
totally agree. Black label is what all the lincolns should be if they want to be true high end luxury. The entire black label interior (not just the leather)is SO much nicer.

Rebecca where are your pictures?

I am too busy driving and loving my new precious that I need figure out how to post photos. LOL

It is crazy tho, I want to drive but then I don't want it get to dirty; then I spend all day making it pretty then I don't want to drive....LOL I know I know I have a sickness. I probably have fully vacuumed this car/truck/crossover at least 7 times already. So now I have a portable vacuum. If I see ANY blade of grass or dirt speckle is found, I got it covered....HAHAHAHHA Yeahhhhh, the hubby doesn't want to touch...my precious aka Professor X. (sounds like a win/win combination)
LincRTR and espressomac like this.

2016 BLACK LABEL MKC AWD|
105.9" WheelBase|
2.0L EcoBoost Engine|
6-SPD Select Shift Auto Tran|
Chroma Flame Red Exterior|
Indulgence (Ganache-Truffle) Interior|
THX II Audio|
Technology Package|
Climate Package|

Build Date: 06/25/15
post #103 of 112 Old 08-04-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDefining Rebecca View Post
I am too busy driving and loving my new precious that I need figure out how to post photos. LOL

It is crazy tho, I want to drive but then I don't want it get to dirty; then I spend all day making it pretty then I don't want to drive....LOL I know I know I have a sickness. I probably have fully vacuumed this car/truck/crossover at least 7 times already. So now I have a portable vacuum. If I see ANY blade of grass or dirt speckle is found, I got it covered....HAHAHAHHA Yeahhhhh, the hubby doesn't want to touch...my precious aka Professor X. (sounds like a win/win combination)
Your precious sounds like she's absolutely gorgeous.
ReDefining Rebecca likes this.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

post #104 of 112 Old 08-04-2015, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDefining Rebecca View Post

Congrats on getting your "Precious"! Posting pics is rather easy as well as setting up your garage...the garage is a good way to go as then there is a designated area all your own and that makes it easy to share it with a link or just directing others to it by your site name.
ReDefining Rebecca likes this.

2015 MKC FWD 2.0L, Reserve & Tech packs, THX, 19" wheels, Midnight Sapphire/White Sands-Espresso, Build: Feb 2015
BMW 750 Li
Chevy Malibu Limited LT
Mitsubishi 3000GT
post #105 of 112 Old 08-05-2015, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
post #106 of 112 Old 08-05-2015, 11:47 AM

Something might be wrong with your link. When I click on it I get a message: Not Found.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L

post #107 of 112 Old 08-05-2015, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
https://media.lincoln.com/content/li...ncoln-mkc.html

Here is the corrected url at the Lincoln Media site.

I have also attached the .pdf files that can be downloaded from the site.
post #108 of 112 Old 08-05-2015, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
ah, I see 2016 climate package has windshield wiper de-icer.

and the sync 3 looks nice.

Last edited by mmoretti; 08-05-2015 at 12:53 PM.
post #109 of 112 Old 08-05-2015, 02:20 PM

I thought someone posted earlier that the hazelnut interior would be available on 2016 Select models. According to the info on the link, the white sands/espresso has been added as an option on the Select, but it doesn't say anything about the hazelnut.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L

post #110 of 112 Old 08-05-2015, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Select models meaning select colors was my understanding... Not the select package. It is only an option for the colors white, silver, and black no matter what package I believe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page