14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 01-24-2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Name change?

I was getting fuel at the gas station this morning. Another Lincoln MKC owner pulled in, and we got talking. I was telling him I was thinking about the new Lincoln Nautilus. He told me to wait because the Lincoln MKC was getting some major updates and a new name. Does anyone have any info about these changes coming up???

2017 MKC Reserve AWD
White platinum w/Hazelnut leather interior
2.3L Ecoboost
Equipment group 300A
Technology Package (Sync 3 v3.0)
Climate package
18" Wheels

Built 1/27/17
post #2 of 13 Old 01-24-2019, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikesdeuce View Post
I was getting fuel at the gas station this morning. Another Lincoln MKC owner pulled in, and we got talking. I was telling him I was thinking about the new Lincoln Nautilus. He told me to wait because the Lincoln MKC was getting some major updates and a new name. Does anyone have any info about these changes coming up???
I have read that the new 2020 MKC will likely be named "Corsair." Like the new 2020 Ford Escape, it will be about 3-4 inches longer, and I would expect that more features will be available. Maybe surround camera? Maybe Heads Up Display (HUD)? Haven't heard that though. Probable the 8-speed instead of the current 6-speed, so better mileage. And with the length added, more backseat legroom and cargo space. I read production to start this summer, planned for 8/5/19, so available this fall.
2015 MSM and mrmikesdeuce like this.

Last edited by TxTom; 01-24-2019 at 05:47 PM.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-24-2019, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
No doubt a much nicer interior.
2015 MSM likes this.

'19 Silver/Black Reserve
Technology Package/Climate Package
Enhanced THX II/19" Wheels
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat Silver/Black

post #4 of 13 Old 01-24-2019, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Just my opinion, but my MKC reserve met all the requirements & expectations perfectly, both in size and performance....the 2.3 L engine is stellar.....great gas milage, unless when I wake her up!....the interior is remarkable, especially for the 2 front passengers....heated/cooled front seats along with heated steering pretty much filled my needs....lots of other features that I enjoyed...the foot activated rear hatch is a godsend...at first I thought it's a bit of a gimmick...but walk up to the rear with 3 bags of groceries in each hard and you really get to appreciate this feature....exterior noise levels are remarkably good, even at highway speeds.....overall, totally satisfied with the MKC....Looking forward to picking my new 2019 Nautilus in Ruby Red, hopefully Monday...

2016 MKC, Reserve. White Platinum Met Tri-coat.
Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
6-speed select SHIFT auto trans.
20" premium painted Alum wheels.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Xzilon exterior paint protection.
Weather Tech front and rear liners ....the rest is ALL Lincoln.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-30-2019, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
Just my opinion, but my MKC reserve met all the requirements & expectations perfectly, both in size and performance....the 2.3 L engine is stellar.....great gas milage, unless when I wake her up!....the interior is remarkable, especially for the 2 front passengers....heated/cooled front seats along with heated steering pretty much filled my needs....lots of other features that I enjoyed...the foot activated rear hatch is a godsend...at first I thought it's a bit of a gimmick...but walk up to the rear with 3 bags of groceries in each hard and you really get to appreciate this feature....exterior noise levels are remarkably good, even at highway speeds.....overall, totally satisfied with the MKC....Looking forward to picking my new 2019 Nautilus in Ruby Red, hopefully Monday...

Congrats! and I'm jealous! Please let us know how you like it. Pros and cons? I still may get one next year.

2017 MKC Reserve AWD
White platinum w/Hazelnut leather interior
2.3L Ecoboost
Equipment group 300A
Technology Package (Sync 3 v3.0)
Climate package
18" Wheels

Built 1/27/17
post #6 of 13 Old 02-02-2019, 02:23 PM

So my 2019 Nautilus is finally home... LOVE IT....light years ahead of the already loaded MKC I had....WAY WAY more refined, the upgraded sound system is unreal, seats are just a total dream...very intuitive features throughout....like the added rear camera auto wash feature ( something that was a PITA in the MKC) flick of a stalk and instant clear vision....fully surround cameras, great safety feature....insanely quiet interior and VERY well appointed and thought out.....stellar front seats... and they reworked the heating issues that we all had with the MKC....these seats heat up FAST, and cool down instantly....I ordered this fully loaded....still in a learning curve....there is just so much to absorb and memorize.... The Ruby Red, although at a premium ( $700 feature ) is an incredible colour and the ash wood trim just elevates this interior to a whole new level of sophistication....I drove both engine versions, and found the 2.0L more than ample for my needs....it feels like my 2.3 MKC in sport more....excellent torque, so I went with the 2.0 ( this engine has been reworked and it's a lot more potent that the 2.0 in the MKC....also ordered the tow package from factory....engine is a 245-hp turbo four-cylinder, and it provides smooth acceleration and quiet operation. The optional engine is a twin-turbo 2.7-liter V-6 good for 335 horsepower; both it and the base engine pair with an eight-speed automatic with front-wheel drive; all-wheel drive is optional.I also got the all wheel drive package....body seams are insanely tight tolerance with no gaping gaps between doors and sheet metal.....totally happy with the new addition to my rides...in my personal opinion....I give this Nautilus a 9.9 out of a 10....The reviews I read on the V6 twin turbo are positive but penalized it for being quite thirsty....and I noticed this with the loaner the dealer allowed me to have for a couple of days.....highly recommended cross over....the added size is also very nice, lots of rear leg room for rear seated passengers!
TxTom, mrmikesdeuce and symetry like this.

Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
post #7 of 13 Old 02-03-2019, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Congrats 5.0 Candy on the Nautilus. You'll need to update your signature line :-)

2015 MKC
2.3L AWD
White Platinum Met Tri-Coat/White Sand Prem Lthr
Equip. Group 102A Reserve
Climate package
Technology package
20" aluminum wheels
Build 12/2014
Lease end 06/23/19 - car returned to Lincoln
post #8 of 13 Old 02-04-2019, 09:05 AM

Thanks Countryguy....I'd be doing that soon....loving this new ride....

Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
post #9 of 13 Old 02-05-2019, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Candy REDCS View Post
So my 2019 Nautilus is finally home... LOVE IT....light years ahead of the already loaded MKC I had....WAY WAY more refined, the upgraded sound system is unreal, seats are just a total dream...very intuitive features throughout....like the added rear camera auto wash feature ( something that was a PITA in the MKC) flick of a stalk and instant clear vision....fully surround cameras, great safety feature....insanely quiet interior and VERY well appointed and thought out.....stellar front seats... and they reworked the heating issues that we all had with the MKC....these seats heat up FAST, and cool down instantly....I ordered this fully loaded....still in a learning curve....there is just so much to absorb and memorize.... The Ruby Red, although at a premium ( $700 feature ) is an incredible colour and the ash wood trim just elevates this interior to a whole new level of sophistication....I drove both engine versions, and found the 2.0L more than ample for my needs....it feels like my 2.3 MKC in sport more....excellent torque, so I went with the 2.0 ( this engine has been reworked and it's a lot more potent that the 2.0 in the MKC....also ordered the tow package from factory....engine is a 245-hp turbo four-cylinder, and it provides smooth acceleration and quiet operation. The optional engine is a twin-turbo 2.7-liter V-6 good for 335 horsepower; both it and the base engine pair with an eight-speed automatic with front-wheel drive; all-wheel drive is optional.I also got the all wheel drive package....body seams are insanely tight tolerance with no gaping gaps between doors and sheet metal.....totally happy with the new addition to my rides...in my personal opinion....I give this Nautilus a 9.9 out of a 10....The reviews I read on the V6 twin turbo are positive but penalized it for being quite thirsty....and I noticed this with the loaner the dealer allowed me to have for a couple of days.....highly recommended cross over....the added size is also very nice, lots of rear leg room for rear seated passengers!
We have a 2019 MKC and a 2018 Audi Q5. Am looking ahead and will consider the Nautilus or maybe the Aviator in the future. There is a Canadian review of the Nautilus and one item they were critical of is the surround camera resolution...saying it is "low-res"unlike other luxury brands. What is your opinion of the camera resolution? Here's the link to the article: https://www.carscoops.com/2019/02/li...ive-ford-edge/. Thanks for any comments you care to make.
post #10 of 13 Old 02-06-2019, 04:35 PM

Its funny you mention the surround camera, simply because I was talking about it with my wife just yesterday.....personally, I have no idea what they are talking about when they say low resolution....I can spot a hair sitting behind me at 4 feet away hahaha.....the camera, in my view offers excellent resolution ( are they trying to compare it to a DSLR ? ) when you enter reverse you get a split screen; the entire rear and a clear view right around the entire car, birds eye view...you can toggle for just a full screen of the rear, or enlarged backing area....NO issues in the least, at least no issues as far as I am concerned regarding resolution...hope this gives you some insight about your concern!
TxTom likes this.

Leather ebony interior.
Climate package
Technology package
2.3L GTDI ecoboost.
Equipment Group 300A.
Silver rust protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page