Looking for honest opinions - Page 2 - Lincoln MKC Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 10-02-2019, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I got my 2016 MKC Reserve with 10,000 miles and have had to replace the battery 5 times, about every six months. I’m really concerned about keeping it after the warranty expires, although I love the car. They always tell me the battery had a bad cell, but 5 times? I’m afraid where it will leave me next.
post #12 of 15 Old 10-03-2019, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Clemmons View Post
I got my 2016 MKC Reserve with 10,000 miles and have had to replace the battery 5 times, about every six months. Iím really concerned about keeping it after the warranty expires, although I love the car. They always tell me the battery had a bad cell, but 5 times? Iím afraid where it will leave me next.
I am not sure why they replaced the batteries since you didn't mention the history leading to it being dead. It is not uncommon for 'battery drain' from his model and they had a firmware update to fix it. Ask if any TSB helps solve your issue.
I personally had the issue and I found this out because the car would sit for perhaps a week without being driven. They updated some firmware and replaced the battery. Not sure why they replace the battery but perhaps the car does damage to it. I might suggest you go to a different dealer if your not happy or call corporate if they are the only ones near you.
https://www.mkcforum.com/forum/linco...ain-cause.html
https://www.mkcforum.com/forum/linco...ory-power.html

2017 Burgundy MKC AWD Reserve 2.3L 20" rims, Tech Package, Climate Package,
post #13 of 15 Old 10-15-2019, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2017 with the same specs. Bought it off-lease w/ 18000 mi about 4 months ago for $29K. CPO so has the extra long warranty (6 yrs, 100,000 mi). I tried Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus, VW, Jeep, etc. Only the Lexus was as quiet but their high pitched turn signal click drove my hearing aids crazy. Lexus also rode a bit harsh. The MKC does have some wind noise unless you open a window before closing the doors. Wish it did the window opening automatically like my Mercedes CLK Cabrio.

Just made three trip to NC from FL in the last month. Put 6000+ miles on it. Ran and handled well even in the mountains. Got a bit over 26 mpg. My butt did get sore (seems to be a problem for me with leather seats) so I had to sit on a small seat cushion.

Things I don't like about it:

1. Heat from sun roof makes the AC work harder. and lets the car get hot when it sits in the sun. You can feel the heat coming off it. Had it tinted but didn't help much. Since I don't use it perhaps I will have it painted the same color as the car.

2. Stupid plastic chrome trim on the dash will blind you with glare if the sun is at the wrong angle. (Had the front door windows tinted which helped a bit but there is still a lot of glare)

3. Key fob should have an off switch. Had the fob in my pocket and managed one morning to open all of the windows and another time to open the rear hatch. Lucky it didn't rain and I was in a low crime area. I have a little pouch now to shield the fob but an off switch would be so much better.

4. Navigation repeats the same warning to obey traffic laws and follow the indicated route over and over again. Drives me crazy. Also it doesn't even allow the passenger to set the destination when you are moving. Its routes are not always the best and it doesn't seem to know about new roads. (Had it updated when we bought it). Going to be taking my old TomTom with me in the future.

2017 MKc AWD Reserve 2.3 L

18' wheels, Climate Package

post #14 of 15 Old 10-24-2019, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOODMKC View Post
Hello Sue, We got our 2016 last sept. with around 23,000 miles. We love it, It is my wifes daily driver to work,and it did very well in the snow with perrelli tires. No problems to speak of other the mirrors doing some wierd things sometimes at start up.
There is a TSB on this. Ours had the same problem.
post #15 of 15 Old 10-24-2019, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
There have been multiple tsbs. For us none worked. Maybe there is something newer.

2016 MKC - August 2015 build
Platinum White - Wht Sands/Espresso
Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
Premium Reversible Cargo Mat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement