LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 06-05-2019, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Looking for honest opinions

Good morning,

Am looking at 2016 MKC Reserve with 2.3 eco boost and all the bells and whistles other than towing hitch. Has 29,000 miles on it. Warranty good till March 2022. Have a perfectly fine car right now, so this is an emotional buy, not necessity. Looking for advice from current owners of same year. same model. Do you love it? What problems have you had? TIA.
kksam56 likes this.
post #2 of 15 Old 06-05-2019, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Hello Sue, We got our 2016 last sept. with around 23,000 miles. We love it, It is my wifes daily driver to work,and it did very well in the snow with perrelli tires. No problems to speak of other the mirrors doing some wierd things sometimes at start up.
kksam56 likes this.

Reserve -awd-tech pak-climate pak
post #3 of 15 Old 06-05-2019, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
The heated seats are pretty weak. I don't think it has heated side mirrors. I think only 2017 and up can get a free loaner when repair work is done. Unsure if 2016 has Sync 3 -- I think so. But have dealer update the software version prior to purchase.

My BEST advice is to take the VIN number in to the service bay area (lincoln or ford) and ask for an OASIS report. Tell them you're looking to see what service work has been done on it. You are looking for a very short list and with things on the list being of minor vs "transmission" work, "Electrical", etc... (my advice: walk away from cars with major work)

I used edmunds to value what I should be paying. I bought mine used (15 months old) for just under $31k, CPO. Based on age I assume the price should be around $22-24k

Good luck and tell us what you did do.
2015 MSM and kksam56 like this.

2017 Burgundy MKC AWD Reserve 2.3L 20" rims, Tech Package, Climate Package,

post #4 of 15 Old 06-07-2019, 04:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Own same model and year, I have had no issues with it at all. 2 minor complaints, well 3. As stated before the heated seats are a bit slow to heat up but the cooling part works fine. I find the seat bottoms could be about an inch or 2 longer but I have long legs, the wife has no issue with that. Lastly, I find the active noise cancelling hiss annoying, some people may hear it others don't. Other then those minor complaints my MKC's been great no issues and a blast to drive in sport mode.

2016 MKC Platinum Met Tri-Coat, 2.3L AWD, 300A, 18" Wheels Ebony Leather, Tech Pkg, Climate Pkg, THX
post #5 of 15 Old 06-07-2019, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprski View Post
Own same model and year, I have had no issues with it at all. 2 minor complaints, well 3. As stated before the heated seats are a bit slow to heat up but the cooling part works fine. I find the seat bottoms could be about an inch or 2 longer but I have long legs, the wife has no issue with that. Lastly, I find the active noise cancelling hiss annoying, some people may hear it others don't. Other then those minor complaints my MKC's been great no issues and a blast to drive in sport mode.
The only hiss I hear is from the seat coolers. Other than that we have enjoyed our 2016 reserve since new September 2015.

2016 MKC - August 2015 build
Platinum White - Wht Sands/Espresso
Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
Premium Reversible Cargo Mat
post #6 of 15 Old 06-07-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankster View Post
The only hiss I hear is from the seat coolers. Other than that we have enjoyed our 2016 reserve since new September 2015.
I actually hear that too but I have yet to not hear it in a car or suv with heated and cooled seats. I would tend to believe that for now it is just the way it is with the technology, so IMHO it's something I would not complain about but I understand why you do too.
kksam56 likes this.

2016 MKC Platinum Met Tri-Coat, 2.3L AWD, 300A, 18" Wheels Ebony Leather, Tech Pkg, Climate Pkg, THX
post #7 of 15 Old 06-11-2019, 11:08 PM

Same model, engine, mileage. We have had it less than a year and really like it. Turbo was the selling point for me. Traded an '06 Outback, no comparison ride and power. Very satisfied so far.
kksam56 likes this.
post #8 of 15 Old 06-12-2019, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had ours almost a year and put tons of miles on. My wife wanted her "new" car to have a nice interior. I steered her to the 2016 MKC used and CPO as I know how Lincoln's depreciate ( sorry but reality) and we could get a better deal than some of the other vehicles she was interested in. Ours was a executive driven with 27,000 miles ( we have almost 40,000 now) it is ok on hiway but a little choppy on bad roads with short wheel base ( I put the settings on comfort and it helps a lot). It gets great mileage if I keep my foot out of it ( I have the 2.0) and see high 20's on hiway. The only issue is a creak in the drivers door they can't get rid of. I personally am bothered by the hood fluttering on hiway with gusts and bumps. The sound of the heated cooled seats is surprising and it took me awhile to figure out it was normal but the radio drowns it out. We did pay for a CPO vehicle so basically payed more for that insurance at $30,000. But was a bit depressed that it still crashed significantly in the past year to trade in of 22-24,000. But as long as we are not upside down in payments, I'm ok. With the warranty to 6 years 100,000 with CPO we are not going to get rid of it anytime soon. Oh and do negotiate the sync update, our navy was way off on some things but even if you can't it is not hard to upgrade yourself if you have wifi close to the vehicle. ( our wifi reaches into our garage and can be set to update automatically.
kksam56 likes this.
post #9 of 15 Old 06-14-2019, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
The heated seats are pretty weak. I don't think it has heated side mirrors. I think only 2017 and up can get a free loaner when repair work is done. Unsure if 2016 has Sync 3 -- I think so. But have dealer update the software version prior to purchase.

My BEST advice is to take the VIN number in to the service bay area (lincoln or ford) and ask for an OASIS report. Tell them you're looking to see what service work has been done on it. You are looking for a very short list and with things on the list being of minor vs "transmission" work, "Electrical", etc... (my advice: walk away from cars with major work)

I used edmunds to value what I should be paying. I bought mine used (15 months old) for just under $31k, CPO. Based on age I assume the price should be around $22-24k

Good luck and tell us what you did do.
Love reading you feedback and advices Member:Buckeye's replies/advices are very useful
post #10 of 15 Old 06-14-2019, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Deutsch DeNardo View Post
Good morning,

Am looking at 2016 MKC Reserve with 2.3 eco boost and all the bells and whistles other than towing hitch. Has 29,000 miles on it. Warranty good till March 2022. Have a perfectly fine car right now, so this is an emotional buy, not necessity. Looking for advice from current owners of same year. same model. Do you love it? What problems have you had? TIA.
Hi Sue, How did you get the warranty to last till 2020? I thought the factory Warranty ends after 4 years/80000Kms on parts and 8 yrs/10000o Kms on Powertrain. Am i right? yr 2020 is 6 yrs from 2016; so i wonder which warranty you are referring about, if you could educate me on the types of warranty available, please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page