I was lucky to get my hands on the all-new Soliom G1 dual-camera dash camera. Either way, letís take a closer look at the G1 380 degree dual dashcam from Soliom.
Unboxing video: https://youtu.be/wBUD8HbfsF0
- The box comes with white and green color which looks attractive. It comes with Soliom dual dash cam, windshield mount, 12V power adapter, micro USB cable, USB card reader, Reset pin and User manual. The quality looks goods and premium feels while holding the device.
Design and Features- Soliom G1 is the first device I have reviewed which has two lenses, the most important things with the twin cameras, both records the resolution of Full HD which is not available with other brands cameras. The front camera that points out the windshield is fixed in one position and has a 190į lens that captures 1920◊1080 resolution. The camera comes with the black color soft coating with a medium in size.
How to install
- The procedure is simple as it is, all you need to fix the camera in a way that it would not block the view of the driver. You should mount the camera on the windshield in a proper angle. Both cameras have up and down adjustment so you can aim it how you'd like.*
LCD display and settings
- The display comes with 1.5-inch LCD display, the display is crisp and sharp which is easy to view from any angle. Thereís also a small power button, a status LED, and an emergency button which will lock the current video clip if you press it.
What I like
1. Records video from both angles, inside the car as well as outside the car
2. Both video in one split screen file
3. Impressive video capability
What Iíd change
1. Night vision capability could be better
2. Allow separate video files to be captured at once. One for inside and one for outside
3. Addition to 4K could provide four times better video quality than Full HD
4. Add wireless capability for offloading video without removing the camera or SD card
- I have enjoyed testing the Soliom G1 camera; the performance is exceptionally good although it lacks 4K support. Other than that I donít find any problem during recording. If youíre looking for a good and budget-friendly dash cam then Soliom G1 might be the best option for your car.