Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Recovery Points

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  MKC4ME 
#1 ·
2016 MKC Reserve 2.3L. Where are the recovery points? We live in snow country and started wondering what we would do if it got stuck. Optimum is to not put ourselves in a bad situation. Just doing a what if. Can't see any obvious points to attach a recovery strap/rope/chain, most underneath is plastic.

#6 ·
Thanks for the diagram. I checked in the back and there are holes up high where you could possibly hook on. I see why they say to us a T hook because the recovery strap would tend to put pressure on some points at the back of the vehicle. Still having trouble identifying the front cap, it must blend in but will look again now that I have the diagram. Hopefully will not have to use this info but it is good to know ahead of time. Really like the MKC but beginning to think it may not be the best option for this part of the country.

#8 ·
Are you in Canada or US? It may be a Canada thing. Many time there are variations between vehicles destined for Canada.

#11 ·
I am in Canada but don't see an access point on my 2017 Reserve. I do have the block heater but have never used it - weather where I am is similar to Michigan, only part of a day later. I also have the stronger battery, but it came with the auto-start-stop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.