Female Voice Activation vs Nav Voice - Lincoln MKC Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-25-2015, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Female Voice Activation vs Nav Voice

When I use my voice activation the female voice quality that asks me questions sounds clear & concise with good overall audio quality. However, once Navigation is in use and providing directions, the audio quality of the female voice sounds a little distorted, gravely and kind of like an old used dusty vinyl record...if you know what I mean. If the sunroof and windows are open and I raise the volume of the Nav, the distorted voice sounds even worse. Because the quality of the voices are considerably different, it seems as if there are two distinctly different systems at work here. The Nav voice quality is so poor that I'm a bit embarrassed when other people are in the car and hear this coming from an expensive, premium automobile. Anyone experience this problem? Anyone have any tips before I bring it to the dealership where they are sure to tell me they have no idea how to fix it? Next time you use your GPS, turn the volume up a little and see if you hear it. Perhaps it's just my sensitive hearing.

- Sapphire Metallic (Dark Blue) w/White Sand Leather
- Reserve Equip. Group
- 2.3 Engine/AWD
- Technology Pkg. & Climate Pkg.
- 19" Wheels
- Built 11-14

post #2 of 4 Old 08-26-2015, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
I've noticed the difference but don't view/hear it as an issue. The Nav System voice in my MKC is simply more of a computerized voice than the Voice Activation but I can clearly understand the directions.

2015 MKC FWD 2.0L, Reserve & Tech packs, THX, 19" wheels, Midnight Sapphire/White Sands-Espresso, Build: Feb 2015
BMW 750 Li
Chevy Malibu Limited LT
Mitsubishi 3000GT
post #3 of 4 Old 08-26-2015, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Have you had the chance to speak to your dealer about this to see what they had to say and if any possible fixes are in order?

post #4 of 4 Old 08-26-2015, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Not yet as I'm waiting until I have a good number of items on my list to take care of at one time...and I'm almost there. I don't particularly enjoy going back and forth to the dealership for one or two relatively minor items. If I had a major item, that would be different. Probably make an appointment for after Labor Day. Just wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing. To my ears there is a noticeable difference in audio quality between the two voices. My wife notices it as well, but to her it's not a big deal. It reminds me of how the GPS voices used to sound some 12+ years ago when the technology wasn't nearly as good.

- Sapphire Metallic (Dark Blue) w/White Sand Leather
- Reserve Equip. Group
- 2.3 Engine/AWD
- Technology Pkg. & Climate Pkg.
- 19" Wheels
- Built 11-14

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page