i had been meaning to get back here to share photos but I forgot. Hopefully these photos help.
1. start by pulling the door panel loose, there's a good grip location at the front of the door. pull there then pull across the bottom
2. pop out the insert in the door handle
3. remove the screw from behind the insert
4. pop out the window switch module then disconnect the wire harness
5. remove the bolt under the window switch module
6. lift the door panel up to remove it and then set it down. you do not need to disconnect the door handle cable
7. if you need to get behind the plastic sheet you can remove it by pulling it back slightly then cutting the black caulk stuff with a razor blade. it will reseal with just pressure when you are done
8. i found the loose bolt by wiggling my hand in the door behind the plastic sheet. the bolt happened to be under a little felt cover which i carefully removed with a razor blade.
then i tightened the bolt, replaced the felt sticker cover and put everything back like i found it.
last photo is all the tools i used for this job...easy peasy