Ordered an MKC Today... - Lincoln MKC Forum
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-18-2014, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ordered an MKC Today...

Just joined this group.

Ordered a 2015 MKC today, expected arrival in 6-8 weeks. Traded in my 2011 Jeep Wrangler. My other car is a 2013 MKZ-Hybrid, so I have become an all Lincoln Household!

MKC Spec's are:
Tuxedo Black Outside, Ebony Inside
2.0L FWD Ecoboost
Reserve Equipment Group 102A
Technology Package
Continuously Controlled Dampening
19" Premium Wheels
Climate Package
Enhanced THX Audio
Premium Cargo Mat

Pretty much every option available except the 2.3L AWD, the Trailer Tow Package and the Aluminum Trim inside.

When I ordered the MKZ-H last year, it took 8 weeks and 2 days. It's going to be a long 6-8 weeks waiting for my new baby.
humpty dumpty and psychoart like this.
KenZ is online now  
post #2 of 11 Old 06-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Senior Member
 
goepfrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: sedona
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I feel your pain
goepfrich is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 06-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
8 weeks is a bit of a wait, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. GLad to hear about people making orders and getting a time line on when to expect delivery.

Was it your MKZ that convinced you to stick with Lincoln for the MKC? What do you like best about your MKZ, and have you been affected by the lowered fuel economy rating on your MKZ?



Hunter090 is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 06-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Senior Member
 
humpty dumpty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
welcome the site and congrats on the purchase. I just love hearing things like "so I have become an all Lincoln Household!" it really shows the vibrancy and resurgance of such a storied brand
humpty dumpty is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 06-19-2014, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter090 View Post
8 weeks is a bit of a wait, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. GLad to hear about people making orders and getting a time line on when to expect delivery.

Was it your MKZ that convinced you to stick with Lincoln for the MKC? What do you like best about your MKZ, and have you been affected by the lowered fuel economy rating on your MKZ?
If it follows like the MKZ, the actual timeline will firm up in a week or so. My salesman is good about following up and adjusting my expectations.

The MKZ really did the trick for me on trusting Lincoln. It has been a great experience so far. I got it fully loaded with all the tech and luxury stuff - and all for a relatively reasonable price. My prior car had been an Acura which was more expensive and not nearly as tech heavy - and it took premium gas. The MKZ has put the joy back in driving for me.

What do I like best about the MKZ. Several things, the air conditioned seats are foremost. The Panoramic roof is probably the next thing. Then the tech stuff. The quiet ride, the comfort - frankly it is all good. I should probably do a commercial!

I have not been as severely affected as others by the lowered fuel economy rating. But, I also did not necessarily buy the car for fuel economy. I both it for looks and luxury and it was great that the Hybrid engine was at no additional cost over the Ecoboost engine and significantly less than the 3.7L engine. I also do not have expectations of consistently getting the EPA mileage. That said, my lifetime MPG (13 months - 12K miles) has been 41.9 MPG. The summer fill-ups have consistently been right at 43-45 MPG, the winter fill-ups were much lower at 36-40 MPG. The winter blend and cold weather (yes, we do get some cold weather in GA) really did affect the Hybrid engine.

When looking at the MKC, I decided to order one with all the goodies and not to compromise and buy off the lot. The total cost was a tad less than the MKZ - so that was a plus too!
KenZ is online now  
post #6 of 11 Old 06-19-2014, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humpty dumpty View Post
welcome the site and congrats on the purchase. I just love hearing things like "so I have become an all Lincoln Household!" it really shows the vibrancy and resurgance of such a storied brand
My dad would probably turn over in his grave if he knew. We were a Chevy household when I was growing up.

I've never owned a Ford/Lincoln product before the MKZ. In the last 10 years, my car has been a Chrysler, Acura and MKZ. Plus I have had 3 different Wranglers in the same time frame.

There is a lot to be said for the new Lincoln MKZ styling, it certainly caught my attention last year at the Atlanta car show and convinced me to buy. I also like the smaller car offerings Lincoln is producing. While I had not planned to trade in the Wrangler this year, the similar MKC styling sort of spoke to me. The MKC will let me carry "stuff" when I have to but enjoy a bit of luxury and comfort (unlike the Wrangler) at the same time.

Not knocking the Wrangler, I sort of feel like I am trading in my "man card" , but I have reached the point in my like where the luxury and comfort and better mileage (lifetime average on the Wrangler was right at 15 MPG) - outweighs everything else.
KenZ is online now  
post #7 of 11 Old 06-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Senior Member
 
humpty dumpty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenZ View Post
My dad would probably turn over in his grave if he knew. We were a Chevy household when I was growing up.

I've never owned a Ford/Lincoln product before the MKZ. In the last 10 years, my car has been a Chrysler, Acura and MKZ. Plus I have had 3 different Wranglers in the same time frame.

There is a lot to be said for the new Lincoln MKZ styling, it certainly caught my attention last year at the Atlanta car show and convinced me to buy. I also like the smaller car offerings Lincoln is producing. While I had not planned to trade in the Wrangler this year, the similar MKC styling sort of spoke to me. The MKC will let me carry "stuff" when I have to but enjoy a bit of luxury and comfort (unlike the Wrangler) at the same time.

Not knocking the Wrangler, I sort of feel like I am trading in my "man card" , but I have reached the point in my like where the luxury and comfort and better mileage (lifetime average on the Wrangler was right at 15 MPG) - outweighs everything else.
Man card? Just get a motorbike, far more manly than any 6 foot tall mud covered wrangler
humpty dumpty is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 06-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One thing I'm learning is to expect volatility with your delivery date. I was told June 29th about a week ago, June 23-25 yesterday and today, and as of 5 pm my date is July 6. Pretty annoying. I expect a day or two...but weeks?!
dmace0908 is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 06-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Irving, TX
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmace0908 View Post
One thing I'm learning is to expect volatility with your delivery date. I was told June 29th about a week ago, June 23-25 yesterday and today, and as of 5 pm my date is July 6. Pretty annoying. I expect a day or two...but weeks?!
Pre-ordered mine on 3/31, just got a call from the dealer that the VIN has been assigned (last 4-digits 9287) and production is planned for week of 14 July.
rbreeze likes this.
TxTom is online now  
post #10 of 11 Old 06-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Senior Member
 
goepfrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: sedona
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
Pre-ordered mine on 3/31, just got a call from the dealer that the VIN has been assigned (last 4-digits 9287) and production is planned for week of 14 July.
OUCH ! that's going to make my June 2nd order late August. I was told 6/8 weeks because pre-orders were put ahead of dealer inventory orders.
goepfrich is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome