post #1 of 6 Old 09-07-2014, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Our MKC has arrived!

After 9 1/2 weeks of anticipation, we traded in our 2003 Escape and picked up the MKC yesterday. The Escape gave us 11 trouble free years of service, but was getting a little temperamental in the last few weeks, so we weren't too sad to let it go.

The Ruby Red really is striking in person, especially when it's all shined up. My first impressions of the THX seems like it was worth the extra money. The bass is punchy, but definitely not as boomy as the THX system we tested in the MKZ. Clarity is remarkable even at low volumes.

EsJay, rocmkc, TxTom and 3 others like this.
post #2 of 6 Old 09-08-2014, 04:21 PM

Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawg View Post
After 9 1/2 weeks of anticipation, we traded in our 2003 Escape and picked up the MKC yesterday. The Escape gave us 11 trouble free years of service, but was getting a little temperamental in the last few weeks, so we weren't too sad to let it go.

The Ruby Red really is striking in person, especially when it's all shined up. My first impressions of the THX seems like it was worth the extra money. The bass is punchy, but definitely not as boomy as the THX system we tested in the MKZ. Clarity is remarkable even at low volumes.

That's BEAUTIFUL! I'm jealous. Six weeks and still waiting for me.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-09-2014, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I can't get enough of that red.
Just do yourself a favor and make it a habit to keep it out of direct sun light as sun does fade red like crazy.

post #4 of 6 Old 09-09-2014, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMarco View Post
I can't get enough of that red.
Just do yourself a favor and make it a habit to keep it out of direct sun light as sun does fade red like crazy.
Good to know. It will be garage kept and I live in upstate NY. For once, there is an up side to living in a city with 200+ cloudy days a year.
rocmkc likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-09-2014, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Looks great.I think my favorite colors on the MKC are the red and the blue. How do you find the noise reduction? Is it a quiet ride?

post #6 of 6 Old 09-09-2014, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter090 View Post
Looks great.I think my favorite colors on the MKC are the red and the blue. How do you find the noise reduction? Is it a quiet ride?
Thanks, we really like the red too.

I do think the noise reduction is pretty good. The dealership is on a pretty busy street and the whole time the salesperson was going over the features, I was impressed that I could not hear any noise from the traffic driving by. No noticeable wind noise either at highway speeds. I will say that the engine noise is a little buzzier sounding on the 2.3 than the 2.0, which translates to a little louder cabin. I have tried to listen to pick up the noise cancellation from the audio system, but I haven't been able to yet -- I guess that's a good thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page