Our MKC has arrived! - Lincoln MKC Forum
 7Likes
  • 6 Post By kdawg
  • 1 Post By kdawg
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-07-2014, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Our MKC has arrived!

After 9 1/2 weeks of anticipation, we traded in our 2003 Escape and picked up the MKC yesterday. The Escape gave us 11 trouble free years of service, but was getting a little temperamental in the last few weeks, so we weren't too sad to let it go.

The Ruby Red really is striking in person, especially when it's all shined up. My first impressions of the THX seems like it was worth the extra money. The bass is punchy, but definitely not as boomy as the THX system we tested in the MKZ. Clarity is remarkable even at low volumes.


EsJay, rocmkc, TxTom and 3 others like this.
kdawg is offline  
post #2 of 6 Old 09-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawg View Post
After 9 1/2 weeks of anticipation, we traded in our 2003 Escape and picked up the MKC yesterday. The Escape gave us 11 trouble free years of service, but was getting a little temperamental in the last few weeks, so we weren't too sad to let it go.

The Ruby Red really is striking in person, especially when it's all shined up. My first impressions of the THX seems like it was worth the extra money. The bass is punchy, but definitely not as boomy as the THX system we tested in the MKZ. Clarity is remarkable even at low volumes.


That's BEAUTIFUL! I'm jealous. Six weeks and still waiting for me.
M-E-L is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 09-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I can't get enough of that red.
Just do yourself a favor and make it a habit to keep it out of direct sun light as sun does fade red like crazy.



DeMarco is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 Old 09-09-2014, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMarco View Post
I can't get enough of that red.
Just do yourself a favor and make it a habit to keep it out of direct sun light as sun does fade red like crazy.
Good to know. It will be garage kept and I live in upstate NY. For once, there is an up side to living in a city with 200+ cloudy days a year.
rocmkc likes this.
kdawg is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 09-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Looks great.I think my favorite colors on the MKC are the red and the blue. How do you find the noise reduction? Is it a quiet ride?



Hunter090 is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 09-09-2014, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter090 View Post
Looks great.I think my favorite colors on the MKC are the red and the blue. How do you find the noise reduction? Is it a quiet ride?
Thanks, we really like the red too.

I do think the noise reduction is pretty good. The dealership is on a pretty busy street and the whole time the salesperson was going over the features, I was impressed that I could not hear any noise from the traffic driving by. No noticeable wind noise either at highway speeds. I will say that the engine noise is a little buzzier sounding on the 2.3 than the 2.0, which translates to a little louder cabin. I have tried to listen to pick up the noise cancellation from the audio system, but I haven't been able to yet -- I guess that's a good thing.
kdawg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome