Lincoln MKC Forum banner

New Center Stage

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  NO ESCP 
#1 ·
Last weekend I got my new 2015 MKC. 2.0 FWD. The MKC was "built" 9/15/15 so while it appears to be two years old, it is actually only 9 months old. The dealer had amazing discounts to move this old vehicle since it was sharing space with many 16s and 17s.

I have been wanting one since I first saw the brochures. From reading other posts I have the following comments: I love the black headliner and upper panels, no generic off white and with the all black interior- any gaps between the panels are not visible (gaps bother me); on the trip home I went from sea level to over 4,000 feet in a few minutes time with plenty of power to spare and the vehicle is so quiet and smooth with confident handling; the cloth seat inserts sort of change color depending on the angle you look at them; there is plenty of leg room for me the driver; I love the adaptive cruise control and the thing that forces you to stay in your lane; the touchscreen Sync is easy for me to use, I don't understand all the many car magazine's complaints?

Maybe since I have redundant controls, that helps. The touch screen is so much more intuitive and clear when compared to the 2010 MKX I traded in.

I now have the standard sound system, no THX, and it sounds great. I mostly listen to talk shows, old CDs and oldies so it is more than sufficient. The remote starting of the a/c is perfect living in the desert.

I got an amazing deal on this MKC and if you can see the rear plate, their website still lists a 2015 with THX and the Island interior. The Island is a beautiful two tone and any photos don't do it justice like seeing in person. However I have been set on the Center Stage. The dealer was wonderful- I arrived at 9 and was on the road by 1.
By the time I got home (4.5 hour drive) I was confident I made the right decision. This vehicle is loaded with all the tech and features I wanted.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Great pics of a really nice ride, congrats....my exact sentiments, I love my 2016 MKC 2.3....sweetly loaded with a completely black interior, including headliner...

Reactions: 2015 MSM
#5 · (Edited)
April Fools Car

You are correct. I double-checked the paper window sticker and my car was "built" on April 1, 2015 so it is 14 months old. The door jamb sticker shows 4-15.

Still new to me.

When looking at the on-line window sticker a couple of weeks ago it said 09-15-15, maybe that was when the digital version of the sticker was created.

Would any of you be afraid to buy a car built on April Fools Day? I should have asked for a bigger discount.

I just read in the manual (and tested it) that there is a raised set of ribs on the top of the outside door handles and if I have the fob with me I can touch that spot to easily lock all the doors- in addition to the other ways to do so. A lot to learn.

Yesterday I installed a set of the stainless steel bright trim strips for exterior door handles custom for the MKC and they really add to the look.

#6 ·
The million $ question is: will the bright stainless strips effect the electronic door handles?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.