• 1 Post By MKC4ME
  • 2 Post By KenZ

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-15-2018, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SubVette Send a message via MSN to SubVette Send a message via Yahoo to SubVette
(Thread Starter)
2019 MKC Reserve

So far so good. This is my first new US branded vehicle in 15 years, One of the reason I leased instead of purchasing. If it turns o9ut to be issue prone I can dumop it.

On the other hand, where will anyone get a $399/36 lease with zero down on a well optioned $46K vehicle? The lease payment was key in my decision. Having the MKC for a few miles now, I enjoy it. I did buy and connect a trickle charger to it when parked in the garage since I don't drive it but a few times a week.

MKC4ME, pdqgp and WOODMKC like this.

2019 Lincoln MKC Reserve
MKC Climate Package
MKC Technology Package

Enhanced THX II Certified Audio System
19-inch Machined Aluminum Wheels with Premium Painted Pockets
post #2 of 4 Old 11-15-2018, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
SubVette:

If you keep your MKC in the garage you should make sure you keep the keys far enough away, say at least 15 feet to prevent the approach and interior lighting from cycling on and off. That is the usual cause of premature battery drain.

Being aware of this issue, I keep a portable power pack that can be charged from a USB socket in my vehicle. I haven't had to use it in a year and a half with the MKC but have used it a couple of times to boost other vehicles. That's an easier solution than connecting and disconnecting a trickle charger.

I live in a colder climate than you and haven't had any starting issues with my MKC left outside for a few days in cold winter temperatures.
kksam56 likes this.

2017 Lincoln MKC Reserve 2.0T AWD
Palladium White Gold with Cappuccino Interior
Tech Package, THX and Towing Package
Built 2017-03-22

Last edited by MKC4ME; 11-15-2018 at 03:52 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
post #3 of 4 Old 11-16-2018, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKC4ME View Post
SubVette:

If you keep your MKC in the garage you should make sure you keep the keys far enough away, say at least 15 feet to prevent the approach and interior lighting from cycling on and off. That is the usual cause of premature battery drain.

Being aware of this issue, I keep a portable power pack that can be charged from a USB socket in my vehicle. I haven't had to use it in a year and a half with the MKC but have used it a couple of times to boost other vehicles. That's an easier solution than connecting and disconnecting a trickle charger.

I live in a colder climate than you and haven't had any starting issues with my MKC left outside for a few days in cold winter temperatures.
Or just don't lock it in the garage. I used to lock it in the garage so the mirrors would fold in and give me more room between the cars in the garage. I had problems with where my keys were hanging just inside the house - on cycling the approach lighting. I started keeping the keys in my pocket and the approach lighting would cycle on every time I went into the dining room/kitchen (directly above the garage), home theatre (directly beside the garage), or home office (directly behind the garage). Had a dead battery once and then I learned! I learned to just not lock the car in the garage and fold the mirrors in manually with the button. No problems since.
symetry and SubVette like this.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-16-2018, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SubVette Send a message via MSN to SubVette Send a message via Yahoo to SubVette
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKC4ME View Post
SubVette:

With the 19 I hope they fixed the battery drain due to walk up lamps.

We also have a portable jumper in all our vehicles. The trickle charger should eliminate any phantom battery drags from my key being about 15 feet away behind a closed door. When I open the door and wave the key inside the garage the walk up lamps light up.

2019 Lincoln MKC Reserve
MKC Climate Package
MKC Technology Package

Enhanced THX II Certified Audio System
19-inch Machined Aluminum Wheels with Premium Painted Pockets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page