3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 03-19-2014, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
My Lincoln MKC

So I've just played with the configurator and built what I think will end up being my final build, barring color of course...

MKC AWD 2.3L
Tahitian Pearl
Reserve Group
19" Premium Painted Aluminium 5 Spoke Wheels

White Sands Leather
Climate Package

Base MSRP: $39,965
Total of Options: $4,680
Destination Charges: $895
Estimated Selling Price: $45,540

Net Price: $45,540
Down Payment: $10,000

Amount Financed: $35,540

Monthly Payment: $671 (Based on 60 month finance and 5% APR)

BTW I want these wheels from the red MKC shown at Chicago. Anyone know when they could become available?

post #2 of 27 Old 03-19-2014, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Same exact equipment as mine but different colors. I'm leaning toward Smoke Quartz over White Sands/Espresso. I'm considering the THX system, too. It sucks that I'll have a portable GPS stuck to the windshield, but I have yet to find a factory GPS that works for sh!t, although I've heard good things about Chrysler's U Connect.

Those wheels might not be a standalone option. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to pony up for the Black Label package to get them. That would certainly explain why they aren't up on the configurator yet. I hope I'm wrong.
post #3 of 27 Old 03-20-2014, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
Same exact equipment as mine but different colors. I'm leaning toward Smoke Quartz over White Sands/Espresso. I'm considering the THX system, too. It sucks that I'll have a portable GPS stuck to the windshield, but I have yet to find a factory GPS that works for sh!t, although I've heard good things about Chrysler's U Connect.

Those wheels might not be a standalone option. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to pony up for the Black Label package to get them. That would certainly explain why they aren't up on the configurator yet. I hope I'm wrong.
I'l probably make the final decision on THX in the dealership. I'd like to have some seat time with the upgraded system and the stocker side by side. If there is a noticeable difference I will certainly take the upgrade, we'll see...

As for the wheels our theory is certainly plausible, because if it is a Black Label Option it would fit with the info provided here by @AMullaly https://www.mkcforum.com/forum/lincol...abel-info.html

Quote:
the BL option is not going to available until after 1st of year (2015) and only in test markets LA, Chicago, Dallas, NYC and Miami. these are the tentative locations.."
Considering the red was shown at Chicago...

post #4 of 27 Old 03-20-2014, 11:45 AM

671... hope there are some discounts though i kind of doubt it being a new hot car
post #5 of 27 Old 03-20-2014, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfball View Post
671... hope there are some discounts though i kind of doubt it being a new hot car
I know for a fact they will try to milk people as much as they can until sales start dying down, then when they need something to boost sales....expect discounts

post #6 of 27 Old 03-21-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpty dumpty View Post
I'l probably make the final decision on THX in the dealership. I'd like to have some seat time with the upgraded system and the stocker side by side. If there is a noticeable difference I will certainly take the upgrade, we'll see...

As for the wheels our theory is certainly plausible, because if it is a Black Label Option it would fit with the info provided here by @AMullaly https://www.mkcforum.com/forum/lincol...abel-info.html

Considering the red was shown at Chicago...
Good news ... the 20" wheels are shown in the dealer's Package Guide as a standalone option on the 2.3L AWD in Reserve trim. I scanned the guide, but it's way too large to upload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfball View Post
The Sales Manager expects discounts to be minimal - maybe a $1,000 or a little more initially. It looks like average discounts on the MKZ are still around $1,500 after all this time on the market, so that certainly makes sense. Assuming the MKC has a successful launch with few mechanical issues, selling the car closer to MSRP should help the car maintain higher resale values. Everybody likes a discount, but it doesn't do us a lot of good if the resale value drops accordingly. Overall ownership cost is far more important to me than acquisition cost. They are currently running 0% APR for up to 60 months, which is a great incentive that won't negatively affect resale values.
humpty dumpty likes this.
post #7 of 27 Old 03-21-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
Good news ... the 20" wheels are shown in the dealer's Package Guide as a standalone option on the 2.3L AWD in Reserve trim. I scanned the guide, but it's way too large to upload.

The Sales Manager expects discounts to be minimal - maybe a $1,000 or a little more initially. It looks like average discounts on the MKZ are still around $1,500 after all this time on the market, so that certainly makes sense. Assuming the MKC has a successful launch with few mechanical issues, selling the car closer to MSRP should help the car maintain higher resale values. Everybody likes a discount, but it doesn't do us a lot of good if the resale value drops accordingly. Overall ownership cost is far more important to me than acquisition cost. They are currently running 0% APR for up to 60 months, which is a great incentive that won't negatively affect resale values.
Thanks HotRod! Any chance you could snap a photo for us? Hi res scans would be nice but anythings better than nothing Did you try uploading to say photobucket or even Tumblr?
post #8 of 27 Old 03-21-2014, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Even with discounts being minimal, at least it's something, some sort of discount. better than paying in full and not getting anything back

post #9 of 27 Old 03-25-2014, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
so what does everyone elses builds look like?? Post em up
post #10 of 27 Old 03-25-2014, 05:54 PM

im kind of hoping the red from the concept will also be available for sale

but im having my doubts at this moment.