10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 Old 05-13-2014, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pre-Order Experience

For anyone who has preordered- what has your experience been like afterwards? My dealer received a confirmation which he forwarded to me. Lincoln concierge can see that my order has been placed, but they have no further information about build dates or when to expect delivery other than "summer."

How long has it taken anyone to receive additional communication after the preorder date?

At this point, I'm nervous mine will be delivered after the current incentives run out. I hope that the next set is at least the same, if not better.
post #2 of 41 Old 05-13-2014, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmace0908 View Post
For anyone who has preordered- what has your experience been like afterwards? My dealer received a confirmation which he forwarded to me. Lincoln concierge can see that my order has been placed, but they have no further information about build dates or when to expect delivery other than "summer."

How long has it taken anyone to receive additional communication after the preorder date?

At this point, I'm nervous mine will be delivered after the current incentives run out. I hope that the next set is at least the same, if not better.
I preordered a 2.3 AWD Reserve MKC on 3/31/14, with an order number established that same day. Since then have received the same "status" as you...it's in the system, awaiting a week to be scheduled for production. Last week my Sales person checked his dealer inventory vehicles on order and found three 2.0 FWDs are to be built today (5/13), a 2.0 AWD next week or so, and no 2.3 AWDs scheduled yet. He said customer orders will be phased in once all start-up quality has been 100%...running production three weeks without any issues. Production supposedly started 4/21/14.

Concierge calls every two weeks as promised, but really doesn't seem to have anything to report until the unit is scheduled for production. I'm told new scheduling happens on Thursdays, so a good time to have your dealer check the order status is probably Fridays. I plan to check mine this Friday.

Hope this helps. I would guess the incentives will extend as most car incentives do...until sales exceeds some magic number...whatever that is for the MKC.

What model (2.0 FWD or AWD, or 2.3 AWD) did you order? And when?

Tom
humpty dumpty likes this.
post #3 of 41 Old 05-13-2014, 03:47 PM

I just placed my order last week, 5/6/14.

I was told I'll get an email every two weeks or so with an update. They have nothing to tell me at this point.

I ordered a 2.3 AWD as well.

post #4 of 41 Old 05-13-2014, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I ordered a 2.0 FWD Reserve on Friday, 5/9, after weeks of back and forth through email with my dealer. I'm just curious what others are seeing so far. Good to know that we're hitting that 3 week mark now. I hope there weren't any issues.

I suppose it's time to try and wait patiently. Luckily, a local dealer is getting 2 this Friday for display. They're putting on a catered/open bar/invite only event to show them off.
post #5 of 41 Old 05-13-2014, 09:48 PM

I ordered my MKC the week of St. Patricks Day. That's when my dealer (working with for 14 years) called to say that they were ordering their first inventory. The following week they contacted me to say Lincoln wanted my drivers license number to verify it was a customer order and that he wasn't just trying to get more inventory than his initial allotment. Two weeks later he called to say that I would receive it before the end of May as Lincoln notified him they were planning on fulfilling the initial customer orders early. I asked what happened to summer? Response was they learned a lesson with the MKZ rollout. Under promise and over deliver was the plan. We'll see. I'm not the kind to call and check frequently. Just happy when I get the call. Ordered 2.0 AWD Reserve
humpty dumpty likes this.
post #6 of 41 Old 05-14-2014, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
According to Donlen production began back on 04/21/14 Ford-Lincoln Trucks (Build Out Final Order Start Up Dates)
post #7 of 41 Old 05-14-2014, 11:32 AM

With that info, maybe I'll be lucky and get it this month. Thanks for the info!
post #8 of 41 Old 05-14-2014, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
There was a huge amount of inventory added to the lincoln website in my area. Went from 7 to 18 and 3 now showing for my dealership. Still no sign of mine though.
post #9 of 41 Old 05-14-2014, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmace0908 View Post
There was a huge amount of inventory added to the lincoln website in my area. Went from 7 to 18 and 3 now showing for my dealership. Still no sign of mine though.
What area do you live?
post #10 of 41 Old 05-14-2014, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTom View Post
What area do you live?
Central Florida. We're also getting MKCs in the area for viewing and test drives over the weekend. I'm ridiculously excited to finally see it.
TxTom likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page