Lincoln MKC & Costco Auto Program - Lincoln MKC Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-05-2014, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lincoln MKC & Costco Auto Program

Hey all! This will be my first post on these forums!

I'm in the market for a MKC. A nearby dealer has a model instock at $39,200 MSRP + tax (2.0L FWD, Select, Plat. White, White Sands, Vista Roof, Select Plus, Select Plus Discount). That dealer is selling at MSRP + tax, minus the $1100 Select Plus Discount, $1000 Comp. Conquest, and $750 Private Cash Offer, rounding out at about $41,9xx.xx

However, I noticed the MKC popped up onto the Costco Auto Program. Located my nearest participating dealer, the model closest to my specifications would be a White Plat 2.0L FWD w/ CCD, White Sands, Vista Roof, Select Plus, Select Plus Discount, and also the Climate Package. The MSRP on this unit is $40,850, however, Costco is claiming invoice is $38,820, which would make it cheaper than the lesser loaded model!

Anyway, my question is, do any of you know what discounts the Costco Auto Program offers, and would the Costco-dealer's more loaded unit end up cheaper than the non-Costco program dealer?

Thanks! Excited to be rolling in brand new wheels soon!
post #2 of 10 Old 07-06-2014, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm going to answer my own question here. Contacted Costco Auto Program, they found my dealer (an hour's drive away!) and they took the MSRP on the car ($40,850) and brought it down to the Costco-exclusive pricing of $38,998.60 before tax!

Costco is really helping me negotiate with dealers who are refusing to budge a cent off of MSRP. I took this Costco offer to another dealer who said they'd match it, even though they don't participate in the Costco Auto Program!
post #3 of 10 Old 07-06-2014, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The MKc I ordered with 2.3, AWD, Select group, THX ll and dest was $41,855.00 and with the Costco plan it is $39.848.00 and the employee discount AZ plan $38,178.00. I found this by going to Costco auto plans and building my MKc.
Hope this helps.

post #4 of 10 Old 07-06-2014, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I may need to get a Costco membership.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-06-2014, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONICART View Post
I may need to get a Costco membership.
The membership cost is somewhere in the 100 dollar ballpark, but if your dealers are unwilling to budge off of MSRP, your membership will pay for itself in just one purchase!
post #6 of 10 Old 07-06-2014, 07:26 PM

Once I get the membership, do I work directly through Costco for the discounted price or will they direct me to a dealership?
post #7 of 10 Old 07-06-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONICART View Post
Once I get the membership, do I work directly through Costco for the discounted price or will they direct me to a dealership?
They will direct you to the nearest dealer which participates in the Costco Auto Program. There are one or two contacts at that dealership who is a dedicated CAP trained employee. They have a special price for Costco members- it was 1,850 under MSRP for me.

However if that dealer is far away as they were, try calling your local dealer- they may price match the lower price even if they dont participate in the program, which is exactly what I did.

And if you haven't yet, you could also try AAA's carbuying service. Same concept as Costco- prenegotiated pricing, included with an AAA membership. But Costco membership has access to the bulk groceries which is nice too!

Last edited by ez117; 07-06-2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added AAA carbuying service
post #8 of 10 Old 07-06-2014, 09:40 PM

Ok. Thanks for the info!
post #9 of 10 Old 07-07-2014, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
FYI - also check with any local Credit Unions and Insurance Companies like USAA. They have good car buying help also.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-07-2014, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Thx for the info! Too late for negotiation on mine, but still quite interesting to build an MKC on the Costco site & see the dealer/msrp figures regarding each of the option pkgs. Actually, felt better about that whopping reserve pkg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page