LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-27-2015, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Dealer Complaint

At the risk of being labeled a snob I have bone to pick with the SCal Lincoln (really Ford) dealers. Salespeople and service are so focused on volume and trucks they can't listen to the differences required to compete with the likes of MB/BMW/Audi/etc.

My requirement is simple - Don't drill holes in the front bumper and attach those ugly plate brackets. I know, front plates are "required" in CA but having purchased and driven several without I'll take the chance for a better looking vehicle. Every MKC on the lots have been drilled and the sales folks say it's just the way management wants it done.

Anyone else perturbed by the mass-market mentality at Lincoln dealers?
post #2 of 3 Old 08-27-2015, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyMaker View Post
At the risk of being labeled a snob I have bone to pick with the SCal Lincoln (really Ford) dealers. Salespeople and service are so focused on volume and trucks they can't listen to the differences required to compete with the likes of MB/BMW/Audi/etc.

My requirement is simple - Don't drill holes in the front bumper and attach those ugly plate brackets. I know, front plates are "required" in CA but having purchased and driven several without I'll take the chance for a better looking vehicle. Every MKC on the lots have been drilled and the sales folks say it's just the way management wants it done.

Anyone else perturbed by the mass-market mentality at Lincoln dealers?
I have that same issue... here in Indiana we don't have front plates. If I am ordering a vehicle, I let the dealer know if they drill my bumper and put a plate on it... I won't accept it. I find it VERY aggravating that dealers default to doing that to a brand new vehicle. I don't care if the state has front plate requirements or not. Drilling the bumper on a brand new vehicle is plain stupid. Let the new owner decide what they desire to do about the front plate.

-Rayo

2016 MKC - Burgundy Velvet / Ebony
2.3L EcoBoost, Reserve 300A
Tech, Climate, Trailer, THX, 20"s
July 15, 2015 Build
post #3 of 3 Old 08-27-2015, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
In Ohio we require two plates, but our surrounding states of PA, IN and WV require only one plate. For the past 10 years, we have run both my wife's cars and my SUVs with only one plate and so far, either we are just lucky, or the police have bigger and better things to do. Several of our cars were purchased in nearby PA, so they never had the front plate bracket and we leave the plate in the trunk. Our story is going to be that we bought the car in PA, and the bracket was back-ordered and we forgot to pick it up.

When we drove Infinitis, my wife worried about no front plate (we didn't have the heart to drill holes in the front bumper), so I told her if she ever gets stopped to tell the officer that the car was purchased in PA (true) and had no bracket (true), but the dealer ordered one, but unfortunately it was sent by ship and the ship sunk on the way from Japan!

Ohio could save several million dollars a year if they went to one plate, but even last week there was a big article in the newspaper about the importance of a front plate. I am hoping that if we ever do get stopped for no front plate that we will get by with a warning. I agree 100% that front bumpers should not be drilled to hold a front plate, and when I become Governor of Ohio, this will be the first law that I will abolish.

Fred

2015 MKC Silver Sand, White Sand Interior, AWD, 2.3L,
102A Package (Nav, Power Liftgate, Heated & Cooled Front Seats),
19" premium 5 spoke wheels, Climate Package.
Car was special ordered in early/mid 2014.

Build Date 7/29/14. Delivery Date 8/16/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page