Terrible resale - Lincoln MKC Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 03-14-2019, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SubVette Send a message via MSN to SubVette Send a message via Yahoo to SubVette
(Thread Starter)
Terrible resale

LOL So I went to Carmax to get an offer for the car. They offered $26K....for a $46800 MSRP.

I was looking at Rangers and the Ford Lincoln Dealer offered me $36K Everyone else $25K. this for a car with a residual of $28K in two years!! LOL That's why I would never buy a Lincoln new or used.

Looking to get a Ranger. My Lincoln/Ford dealer offered $35K on a trade so $4000 upside down is not bad.

2019 Lincoln MKC Reserve
MKC Climate Package
MKC Technology Package

Enhanced THX II Certified Audio System
19-inch Machined Aluminum Wheels with Premium Painted Pockets

Last edited by SubVette; 03-14-2019 at 01:12 PM.
post #2 of 14 Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
That's one reason why I would only lease a Lincoln and get a very nice lease deal.
pdqgp and SubVette like this.

'19 Silver/Black Reserve
Technology Package/Climate Package
Enhanced THX II/19" Wheels
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat Silver/Black
post #3 of 14 Old 03-14-2019, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
reply to title of thread: Yup.
That is why I bought mine used ...18 months old for less than $31k. plenty of bumper to bumper left.

2017 Burgundy MKC AWD Reserve 2.3L 20" rims, Tech Package, Climate Package,

post #4 of 14 Old 03-17-2019, 06:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Here's a clue, ALL Luxury Cars and SUV depreciate at a rate faster than a regular car or SUV. Additionally CarMax is one of the worst places to sell your car or buy one, unless you need a fast sale.

One has a choice when buying vehicles, pay cash, my preferred method, buy and keep 8-10 years with loan, great when it is 0.0% no reason to pay cash or lease. 1 car payment, multiple car payments then done or lease forever, make a choice it is not hard and there are pros and cons to each, no method is superior to another either, it all depends upon your finical situation.

I personally do not like leasing, mainly I don't like the third party leasing company involved, it is not for me.
2015 MSM likes this.

2016 MKC Platinum Met Tri-Coat, 2.3L AWD, 300A, 18" Wheels Ebony Leather, Tech Pkg, Climate Pkg, THX
post #5 of 14 Old 03-17-2019, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via AIM to SubVette Send a message via MSN to SubVette Send a message via Yahoo to SubVette
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprski View Post
Here's a clue, ALL Luxury Cars and SUV depreciate at a rate faster than a regular car or SUV. Additionally CarMax is one of the worst places to sell your car or buy one, unless you need a fast sale.

One has a choice when buying vehicles, pay cash, my preferred method, buy and keep 8-10 years with loan, great when it is 0.0% no reason to pay cash or lease. 1 car payment, multiple car payments then done or lease forever, make a choice it is not hard and there are pros and cons to each, no method is superior to another either, it all depends upon your finical situation.

I personally do not like leasing, mainly I don't like the third party leasing company involved, it is not for me.
I don't lease Toyotas. Also I pay cash (unless I can get a 2% or less rate) Toyota has the best resale. I traded a 2016 4runner for a new one and paid $5000 TOTAL negative equity to get into a like 2017. Also did the same with a Tacoma.

I was not prepared for a $20K depreciation in 6 months LOL.

My local dealer offered $35000 on trade. I owe $38600. My lease is $399.

The reason I leased the Lincoln is because it has horrible resale.I did not think HOW horrible LOL. I would never buy a domestic. The MKC was a great lease deal. My local dealer will get me out of it when they get a Ranger optioned as I want.

2019 Lincoln MKC Reserve
MKC Climate Package
MKC Technology Package

post #6 of 14 Old 03-17-2019, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprski View Post

How many new $46K luxury vehicles (Lincoln is tier 2 luxury) lose $20K off sticker in 6 months?
That's worse than Hyundai resale.

I only leased one because the incentives were excellent because Lincoln's don't sell.
Not many, if any $46K luxury vehicles you can lease with less than $1K out of pocket and $400 a month.
SubVette likes this.

'19 Silver/Black Reserve
Technology Package/Climate Package
Enhanced THX II/19" Wheels
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat Silver/Black
post #7 of 14 Old 03-17-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbon View Post
How many new $46K luxury vehicles (Lincoln is tier 2 luxury) lose $20K off sticker in 6 months?
That's worse than Hyundai resale.

I only leased one because the incentives were excellent because Lincoln's don't sell.
Not many, if any $46K luxury vehicles you can lease with less than $1K out of pocket and $400 a month.
IF I had to pay cash for a vehicle, it would not be a Lincoln. I would rather pay cash for Toyotas and lease domestic cars. No way would I want to own a Lincoln new or used. Especially after seeing the resale value. I expected $4-5000 loss. LOL Thankfully it's only $399.46 a month.

I feel bad for the dealer who gets the Lincoln back as it has a $28K residual. When lease is up I may buy a 2019 used RX350 or Acura RDX for that kind of money

2019 Lincoln MKC Reserve
MKC Climate Package
MKC Technology Package

post #8 of 14 Old 03-18-2019, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Traded it on a Ranger. FAR cry from other dealers who offered $26K INstead I got $35000 for the Lincoln. I was $4800 upside down. MUCH better than $26K. The Lincoln was a place holder for the Ranger now that they are available.

2019 Lincoln MKC Reserve
MKC Climate Package
MKC Technology Package

post #9 of 14 Old 03-18-2019, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
You're always going to get a horrible trade in value from CarMax or similar. Only Ford or Lincoln would give you slightly better acceptable trade in value (because they will CPO it) but I was surprised you were offered $36 for it. If you want the max amount possible why not find someone to assume the lease. Then it could be a zero dollar hit on your wallet. Lincoln should allow it, especially if they know you're planning to get another Ford product.

2017 Burgundy MKC AWD Reserve 2.3L 20" rims, Tech Package, Climate Package,
post #10 of 14 Old 03-19-2019, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not many vehicles hold their value, just nature of the game. I buy them 3 years old as I did my MKC. Paid $19k last August out the door for a 2015 Reserve with cash and the window sticker was ~$44k.

Honestly, buying a rapidly depreciating asset like a vehicle is generally a terrible financial decision. That's why places like fair.com and hyrecar and the like will take over the world. At least until autonomous driving is good enough where they legislate away your ability to drive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page