2015 MKC: Ford Recalls 830K Vehicles to Replace Side-Door Latches - Page 2 - Lincoln MKC Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 Old 08-10-2016, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnkisaPOS View Post
Talk to Lincoln about that.. not "cutting losses" not taking a loss shouldn't have to...

Why don't you all set up a gofundme page and send us a check for the purchase price of the car..we will "cut our losses" in the form of not charging for all the time. mileage, and gas, defamation, and emotional distress un necessarily bestowed upon my wife the last 20 months for giving Lincoln and the dealership her business/money.

When you get to 49K let me know and Ill send you our address...
<Yet another personal attack deleted>

Last edited by FloridaMatt; 08-10-2016 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Enough of this
post #12 of 31 Old 08-10-2016, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
<response to personal attack, which contained a quote of the personal attack, deleted>

Last edited by FloridaMatt; 08-10-2016 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Also enough
post #13 of 31 Old 08-10-2016, 04:26 PM
Banned

Certain people can't handle the truth about Lincoln so a personal attack is their only recourse...
Listen, I cant change Lincoln and what they do and the quality of their cars...neither can you, no one can but Lincoln if they wish...but hiding things is a better option for them they feel.

Read facebook and other forums and you will see I am not some "lone wolf" and the "only one" or an "over complainer" ....nor do I speak anything that is untrue.
Its out there for people to see just try opening up your eyes.....you just don't like that I point it out. And Lincoln hides the majority of it in any way they can, don't be so na´ve...
Ill admit I was until this happened to us..

Lincoln has major issues with dealers, cars, and recalls (they were going out of business for a reason) and IMO the way they(don't hit me with the "every manufacturer blah blah" I'm talking about Lincoln) handle it is absolute BS, that's a fact for us. You are entitled to your opinion as well. Don't turn it into personal attack, act appropriately.

post #14 of 31 Old 08-10-2016, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Please stay on topic, the topic is the recall. I have not yet received a notice, and don't know if mine is even included at this time...

post #15 of 31 Old 08-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Banned

<stop it!>

Last edited by FloridaMatt; 08-10-2016 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Absolutely uncalled for
post #16 of 31 Old 08-10-2016, 08:03 PM
Banned

Hmmmm. My wife never received a recall notice either...know why ?

Because her modem and app have been broken for over a year without a care from Lincoln.

You all will receive notification through your Lincoln app and owners account. My wife doesn't get to have that functioning, recalls or ANY notifications about her car like you all get to enjoy.....she just gets an error that recall and notifications don't work. Awesome!

So had it not been for this forum, my son could fall out of the car and be seriously hurt or killed. Now the car is useless to my wife and not drivable and I get to keep paying for it. Awesome again!

No recall notification to us. No dealer and not a care from Lincoln either.
Triple awesome!
post #17 of 31 Old 08-10-2016, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015 MSM View Post
Please stay on topic, the topic is the recall. I have not yet received a notice, and don't know if mine is even included at this time...

Funny you tell me again- You and Todd took the thread off topic, go back and reread. All of my posts have been about the recall except for responding to your inappropriate comments.
post #18 of 31 Old 08-10-2016, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnkisaPOS View Post
Because that is the position LINCOLN put her in..on purpose

like that....

and the thread is not about dealers, care to start one? Ill be happy to add my 2 cents :-)
I still do not understand, perhaps I'm dense. You are stating that Lincoln (or a dealer) has told you or your wife to NOT bring your MKC to a dealer to have a federally mandated recall performed?

Also, enough childish bickering about whether threads are off-topic. Nothing posted in this thread is even remotely off-topic (except for the whining about it being off-topic). We'll let you know if a thread is off-topic.
post #19 of 31 Old 08-11-2016, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd92 View Post
How is it that you have no dealer to take it to?
Not sure how the quoted post has anything to do with door latch recall?

It's more than remotely off topic. It's not about the door latch recall its taking the thread off topic by baiting me with questions about the dealer which I've been clear I am unwilling to elaborate on at this time and definitely not in this thread.

I told you if you want to talk about dealers and that issue start a new thread about dealers.
This thread is clearly about the recall not my wife's dealer issues.
If I answer you then I'm making every thread about us right? then when it's clearly others I'm blamed for taking the thread off topic.

So my wife's car is affected by the recall and it's unsafe to transport our son.

Did everyone get notification in their app immediately?!?
This is a serious safety issue and how do they plan to let people know to get their cars in ASAP (not an option for us so our car can't be driven ). We would have never known had it not been for this forum and each day we weren't notified put my son in jeopardy. I still haven't even gotten a notice about the recall on the **** modem that's still broken. It came on the app when the recall was released but she never got a letter. Since her app/ modem/ notifications have been inoperable for 20 months I guess she would have never known and would still be driving my son around because she can't get any notifications/ info about the car.

Has anyone gotten any type of notification from Lincoln, their dealer, or the app on this serious safety issue recall?
post #20 of 31 Old 08-11-2016, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
The recall seems to be heat related and is specific to areas of the country:

"Interestingly, this recall will only apply to vehicles located in select areas around the country where ambient air temperatures are, on average, the highest in the country."

"The key factor to this recall is a high ambient temperature, so the vehicles recalled are only those which are or have been registered in select states with hotter climates. Right now, those locations are limited to Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington."

PS: Out Lincoln MKC has been defect free after a year of ownership and we really enjoy it. Also, the dealer (Lincoln only) has been fantastic.

2016 MKC - August 2015 build
Platinum White - Wht Sands/Espresso
Reserve 300 AWD
2.3 Ecoboost
Sync 3
20" Wheels
Technology Package
Climate Package
All Weather Floor Mats
Premium Reversible Cargo Mat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement