Lincoln MKC Quality/Issues Thread - Page 11 - Lincoln MKC Forum
 59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 165 Old 05-17-2015, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am an MKC owner with a similar issue. I have not yet experienced a stall but the rough idles are getting worse and the car has almost stalled on a couple of occasions. Was the cause for your vehicle's problem ever found?
post #102 of 165 Old 06-16-2015, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenko View Post
Thanks golferman44. Good to know that other MKCs don't exhibit this problem. It looks like there may be batches of glove boxes that have this defect. I believe that the material that is "flocked" on in fibers did not adhere effectively or that there was excess material sprayed on. Will see what the dealership is going to do. College Ford is actually a good dealership and takes care of problems as they come up. The Service people took photos of the black material on our hands and fingers which was submitted to the Hotline. The "normal" answer comes from the Ford Hotline.
College Ford had me come back and they scotch guarded the glove box, console and the small compartment at the front of the console and this seems to have eliminated the loose flocking.
post #103 of 165 Old 06-23-2015, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am having problems with my new MKC with 'No Key Detected". It wont start right away and I have to wait 15-20 minutes. it has been in the shop twice and I was given new key Fobs. 3 days later the problem persist, of course not in the dealership! so my new car has been in the shop almost 2 weeks out of the 10 I owned it!
JefffromNH likes this.

post #104 of 165 Old 06-23-2015, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccyndy1022 View Post
I am having problems with my new MKC with 'No Key Detected". It wont start right away and I have to wait 15-20 minutes. it has been in the shop twice and I was given new key Fobs. 3 days later the problem persist, of course not in the dealership! so my new car has been in the shop almost 2 weeks out of the 10 I owned it!
To always have to plan for15-20 minutes just to get your car started wouldn't work too well for anyone. I hope they find the problem and fix it for you soon. Are they giving you service orders each time you've brought it in? To have had it in the shop 20% of its life (up to this point) is a lot.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
White Platinum Exterior /White Sands Interior
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

Build Date: 11/20/14
post #105 of 165 Old 07-06-2015, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
frustrating, my car is still at the dealership for a total of 21 days. suppose to get it back tomorrow! I hope this problem is solved. they really seem puzzled.
post #106 of 165 Old 07-18-2015, 02:20 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenko View Post
College Ford had me come back and they scotch guarded the glove box, console and the small compartment at the front of the console and this seems to have eliminated the loose flocking.
Well, now noticed that the part of the rear spoiler that comes down onto the back hatch window on the driver's side is coming off the window (poor quality control). Took it in today as Ford's remedy was to take it into a glass shop to adhere this back onto the window. Service rep called me and it looks like they tried to glue it back with some sort of white glue ON A BLACK CAR!!!!, and made a mess of this job and not only that, they spilled some sort of cleaner on the hatch top which destroyed and ate off a large section of the paint off the hatch spoiler. I am not happy!!!!!!!!!!. They want to repaint this damage. I am insisting that this part be replaced with a factory painted spoiler or hatch as the car is virtually new with under 3 K kliks (under 2k miles) on it. Looks like a big fight coming up judging from the song and dance I am getting so far.
post #107 of 165 Old 07-18-2015, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccyndy1022 View Post
I had the same problem with my wife's 2014 MKZ and later with my 2015 MKC. I called the dealer and he said I may have a dead battery. Seems too soon for that and unusual that it hit two cars, and the problem later went away. Luckily when this did occur, each of our cars was in our garage at home - at least not in a shopping mall parking lot at night.

I have an electrical background, and find that many problems of battery operated devices (such as flashlights, etc.) are due to a bad connection between the battery terminals and the device. (Same thing happens if we have a loose battery cable). Anyhow, here is what I did for both of our cars, which so far seems to have solved the problem:

I disassembled the key fob (kind of tricky to get the second section that holds the batteries out). I first very slightly pulled up on the small flat spring tabs that touched the first battery so as to put just a little more pressure on these springs against the battery.

The batteries are separated by a white insulation telling "change both batteries or something like that". What I then did was take a 3"x3" Postit Note and cut off the top 3/4" (adhesive end of Postit). I then four-folded this together into a 3/4" x 3/4" square, and with a pair of scissors, cut this square folded part into a circle that is slightly smaller than the 3/4" diameter battery (cut to about 11/16" diameter). I then I inserted this section on top of the white insulation tab between the two batteries, so as to apply just a very little additional pressure between the top battery and the small flat spring tabs.

Reassembled the key fob, being careful to feel and hear both upper and lower sections click into the closed position. It seemed to fit tightly and was a little harder to get closed, which is good. So far, so good. I noticed that somewhere I read not to remove the grease on the battery, which I did not do.

How would you like to be a Service Manager and have this occur repeatedly with the same customer? Sometimes the simplest answer to a problem is not always replacement, but instead to use a little ingenuity.

Fritz

P.S. My son and I have a 50-vehicle antique and classic car museum in Canfield, Ohio........ Home ....... We often discover little things to keep our cars in running condition and this does not always include "replacement".

Last edited by FRITZ; 07-18-2015 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Typo error
post #108 of 165 Old 07-21-2015, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys,
Just wanted to share what I'm going through with our 15' 2.0 MKC. We purchased the car in the middle of June. I noticed a shutter at idle and when taking my foot off of the accelerator the car would jerk pretty heavily causing me to move back and forth in my seat. I brought it back to the dealer a week later. They were able to confirm the issue but it seemed to be minor so I told them if it got worse then I would bring it back. Sure enough, the car completely stalled out while I was attempting to turn left against on-coming traffic. I immediately brought it back to the dealer. They evaluated the car for a full week and replaced the low pressure fuel sensor along with a new sirius antenna (non related). I picked up the vehicle the following day and the car was driving perfectly for 4 days. Then just this weekend the car made another heavy jerk at idle and almost stalled out again.... Needless to say it is back in the dealership for the 2nd week now and we are beyond frustrated! Has anyone come across this problem? If so what was the solution?

I am very close to calling Lincoln and asking for my money back. So far the dealer has had the car longer than I have owned it. Less than 800 miles on the vehicle on my end... Can anyone help?

Thanks,
post #109 of 165 Old 07-28-2015, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Technical Service Bulletins

Have had my MKC for 6 weeks now and find it very "glitchy" ie; every couple days a relatively minor problem occurs, but then the next day it seems to fix itself....or sometimes it doesn't. Example - backing it out of the driveway the rear camera did not come on and the center stack screen was blank. Put car in drive, started to move forward and about 20 seconds later the screen came on as normal and it never did this again...that's what I mean by "glitchy".

I am making a list of these things and am sorry to say that after only 6 weeks and 500 miles the list has more items on it then it should. Thankfully they are all rather minor and are all related to the technology overload built into the MKC. Minus the technology, the basics - engine, ride, transmission, seats, fit and finish, etc are all fine.

Before I make my first visit to the dealer I wonder if someone on this forum can either reply to me with a list of the TSB's (including the #) they are aware of and what it is they fix, or post a link to MKC's TSB's (which I cannot find). My intuition tells me there are quite a few TSB's already in existence from Lincoln with many more to come until they get a handle on the quality control.
Thank you very much!

- Sapphire Metallic (Dark Blue) w/White Sand Leather
- Reserve Equip. Group
- 2.3 Engine/AWD
- Technology Pkg. & Climate Pkg.
- 19" Wheels
- Built 11-14

post #110 of 165 Old 07-29-2015, 01:02 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Whoever has the TSB information (some or all of it), it might be beneficial to start a new thread for TSBs so they don't get buried in this thread.

I don't have any TSB numbers, but off the top of my head I think I remember there being TSBs for:

Welcome Lighting
Sirius Radio antenna
Heated Seats

I know there are more, but I don't recall what they are because (so far) they haven't applied to our MKC.

There have also been some recalls, but they only apply to early production MKCs.

Relocation of the Start/Stop Engine button
Windshield Replacement for Air Bubbles

Again, I know there are more. I think they had to do with fuel delivery, but I don't know for sure.

It might be better if whoever does have any TSB information to start a new thread for TSBs only so that they are easy for forum members to find when they need the information.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
White Platinum Exterior /White Sands Interior
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

Build Date: 11/20/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page