• 1 Post By LINC

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-12-2015, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Gas Tank Issue

I reported an issue to the dealership service about my Lincoln MKC when the gas tank is full or 3/4 there is a sloshing sound of liquid especially when I accelerate and brake. It is definitley more noticeable when the tank is fuller. The service foreman agreed with the noise, tested other MKC's on the lot and found the same noise. They have apparently placed a global concern to Customer help, but I think this will get me no where. I contacted customer service and they basically said that there is no fix and that a lot more complaints have to come through to even think of a recall. So I spend a lot of money on a "luxury" car and I have to deal with an obvious engineering problem. What does it take for a company like Ford/Lincoln to investigate and confirm the issue and fix their mistakes. A 2 month old car should not sound like huge waves are hitting my it or that I getting bumped every time I brake.

Any MKC owners out there please check this and place a formal complaint so they can fix their mistakes instead ignoring them.

Nelson
JefffromNH and Bob Evans like this.
post #2 of 10 Old 05-12-2015, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
No one else has this problem that we have seen on the site. My vehicle does not.

Jeff from NH, why are you such a lurker, waiting for any minor diss on the MKC? Do you really own one or just love throwing darts?
LINC likes this.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-12-2015, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Just filled up my MKC today and didn't hear anything unusual. Tried some pretty hard stops and fast starts, too. I've got almost 16,000 miles on mine and haven't heard anything like this at all.
TxTom and 20MKC15 like this.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.3L
Ruby Red Exterior / Hazelnut Interior

Build Date: 7/22/14

post #4 of 10 Old 05-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite cruiser View Post
No one else has this problem that we have seen on the site. My vehicle does not.

Jeff from NH, why are you such a lurker, waiting for any minor diss on the MKC? Do you really own one or just love throwing darts?
Jeff from NH doesn't have an MKC. He bought a Volvo instead.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
White Platinum Exterior /White Sands Interior
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

Build Date: 11/20/14
post #5 of 10 Old 05-13-2015, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
I just got mine this past Friday. It had a full tank and I've refilled it once since then. I've not heard any sloshing and surely hope that I don't.
TxTom likes this.

2015 MKC FWD 2.0L, Reserve & Tech packs, THX, 19" wheels, Midnight Sapphire/White Sands-Espresso, Build: Feb 2015
BMW 750 Li
Chevy Malibu Limited LT
Mitsubishi 3000GT
post #6 of 10 Old 05-13-2015, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferman44 View Post
Jeff from NH doesn't have an MKC. He bought a Volvo instead.
He didn't buy that Volvo either, he nor anyone for that matter is active on any Volvo site.

There are quite a few posters here or a few posters with many member names that are just out to bash the MKC for their sad kicks.

If they owned or leased one they wouldn't post as only negative one or two hit wonders, or lurk to "like".

Owners with a true concern or legit questions are welcome. We know the great vehicle we chose. The BS'ers are easy to spot and need to find other entertainment.

Also the sloshing tank has been tried already.
midnite cruiser likes this.

2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.3 Reserve 19" 5-spoke Climate Pkg. Ingot Silver/Ebony
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4 3.6 20" Bright Silver/Black
post #7 of 10 Old 05-13-2015, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just wondering what you mean by "sloshing tank has been tried already"? Do you mean you think it is BS? If so I wish you lived near Toronto because I would show you how bad it is. When I brake hard you feel I big thump. It was even verified by a service guy at Ford\Lincoln who drove his manager's MKC which is weird why it wasn't noticed by the manager until it was pointed out.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-13-2015, 12:39 PM
moe

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
its most probably the air condition i hear a similar sound when AC is on, did you only have when AC is on?
post #9 of 10 Old 05-13-2015, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It is definitely not the AC. It is obviously something to do with the gas tank. Once I fill up or have it pretty full it is very noticeable. If I have the tank below half way it is barely noticeable.
post #10 of 10 Old 05-13-2015, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINC View Post
He didn't buy that Volvo either, he nor anyone for that matter is active on any Volvo site.

There are quite a few posters here or a few posters with many member names that are just out to bash the MKC for their sad kicks.

If they owned or leased one they wouldn't post as only negative one or two hit wonders, or lurk to "like".

Owners with a true concern or legit questions are welcome. We know the great vehicle we chose. The BS'ers are easy to spot and need to find other entertainment.

Also the sloshing tank has been tried already.
Ya, I did notice that and wondered myself why someone would continue to participate after they had decided on another vehicle. I guess some people are just bored and/or lonely.

2015 MKC AWD / 2.0L
White Platinum Exterior /White Sands Interior
Select Package / Select Plus Package / Climate Package / Power Liftgate / All Weather Mats / Reversible Cargo Mat

Build Date: 11/20/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page